The Playstation 5 thread

13 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

Yep. I wouldn't have been surprised if this was priced even higher. Definitely getting this

Exactly. Unlike the first one, this is premium all round. From foveated rendering to the panels to the controller.

That begs the question, why the heck does meta quest pro cost 1500USD?! 

Expected more, the specs are crazy compared to $400-500 VR sets in the market. The margins must be really tight. 

11 minutes ago, Vamos said:

It is reasonably priced if you consider the VR specs. 

You can actually tell who is keeping up with the current VR tech and market and who isn't from the replies :rofl: 

• Haha 8

49 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Expected more, the specs are crazy compared to $400-500 VR sets in the market. The margins must be really tight. 

You can actually tell who is keeping up with the current VR tech and market and who isn't from the replies :rofl: 

Unfortunately pricing is far removed for mass consumption. Needs to be brought down to 259-299USD for wider adoption, and that's for first world countries.

Maybe VR3. 

40 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Unfortunately pricing is far removed for mass consumption. Needs to be brought down to 259-299USD for wider adoption, and that's for first world countries.

Maybe VR3. 

I don't see that happening ever. Original PSVR had lower spec compared to other VR headsets of its time and that launched for 399$.

Edit: PS Camera and Move Controllers were extra :P

Edited by gecko89

36 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

I don't see that happening ever. Original PSVR had lower spec compared to other VR headsets of its time and that launched for 399$.

Edit: PS Camera and Move Controllers were extra :P

Likely next gen ? Enthusiasts will lap up the 550 USD pricing, but again not a mass seller. 

40 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Likely next gen ? Enthusiasts will lap up the 550 USD pricing, but again not a mass seller. 

Also given the fact that one needs to buy a 50k console first, this is way above par.

Even majority of Ps5 owners won't get this.

I don't think the pricing is high compared to other VR headsets on the market with similar specs. It's pretty decent pricing imo.

But the lack of top quality games at launch is going to be an issue especially considering PS-VR1 titles won't work on PS-VR2. 

So very limited options overall.  

Doesn't matter if it's priced 55/60/70k . With High overall pricing ( over 1L with PS5) and lack of demand in general , so yeah don't see it working well in India at all . 

18 hours ago, Vaibhavp said:

If they won't release games on it, it will.

I need 5 games of Half Life Alyx quality to justify spending this much.

You need to buy PS5 for this to work. So first you have to justify spending 50k on that  :P

4 minutes ago, b!T said:

Well, PS5 itself sells a miniscule amount in India compared to major markets. So I dont think Sony even expects to sell a lot here.

I think the trend is definitely changing though - More people are okay with spending on games ( and have the money to do so) now compared to earlier. And Sony has been generous with regular restocks here .

So while India may still be a small market but it's certainly a market where Sony would expect strong growth in revenue in coming years .

Yeah they certainly won't have any expectations from PSVR2 in India though. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

You need to buy PS5 for this to work. So first you have to justify spending 50k on that  :P

Console is justifiable. I need to play the games to know their shortcomings and strengths (if any). -_-

Besides Digital version for me. And waiting for slim version which normally gets a price cut. So won't be 50k for sure.

Not into day 1 hype anymore.

And if they launch a mini version like Series S, that will be day 1.

5 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

Console is justifiable. I need to play the games to know their shortcomings and strengths (if any). -_-

Besides Digital version for me. And waiting for slim version which normally gets a price cut. So won't be 50k for sure.

Not into day 1 hype anymore.

And if they launch a mini version like Series S, that will be day 1.

Mini version with poor specs like series s ?