The Playstation 5 thread

6 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

Any news on whether this would work with PC as well? Might get one down the line if it’s not just tied to the PS ecosystem

Highly unlikely, IMO. It seems designed with the PS5 in mind.

Even if (a big if) it's officially supported, I'm sure Sony would have made a lot of noise about it right from the time of release to increase their chances of selling as many units at launch as possible.

Think about it, a VR headset that's made for the PS5 but officially works with a PC, too. That's wild!

3 hours ago, Vaibhavp said:

Console is justifiable. I need to play the games to know their shortcomings and strengths (if any). -_-

Besides Digital version for me. And waiting for slim version which normally gets a price cut. So won't be 50k for sure.

Not into day 1 hype anymore.

And if they launch a mini version like Series S, that will be day 1.

Don't think they will launch a mini version. Slim version should come in 1/2 years . 

1 hour ago, Vaibhavp said:

Current PS5 is way too big and ugly.

Hopefully Series S sales success will start a new trend of making SFF hardware. 

That's okay, I don't need to bang my PS5

Spoiler

yet

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Vaibhavp said:

Current PS5 is way too big and ugly.

Hopefully Series S sales success will start a new trend of making SFF hardware. 

DE looks sweet. Got a black controller so now I need to get black plates and all set.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

Even if (a big if) it's officially supported, I'm sure Sony would have made a lot of noise about it right from the time of release to increase their chances of selling as many units at launch as possible.

Think about it, a VR headset that's made for the PS5 but officially works with a PC, too. That's wild!

Such a bummer. The PC ecosystem is far more mature for VR content. Other than PS VR 1 titles, we will have to wait for content to start showing up if it is a PS5 exclusive.

3 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

It's very ironic considering they want to put all their games on PC though :rofl:

I'm not sure but I think VR is bigger on PC than console..

9 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

It's very ironic considering they want to put all their games on PC though :rofl:

I'm not sure but I think VR is bigger on PC than console..

You are right. Also the PS VR2 connects via USB C and not a proprietary connector like VR1. So there is still hope

1 minute ago, Assassins Creed said:

Its clear both Xbox and PS5 price increase if because of the Exchange Rate and import duties there on..

If Xbox has said they won't increase the console price, they will NOT in their primary markets of course..

But Sony India comes under Sony EU and hence shouldn't be affected by USD price rise right ?

This increase here is likely a part of general price increase which Sony is doing in many countries like those in Europe - because of rising costs .