The Playstation 5 thread

Just now, R a g h u said:

I hope we don't get pwned while checking if we got pwned.

It’s just the email id you are punching in 

not the password 

It’s already In gazillions of databases 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AnK said:

What is this 

it says both my emails have been breached too

Change the password of both of your emails as well. And don't use that breached password anywhere else.

When hackers manage to gain access and dump database of a website and later sell it or just make it public, the site checks whether your email is part of that breach.

Scroll down on that website and you can see from which websites your email/password were compromised. 

10 minutes ago, R a g h u said:

I hope we don't get pwned while checking if we got pwned.

6 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Don't trust these websites. 

7 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

If that happens, then just replace I and have and put an exclamation mark at the end! 

Calm down. The site is safe and is been around for years.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Have_I_Been_Pwned

Even FBI is working with them to help the victims of Emotet botnet. - https://www.welivesecurity.com/2021/04/29/fbi-teams-up-haveibeenpwned-alert-emotet-victims/

• Thanks 1

Just now, playstationdude said:

So pwned means i registered my email on some xyz account (say IGN), and it got pwned there right and not the actual email id?

Yes 

it doesn’t mean sh*t 

as your email is already roaming around through andromeda galaxy 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

So pwned means i registered my email on some xyz account (say IGN), and it got pwned there right and not the actual email id?

Yes not the actual email id, just the account on IGN but if you use same password as IGN on your email, then you should change it ASAP.

Edited by Rey
  • Like 1

One more thing that I think is important to know 

Is that I have multiple routers & boosters across my house 

Many times in the past year whenever I used to switch routers or boosters my PSN account would get locked ? sighting security reasons 

I obviously didn’t know about 2FA & didn’t have it activated so I just used to reset the password each time my account would get locked ? 

Last night while I ended my play session I noticed that account was locked again due a internet setting change on PS4 

But I just dosed off & didn’t remember to change password & unlock it 

I suspect that these “locked” ? accounts are more vulnerable to hacking 

so better keep that in check 

2 hours ago, rushaboswal said:

What from when ? i never got that option ? Works with google authenticator too ? 

It works with any authentication app (Google Auth, Microsoft Auth, Authy, ANDOtp, etc.)

Purchase Bitwarden, it’s an amazing open source Password manager and you can use it as an Authentication app as well. It backups the authentication qr codes as well.

@radicaldude hey use a passphrase as your password. Adding an exclamation at the end of a leaked password is pointless.

Edited by silica

8 hours ago, psinide said:

I actually prefer SMS. with Auth apps, you have to re-register when you buy a new phone/factory reset it. And I always end up forgetting registering one or the other 2fa account...

Authy allows you to migrate to new phone without re registering. Also authy even allows you to receive codes on multiple devices including desktop.

So it has been 24 hrs & I didn’t get any response from Sony India 

& I contacted UK support on Twitter again trying to explain the situation at hand 

Random hackers have started offering me help & links to their bosses as to how it can be recovered :mellow: