The Playstation 5 thread

34 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

More realizations - 

PS5 has

• this amazing and powerful architecture that can't be replicated even on PC without breaking the bank
  • super immersive dualsense haptics (and also triggers - ok ok)
  • 3d tempest audio - amazing 1st hand experience with RnC Rift Apart and Demon's Souls
  • terrific lineup of industry leading devs and studios for PS exclusives

Tremble in fear, mortal Xbox Series and PC owners

to add to this there are always arguments about APIs and "tools" getting matured day by day for Xbox Series consoles

meanwhile, PS5 Vulcan APIs are hitting it our of the park from day 1 to enable simply superior performance across 3rd party games which we have already seen eg. Dirt 5 and what not. These Vulkan APIs are also much simpler to use for devs, from what I've read. Xbox tools/APIs will develop/mature but so will PS5's - it won't get behind, possibly will always stay ahead

Summary:

• Software/Dev Tools/APIs - PS5 wins
  • Hardware PS5 wins, is revolutionary
  • Studios PS5 wins, by number and quality - just track record is enough to convince anyone
  • Controller PS5 wins, eg. I chose to play Plague Tale Innocence from PS Plus rather than the XSX Gamepass version simply because of dualsense haptics and 
  • 3d tempest audio - PS5 excellent, Xbox Series also pretty good  
  • Gamepass value - Xbox Series wins

Today, I've seen the light of day for the 1st time.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

which means Xbox Series and PC (and PS5) next gen 3rd party games will be nice - these games will be held back in design by lowest common denominator HDD using PCs and Xbox Series consoles which don't and can't upgrade to PS5 level architecture

Most gaming pc dudes have like a 120gb to 256gb ssd already, it's been a standard component for many years now, mainly for QoL improvements aside from gaming.

Series S will die alone in a ditch once Xbox SeX takes off in terms of sales.

series x already has SSD and "valocity architexture" according to MS, and PCs will get DirectStorage once those new "Gen4" NVME ssds come out and become mainstream, so by 2024 or 25 we may see the "fruits" in terms of multiplats.

8 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Most gaming pc dudes have like a 120gb to 256gb ssd already, it's been a standard component for many years now, mainly for QoL improvements aside from gaming.

Series S will die alone in a ditch once Xbox SeX takes off in terms of sales.

series x already has SSD and "valocity architexture" according to MS, and PCs will get DirectStorage once those new "Gen4" NVME ssds come out and become mainstream, so by 2024 or 25 we may see the "fruits" in terms of multiplats.

this would count if only SSDs were in consideration

the whole ecosystem built around the PS5 ssd elevate the whole system to another level

this enables devs to have game design capabilities with the PS5 for PS5-only exclusives that 3rd party games and Xbox exclusives could only dream of - because of the PS5 architecture as a whole - ssd, kraken, i/o complex, gpu and what not - all custom built for PS5 and unique and revolutionary - no Xbox or PC would be able to match the game design capabilities/environment that PS5 hardware provides 

Edited by 0verlord

6 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

this would count if only SSDs were in consideration

the whole ecosystem built around the PS5 ssd elevate the whole system to another level

this enables devs to have game design capabilities with the PS5 for PS5-only exclusives that 3rd party games and Xbox exclusives could only dream of - because of the PS5 architecture as a whole - ssd, kraken, i/o complex, gpu and what not - all custom built for PS5 and unique and revolutionary - no Xbox or PC would be able to match the game design capabilities/environment that PS5 hardware provides 

Yeeeah, I'd keep my expectations in check. 

1 hour ago, 0verlord said:

the funny thing is - I have also realized that PS5 is the real OVERLORD (among gaming machines), not me :majesty:

Truly. After going through those articles and videos, I have also realized that PS5 is the real STICKERBOY (among gaming machines), not me.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 0verlord said:

to add to this there are always arguments about APIs and "tools" getting matured day by day for Xbox Series consoles

meanwhile, PS5 Vulcan APIs are hitting it our of the park from day 1 to enable simply superior performance across 3rd party games which we have already seen eg. Dirt 5 and what not. These Vulkan APIs are also much simpler to use for devs, from what I've read. Xbox tools/APIs will develop/mature but so will PS5's - it won't get behind, possibly will always stay ahead

Summary:

• Software/Dev Tools/APIs - PS5 wins
  • Hardware PS5 wins, is revolutionary
  • Studios PS5 wins, by number and quality - just track record is enough to convince anyone
  • Controller PS5 wins, eg. I chose to play Plague Tale Innocence from PS Plus rather than the XSX Gamepass version simply because of dualsense haptics and 
  • 3d tempest audio - PS5 excellent, Xbox Series also pretty good  
  • Gamepass value - Xbox Series wins

Today, I've seen the light of day for the 1st time.

Fully agree. 

This dude knows what's up.

If you think I am a sarcastic Xbot, let me tell you that right now, I own 3 working Playstation consoles - PS3, PS4 Pro and PS5. I have also previously owned a PS2. The only Xbox I have owned in my life is the XSX which I purchased last November, not even 1 year with Xbox while more than a decade with PS

It is generally understood that if you support PS/Xbox, you buy those consoles and games on that platform 

and looking at how many Playstations I spent money on and own right now, no one can claim that I am a sarcastic Xbot :P You can also let me know how many people right now own more Playstation consoles than me. That’ll tell you where my loyalties lie

My PS3 still works fine and am currently playing Batman Arkham City on it

5 hours ago, 0verlord said:

If you think I am a sarcastic Xbot, let me tell you that right now, I own 3 working Playstation consoles - PS3, PS4 Pro and PS5. I have also previously owned a PS2. The only Xbox I have owned in my life is the XSX which I purchased last November, not even 1 year with Xbox while more than a decade with PS

It is generally understood that if you support PS/Xbox, you buy those consoles and games on that platform 

and looking at how many Playstations I spent money on and own right now, no one can claim that I am a sarcastic Xbot :P You can also let me know how many people right now own more Playstation consoles than me. That’ll tell you where my loyalties lie

My PS3 still works fine and am currently playing Batman Arkham City on it

All the famous xbots here do, even the ones who got banned long ago.

Not sure about the ps5/xsx, since stock issues, scalping and all, but the prev gen consoles fanboys of both sides have.