The Playstation 5 thread

3 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

NX gamer makes lot of dumb comparison. He sucks. He purposely makes his video clicky baity sometimes. I don't like that dude and also comes out as major Sony Shill.

DF is the gold standards for all graphics and hardware analysis. Rest dont matter and should not be taken seriously. 

Imagine unironically believing this 

:rofl:

DF almost got sued by Redout developer for telling wrong resolution :rofl: They apologized and made a new video. After that they stopped saying outright what resolution it is and say stuff like "we found lowest res to be xyz in our testing but it could be lower".  Even one man show like NXG didn't fk up this bad :lol: 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

DF almost got sued by Redout developer for telling wrong resolution :rofl: They apologized and made a new video. After that they stopped saying outright what resolution it is and say stuff like "we found lowest res to be xyz in our testing but it could be lower".  Even one man show like NXG didn't fk up this bad :lol: 

Except NXG has made similar mistakes. Nobody is a God.

Just now, TRMNTR said:

Which are those mistakes? Even in the Redout case his video was up at the same time as DF, and he caught the correct resolution. Dude has the luxury of working on one video for weeks unlike DF, so he catches a lot of stuff missed by DF crew.

18 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

I hope the apology was of . . . . "gold" standard :P 

Austin Powers Movie GIF

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Which are those mistakes? Even in the Redout case his video was up at the same time as DF, and he caught the correct resolution. Dude has the luxury of working on one video for weeks unlike DF, so he catches a lot of stuff missed by DF crew.

My point is, everybody makes mistakes. I'm sure we both make mistakes at our respective jobs. It's just that we don't get the same level of scrutiny as DF and NXG; DF more so than NXG because they've been around much longer. 

34 minutes ago, TRMNTR said:

My point is, everybody makes mistakes. I'm sure we both make mistakes at our respective jobs. It's just that we don't get the same level of scrutiny as DF and NXG; DF more so than NXG because they've been around much longer. 

The problem with DF is that they bit more than they can chew. They have a large patreon base and they have to constantly feed them videos. Three videos a week is insane work for 4 guys considering they have to also play the games on multiple platforms. I'm in a discord with dark1x (DF retro guy) and he basically stopped doing comparison videos because the pressure was too much. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

The problem with DF is that they bit more than they can chew. They have a large patreon base and they have to constantly feed them videos. Three videos a week is insane work for 4 guys considering they have to also play the games on multiple platforms. I'm in a discord with dark1x (DF retro guy) and he basically stopped doing comparison videos because the pressure was too much. 

Agreed. Work crunch is everywhere and more crunch equals more mistakes. Internet is just an unfortunate place where every mistake is engraved in stone, used as fodder and laughed at for life. What a horrendous job to have.

GamersNexus also weighs in . . .

DF drops their findings as well . .

Whether the machine is hotter or not is still to be tested, but logic suggests that if the new cooling assembly was not up to the task, the fan would be increasing in speed and volume to expel the build-up of heat. This does not seem to be happening - and hours on, the power draw is still consistent too.

Edited by gecko89
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

.20210901_003620.jpg

Hope the new helmet has the same design as the old one, the whole suit-up was baller AF

8 hours ago, TRMNTR said:

Mistakes happen but still they are considered most reliable by everyone except the Blue Brigade

Edited by WhiteWolf

4 hours ago, gecko89 said:

GamersNexus also weighs in . . .

DF drops their findings as well . .

Did the gold standards for all graphics and hardware analysis just say "but logic suggests that if the new cooling assembly was not up to the task, the fan would be increasing in speed and volume to expel the build-up of heat. This does not seem to be happening - and hours on, the power draw is still consistent too."

• Haha 1