The Playstation 5 thread

1 hour ago, triggr happy ss said:

Thats a smart way to secure good reviews. 

This will not secure good reviews. If the game is bad it'll get bad reviews. Even if these outlets don't get code in advance, they will get one on launch and they will put their review out whether good or bad.

Maybe they're not confident about their product and don't want to hamper their pre-orders, and seems like it's working on that front. I'd elect that to nosedive if game turns out to be average or less than average. 

Edited by gecko89
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

This will not secure good reviews. If the game is bad it'll get bad reviews. Even if these outlets don't get code in advance, they will get one on launch and they will put their review out whether good or bad.

Maybe they're not confident about their product and don't want to hamper their pre-orders, and seems like it's working on that front. I'd elect that to nosedive if game turns out to be average or less than average. 

Review codes are sent with a fat cheque. That will ensure good reviews. 

Obviously it cannot be done if there are 100s of outlets.

53 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

Didn't one of the Doom games do this and turn out fine? 

4 minutes ago, Kumar123 said:

Doom review embargo lifted same day as release. 

It was id Soft so no idea why people doubted them. Though back then they hadn't made awesome game in long time. And people were kinda not expecting it to do anything special.

2 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

Review codes are sent with a fat cheque. That will ensure good reviews. 

Obviously it cannot be done if there are 100s of outlets.

Any proof for this? Or just pulling stuff out of thin air? 

1 minute ago, Kumar123 said:

It did.

I think Forspoken might end up between 75-85, which is pretty ok. But let's see ?

14 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

It did.

I think Forspoken might end up between 75-85, which is pretty ok. But let's see ?

Obviously no proof. Just talking out of his a*s.

I expect the game to score around 72-75

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, gecko89 said:

It did.

The major controversy that happened regarding this was from Gamespot I think - a reviewer was fired for giving a bad score to Kane and Lynch game - which had been heavily advertised on Gamespot and for which the site had been paid by Eidos.

After that, they started things like disclosing "We got the Game Code from the Developer for free" statements.

But this is very old news (PS3 era). I don't know if devs still do it, and I've not heard any recent controversies regarding paid reviews.