The Playstation 5 thread

1 hour ago, roun90 said:

For people who are excited and have a hope that something good might be announced, this is the link for Sony's State of Play - happening at 2:30 am tonight

Sony is also conducting the SoP in Japanese, so I hope they announce something big. Don't see the Japanese people being excited for Deathloop and Indies.

I am interested in the next big ip by Microsoft game studios. 

alright, rant time. Whoever at Sony suggested to them that they shouldn't be putting non-swappable batteries/battery pack in the DualSense should be fired. If he is already gone, they should hire him back and fire him again.

I mean, I appreciated the cost saving of not having to buy charger/batteries when I had a CRT or when I used to sit 2 feet from the TV. But, with big screen TVs being the norm, can't sit close to the TV lest I am ready to lose my neck. And can't spread a 3 meter cable across the hall just to charge this battery hogging controller, cause that thing will be a tripwire yanking the whole console down with one little misstep. The only two possible solutions I see are to either cough up some 7000-8000 bucks to buy an extra controller with grey market charging stand or to keep the PS5 on rest mode all the time, which again is an issue given the horror stories of rest mode crash. Can;t charge the controller with my Dash/Fast charger as well, because if something happens, they undoubtedly are not gonna cover it under warranty. Its just impossible to stay wireless with one controller all the time. Ugh.

rant over.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, WhatsInTheName said:

Can;t charge the controller with my Dash/Fast charger as well, because if something happens, they undoubtedly are not gonna cover it under warranty. Its just impossible to stay wireless with one controller all the time. Ugh.

rant over.

Use a power bank (if possible)?

alright, rant time. Whoever at Sony suggested to them that they shouldn't be putting non-swappable batteries/battery pack in the DualSense should be fired. If he is already gone, they should hire him back and fire him again.

I mean, I appreciated the cost saving of not having to buy charger/batteries when I had a CRT or when I used to sit 2 feet from the TV. But, with big screen TVs being the norm, can't sit close to the TV lest I am ready to lose my neck. And can't spread a 3 meter cable across the hall just to charge this battery hogging controller, cause that thing will be a tripwire yanking the whole console down with one little misstep. The only two possible solutions I see are to either cough up some 7000-8000 bucks to buy an extra controller with grey market charging stand or to keep the PS5 on rest mode all the time, which again is an issue given the horror stories of rest mode crash. Can;t charge the controller with my Dash/Fast charger as well, because if something happens, they undoubtedly are not gonna cover it under warranty. Its just impossible to stay wireless with one controller all the time. Ugh.

rant over.

Use the Ipad charger 12W charger. It works and does not degrade the battery. I have using that charger for my Switch for -18 months.

rant over.

Been saying this for year ,6-7 hours battery is not enough. 

1 minute ago, TRMNTR said:

Use a power bank (if possible)?

1 minute ago, silica said:

Use the Ipad charger 12W charger. It works and does not degrade the battery. I have using that charger for my Switch for -18 months.

isn't there like a whole bottom pin vs USB cable charging puzzle? I'm not gonna put anything unofficial in the USB-C port. No sir. Also, don't have a power bank. And ipad charger will not solve the problem if the battery drops during a playing session. But yeah, could help in avoiding the rest mode problem. 

Those bottom pin chargers, do they need both controller slots to be engaged to complete the circuit?  

20 minutes ago, WhatsInTheName said:

isn't there like a whole bottom pin vs USB cable charging puzzle? I'm not gonna put anything unofficial in the USB-C port. No sir. Also, don't have a power bank. And ipad charger will not solve the problem if the battery drops during a playing session. But yeah, could help in avoiding the rest mode problem. 

Those bottom pin chargers, do they need both controller slots to be engaged to complete the circuit?  

Just use any 5V charger and you'll be fine. Stay away from fast chargers with multiple output modes i.e. 5V and 9V. Even if the charger is supplying 10A at 5V, the controller will only take in 1.5A.

USB-C is miles better than Micro USB.

Also, having non-swappable batteries is really a sore. DS hardly lasts 3-4 hrs at best if you are using the headphone jack.

Meanwhile Xbox controller easily gives me 20hrs with headphones on normal Eneloops.

Didn't realise the difference until I got the Xbox.

Swappable batteries in DS will be a great addition.

Rest mode problem is very rare. I almost always keep my PS5 on rest mode and keep the controller hooked. Not had any problems. I have a frnd who does the same and no problems. I don't think anyone here on IVG has faced problems with rest mode. But yeah not defending them in any way the whole controller charging thing is a pita.

10 mins in... And only indies so far. 

Hunters Arena Legends to be free* on PS+ from Aug 3rd to Sept 6th.

Sifu postponed to early 2022.

DemonSlayer Hinokami Chronicles... actually looks pretty good.

Death Stranding DC looks like a proper Director's Cut. No news of upgrade options for existing owners. 

Death loop is starting to grow on me.

Edited by gecko89