The Playstation 5 thread

4 minutes ago, adity said:

There would be at least a 12k-15k difference between Dubai and Indian prices imo. Worth the risk if you ask me. Current gen had very low failure rates even at launch from what I know  

same here...i got my Glacier White PS4 Pro for 28k from Dubai. The no warranty risk was worth it.

New manufacturing lines and tech does make the products fairly reliable but I do remember that when Ps4 came out, many of them had an issue with HDMI port which was ironed out in successive revisions. 

And by the time Pro came out, they already had the manufacturing in pretty good shape.

So let's say there is a 10k difference between India and Dubai, would 10k divided over a year be worth to let go of warranty? And also the the post 1 year support in which you get the option to replace by paying 50%. 

Would 10k divides over 2-3yrs be worth to let go of that? I don't think so.

Now if it's 15-20k or something then I can understand, I would buy from abroad too. But not for any less.

Had 2 PS consoles from abroad. My PS3 was the original fat 60 GB Launch one (With PS2  Emotion Engine based Full BC) and it ran for around 5 years or so before YLOD. I also have a base PS4 Launch Version which I got from abroad, and it's working fine till date (Some minor disc eject issues since past 1-2 years, but keeping some PS4 blu ray cases on the bottom makes it work fine. Would have been long out of warranty anyway by the time it developed this issue)

A friend of mine on the other hand was not so lucky. He had to buy and replace PS4 Pro twice due to hardware faults. After that, he just got a PS4 Pro from abroad, and that has been running absolutely fine till date.

Edited by roun90

7 minutes ago, AnK said:

With Games getting delayed coz of the pandemic I highly doubt they’ll be able to Justify the purchase at any price 

Only thing that can Justify is games like Cyberpunk,AC Valhalla & other crossgen games with Ray tracing

Don't think sony minds that. Majority of the launch title developers have to give confirmation soon if they are going gold. 

Can't have cyberpunk in the price reveal presentation and then have it delayed again.

s_436e25346e7d4c95a0088bfa9cf66c58.png

Translation also reads:

There are also two news that need to be further corroborated. One is that Sony will decrypt the internal structure design of the PS5 console in the form of TearDown in November, and the other is that "God of War 5" is scheduled to debut in 2022.

Edited by Animus

Interesting. Could be true. Seems legit, mostly.

A full $100 more *just* for the Blu-ray drive seems excessive, IMO. Especially in 2020.

I am obviously inclined towards getting the regular PS5 (with the disc-drive), but $100 seems too much, especially if we consider the Indian market and the prices we end up getting consoles at (especially at launch).

Edited by VelivolusDas

38 minutes ago, VelivolusDas said:

Interesting. Could be true. Seems legit, mostly.

A full $100 more *just* for the Blu-ray drive seems excessive, IMO. Especially in 2020.

I am obviously inclined towards getting the regular PS5 (with the disc-drive), but $100 seems too much, especially if we consider the Indian market and the prices we end up getting consoles at (especially at launch).

Actually, they are losing money on DE, atleast marketing/RnD. BOM is getting just recovered.

However, I feel that in long run, DE will bring more money than DISKed ones, because there would be no second-hand sales, no cut to be given to distributors.

And this is why they should try 349, 449.

PS5 @349 will make Xbox to hit 249 with Lockhart. cuz at 299 it will be DoA. It will be DoA anyway, but thats a different story.