The Playstation 5 thread

Just now, b!T said:

Will try Astro. Returnal will beat my a*s hard :fear1:

bro trust me, even I thought Returnal would be super tough and on top of that Roguelikes aren’t my style. But it’s probably one of the best games I’ve ever played in the last decade.

You also have folks who can co op and sherpa you. Check the Returnal thread

7 minutes ago, b!T said:

Will try Astro. Returnal will beat my a*s hard :fear1:

Man you are going to do yourself a disservice by not trying Returnal. 

I also was highly doubtful if I will be able to beat it but it just clicks after a couple of hrs.

Just don't give up for the first few hrs and then you wont be able to put the controller down. 

7 minutes ago, Snake said:

bro trust me, even I thought Returnal would be super tough and on top of that Roguelikes aren’t my style. But it’s probably one of the best games I’ve ever played in the last decade.

You also have folks who can co op and sherpa you. Check the Returnal thread

I did start it. The main problem I face is not difficulty rather time. I play in short bursts and I felt that returnal needs to be played in longer intervals to not break the immersion. Will get back to it when I can.

7 minutes ago, rushab oswal said:

Returnal has the best gun implementation on dualsense. 

I have played it a bit.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SuperT said:

Man you are going to do yourself a disservice by not trying Returnal. 

I also was highly doubtful if I will be able to beat it but it just clicks after a couple of hrs.

Just don't give up for the first few hrs and then you wont be able to put the controller down. 

hmmm, as I mentioned above, I need to find some time to invest in it.

1 minute ago, b!T said:

hmmm, as I mentioned above, I need to find some time to invest in it.

With these new PS Plus tiers and the abundance of good games - I have started feeling a lack of time, how I wish all these services were available back when I was in college. 

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, b!T said:

I play in short bursts

I found that Halo Infinite gives me the maximum satisfaction if I only have time to play in short bursts. 

I accumulated nearly 190 hours of play time in Halo MP mostly in this ‘short bursts’ playing segment, not even bored yet 

6 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

I found that Halo Infinite gives me the maximum satisfaction if I only have time to play in short bursts. 

I accumulated nearly 190 hours of play time in Halo MP mostly in this ‘short bursts’ playing segment, not even bored yet 

I played the campaign that way. 

While beta access is limited to invited participants in select countries*, our goal is to bring these updates to our global community later this year.

Edited by Snake
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Snake said:

While beta access is limited to invited participants in select countries*, our goal is to bring these updates to our global community later this year.

Good news for monitor users. I hope they allow customization options and themes. 

“If the game you’re playing supports 1440p rendering you can experience native 1440p output on your display.”

so we will get 1440p at 60-120fps graphics options in games?

if yes, I’ll always take this over 4K30 even though TV is 4K

2 hours ago, 0verlord said:

“If the game you’re playing supports 1440p rendering you can experience native 1440p output on your display.”

This option was always available no?

60 fps mode tends to drop resolution from 4k a bit.

2 hours ago, 0verlord said:

Only in the games which supports these resolutions. 

Also if you have a 4k TV then you will always get image at 4k - either native or upscaled.  

This update is mostly for those who have 1440p monitor with high refresh rate 144hz and above.

(Lucky for me i just placed an order for the monitor with exact same specs today itself )

My monitor also supports 4k at 60 fps via downscaling so can play on that mode till Sony launches final update . 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

PlayStation reveals Backbone One - PlayStation Edition, an officially licensed controller for iPhone

Meh

Offset analog sticks are interesting.

Hopefully they update dual sense with off set sticks as well. :D