The Playstation 5 thread

12 minutes ago, AnK said:

I think they’ve had a crazy last few years with PS4 

The amount of AAA content & that too exclusive on that system was just crazy 

1 minute ago, Heaven Angel said:

Now we don't want them to get lazed out. We need better games than previous gen had and software updates. 

Lazy oh no.Due to ps4, the next 5 years of ps5 are mostly sequels to the hit ps4 games except ND. Talk about having it easy :P New IPs like Returnal n Athia toh alag hi baat hai.

1 hour ago, CarbonCore said:

$10B profit is after counting the losses they take with every PS5 unit, which tells you what kind of crazy software year they had. No wonder they don't give a sh*t about subscription services :lol: 

Man thats what i was confused why is there so much difference in number :D

46 minutes ago, hope said:

Lazy oh no.Due to ps4, the next 5 years of ps5 are mostly sequels to the hit ps4 games except ND. Talk about having it easy :P New IPs like Returnal n Athia toh alag hi baat hai.

I hope they dont stop there and keep exploring , like death stranding and stuff. 

18 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

Man thats what i was confused why is there so much difference in number :D

They also make ton of money from 3rd party cut and MTX. They could stop making games entirely like Valve, and still make like $8B in profits. This is why HW install base has always been important.

4 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

They also make ton of money from 3rd party cut and MTX. They could stop making games entirely like Valve, and still make like $8B in profits. This is why HW install base has always been important.

But then would'nt that hurt new sales? People will then go to Xbox if sony stops making this story driven games.

4 minutes ago, AnK said:

Microsoft is solely banking all its bets on HW going obsolete in the near future 

If they did they wouldn't have the cheapest console in the market. They stopped saying that anyway. They only used to say it last gen when Xbox was flopping and they stopped reporting HW numbers. "HW doesn't matter to us, its all about software" :lol: 

3 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

But then would'nt that hurt new sales? People will then go to Xbox if sony stops making this story driven games.

Only hypothetically. Of course they'll keep making games, and keep making deals with 3rd parties to annoy people :P

49 minutes ago, AnK said:

Microsoft is solely banking all its bets on HW going obsolete in the near future

Like dedicated Movies & Music players 

It will happen sooner or later

It probably won't even begin to show results for the next 10 years (or more). Their streaming service is still in Beta, and their Game Pass app isn't even up on other stores.

It took streaming 8 years to dent physical media sales, I think. Things were fine in 2010, but started to dip around 2018.

And in those 10 years, competition could catch up. Sony, Amazon, Google, who knows who else. Maybe Netflix will have a "Games" tab :D

1 minute ago, AnK said:

Yeah 

but the theory of evolution says it will take much lesser time for Streaming of Games to become mainstream as it took for streaming of Music/Videos

No one really knows

Could be, considering they've figured out the streaming tech already.

Movies and music are static content, though. Much easier to compress and stream. Games are interactive, any lag would be super obvious, and hardcore gamers will pixel peep everything to death. I'm looking forward to the game streaming service war thread of 2031 :D

My friends at MS are working on indian data centers. They have exclusive game streaming cdns in the pipeline for 2021 and 2022. The way things are progressing with Indian ISPs as well, it will accelerate much quicker than the likes of Netflix and YouTube.

• Like 1

Just now, Mr. Comingle said:

I'm personally not losing sleep over 57k. You sure are over my 57k.

I personally have downloaded 7 games on XSX since I got it and have started playing them.

Guess how many I played on PS5?

P.S. Not trying to ignite anything, just facts which were surprising to me as well.

1 hour ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Darwin ko console war mat kheecho bhai log

15 minutes ago, AnK said:

Tumhare paise lage hai bhai 

hard cash ? ? 

tumhe dikhega har jagah console war :giggle:

7 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

I'm personally not losing sleep over 57k. You sure are over my 57k.

Final warning