The Playstation 5 thread

16 hours ago, radicaldude said:

My response was to this. 

Gigantic or minuscule is for the reviewers to judge. They won't go by your (or my) whims ( remake x has gigantic differences and remake y looks like the original title). 

Main point is that remakes do get considered for GoTY awards. 

I don’t think TLOU remake will be nominated for goty. 

It will win accessibility awards for sure, but the game has already been critically acclaimed everywhere. 

I would be surprised if it even gets nominated. 

On 9/1/2022 at 4:16 PM, radicaldude said:

Elden Ring is a Sony game? :rofl:

TLOU remake for GoTY? :rofl: There are enough new games for GoTY nominations this year

also, HFW isn’t GOTY potential considering this year’s big hitters 

Edited by 0verlord

On 9/2/2022 at 7:34 PM, 0verlord said:

Elden Ring is a Sony game? :rofl:

TLOU remake for GoTY? :rofl: There are enough new games for GoTY nominations this year

also, HFW isn’t GOTY potential considering this year’s big hitters 

umm, it’s one of the better rated games of the year.  Elden, God of war will take 2 slots. What else?

3 hours ago, RV1709 said:

umm, it’s one of the better rated games of the year.  Elden, God of war will take 2 slots. What else?

Most probably Horizon Forbidden West and Xenoblade Chronicles 3 will take up the remaining 2 Nomination Spots this year I guess.

I can't think of another game releasing this year that will be up for GOTY unless some dev pulls out an unlocked for Super-Hit out of nowhere or a low expectation game like Valkyrie Elysium/Forsaken etc. becomes a surprise Dark Horse.

2 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

What's the point to consider a remake for GOTY which offers no valuable difference.. 

I mean why not? When I say GOTY I usually mean gamers' personal favourites of the year. Gaming journalists and their 'awards' have always been a joke. Kind of wild to see when people take them seriously.

Edited by Kumar123