Jump to content

The Playstation 5 thread


Recommended Posts

39 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

I don't even know how people would know if dynamic res was in action in motion. Not like we're gonna pause, zoom 400% and check for artifacts. Especially when upscale tech is so good now. 


also, if you want a BIG example of checkerboarding softness, check this video from 4.20 till 14.00

 

I have saved you from watching the full 30 minutes video and specified only relevant 10 minutes. So you must watch it. And watch at 1080p

 

I guarantee that anyone will change their opinion about checkerboarding and upscaling after watching from 5.10 till 14.00

 

 

Edited by Panopticon
Watch from 4.20 to 14.00
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not every game’s Checkerboard solution is on par 

Sony games usually implement it the best 

 

NXG said it’s on par with that & considering the tad lower than native 4k on SX version,it’s not unmatchable in SoTR’s case 

 

But anyway if you have made up your mind then irrespective of what I or NXG say you should go for pristine resolution & Framerate is not like it’s unplayable or anything 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Panopticon said:


also, if you want a BIG example of checkerboarding softness, check this video from 4.20 till 14.00

 

I have saved you from watching the full 30 minutes video and specified only relevant 10 minutes. So you must watch it. And watch at 1080p

 

I guarantee that anyone will change their opinion about checkerboarding and upscaling after watching from 5.10 till 14.00

 

 

I get it.

But Sony(and MS as well I'm sure) has come a long way from basic checkerboarding, plus I did mention 'in motion' and not pause, zoomed 400% to see differences. I know I won't be doing that while playing any game. 

Edited by gecko89
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Mr.Copyright© said:

 


Wonder how VGchartzz got to know this figure weeks in advance 

 

They are definitely wrong about their Xbox numbers 

The officially released numbers just don’t tally…….

 

……..oh well 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

PS5 is the fastest-selling PlayStation as it hits 10m sales milestone

 

  • Other sales figures released by Sony includes that Spider-Man: Miles Morales has sold over 6.5 million copies since its launch last year.
  • PS5 exclusives Returnal, released in April, has exceeded 560,000 copies
  • Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, which was released last month, is already on over 1.1 million units worldwide.
  • Sony San Diego-developed MLB: The Show 21, which was released on non-PlayStation platforms, has surpassed two million sales worldwide. The game actually has more than four million players, and was included in the Xbox Game Pass subscription service.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

PS5 is the fastest-selling PlayStation as it hits 10m sales milestone

 

  • Other sales figures released by Sony includes that Spider-Man: Miles Morales has sold over 6.5 million copies since its launch last year.
  • PS5 exclusives Returnal, released in April, has exceeded 560,000 copies
  • Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, which was released last month, is already on over 1.1 million units worldwide.
  • Sony San Diego-developed MLB: The Show 21, which was released on non-PlayStation platforms, has surpassed two million sales worldwide. The game actually has more than four million players, and was included in the Xbox Game Pass subscription service.

 

 

Jim Ryan right now:

 

Return Of The Jedi Episode 6 GIF

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

 

 

 

Proto title popularly known as spiderman dlc sold 6.5 mil copies! 

 

 

 

Impressive for a console with just one interesting game (Returnal) and no future confirmed (pretty much).

 

Sony is piggybacking PS4 popularity.

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Mr.Copyright© said:

 

 

2 important points. 

 

1. They said that the 10 million milestone was hit on 18th July, which lines up with vgchartz. Lol. Their data must've gotten better than PS3/4 days. 

 

2. Sony's earning call is supposed to happen soon. This weekend or next so it's surprising that they put out this info today. Maybe they needed to respond to MS's news today. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, KnackChap said:

 

2 important points. 

 

1. They said that the 10 million milestone was hit on 18th July, which lines up with vgchartz. Lol. Their data must've gotten better than PS3/4 days. 

 

2. Sony's earning call is supposed to happen soon. This weekend or next so it's surprising that they put out this info today. Maybe they needed to respond to MS's news today. 

 

 

A wise man once said, the system that surpasses 10m first, wins the generation..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, iam said:

Returnal sales are a bit sad not gonna lie. Genuinely one of the best games of the last decade and so few people bought it and i assume even fewer finished it.

I urge everyone to go try this gem of a game. 

Like if you have a ps5, you need to play the game. If you don't have a ps5, just buy it and keep it on your shelf. Play it when you get ps5. 

 

Buy it later at a cheaper price maybe. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

 

  • PS5 exclusives Returnal, released in April, has exceeded 560,000 copies
  • Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, which was released last month, is already on over 1.1 million units worldwide


Returnal deserves to be in a million spot with AAA level development.. hopefully the discount boost the sales and more players believing they can actually play it 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...