The Playstation 5 thread

37 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

Good news.

Finally I can start considering a PlayStation console.

Screenshot_20230107-2116542.png

Here's Cory Barlog saying the same thing. To be honest, I think these AAA studios just want to emulate Elden Ring's success, maybe because making these 'cinematic games' are becoming more and more expensive every generation and is not very sustainable.

22 minutes ago, Kumar123 said:

Screenshot_20230107-2116542.png

Here's Cory Barlog saying the same thing. To be honest, I think these AAA studios just want to emulate Elden Ring's success, maybe because making these 'cinematic games' are becoming more and more expensive every generation and is not very sustainable.

Druckmann doesn't name drop Elden Ring. 

They are talking about letting you figure it out things by yourself. 

That sounds like Arkane brand of story telling. It will be their own take on that obviously. Maybe a happy medium of what Arkane does and what they are doing right now.

Elden Ring shouldn't be replicated by them. Let Japanese handle that. They are good at it.

4 hours ago, Vaibhavp said:

Druckmann doesn't name drop Elden Ring. 

They are talking about letting you figure it out things by yourself. 

That sounds like Arkane brand of story telling. It will be their own take on that obviously. Maybe a happy medium of what Arkane does and what they are doing right now.

He did name drop it in the video? 

Also, I don't know how much immersive sims are comparable to the kind of games they make. 

23 minutes ago, Kumar123 said:

He did name drop it in the video? 

Also, I don't know how much immersive sims are comparable to the kind of games they make. 

Yeah, he names it right at start, before I was able to wear headphones :rolleyes:

I suspect he is referring to how From drops visual cues, like when you reach Leyendell in Elden Ring, you understand a lot of its lore. 

I doubt he would ask players to read read item descriptions to piece together the story.

Still, good thing they want to rely less on cut scenes, my number 1 gripe with a lot of these games.

10 minutes ago, Snake said:

FUD as usual 

Read the whole thread and updated article. Issue still persists, only thing changed is that one can't attribute it concretely to vertical position, which I think is even worse.

Whatever it is, I hope it's just FUD. I don't want my Ps5 to die.

Edited by KunjanPSD

2 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Read the whole thread and updated article. Issue still persists, only thing changed is that one can't attribute it concretely to vertical position, which I think is even worse.

Whatever it is, I hope it's just FUD. I don't want my Ps5 to die.

It only persists if we have more known cases, all we have is info from 1-2 french repair shops.  With 30 mil sold, and if this is a ‘ design flaw’. We’d have enough examples, but nothing so far

• Like 1