The Playstation 5 thread

3 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

“The PlayStation chief also commented on the surprising news that titles such Horizon Forbidden West would be coming to PS4 as well, having been presumed to be PS5 exclusives. 

No one should be disappointed,” Ryan said. “The PS5 versions of those games are built from the ground up to take advantage of the PS5 feature set, and we have an upgrade path for PS4 users to get the PS5 versions for free. It’s about people having choice. I’m really quite pleased about the situation.”

https://www.mcvuk.com/business-news/playstations-jim-ryan-on-ps5-pricing-next-gen-exclusivity-pandemic-uncertainty-and-ps4s-continuing-lifespan/

Upgrade path for free but only if you pay $80.

Lol, all those arguments of multiple launch editions, lowest denominator console, chindigiri, smart delivery.

All going up in smoke.

Edited by KunjanPSD
  • Haha 3

Im pretty sure the PS4 version of the game would run on the ps5 via BC. They'll launch a *free* BC ps5 upgrade as well (in due course) 

Sony would not give (ofcourse) 2 versions of the game for $60 when they are selling the ps5 version alone for $70. 

Ps- I hope this cross gen thingy ends soon. Creates a lot of confusion when it comes to pricing. 

4 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Im pretty sure the PS4 version of the game would run on the ps5 via BC. They'll launch a *free* BC ps5 upgrade as well (in due course) 

Sony would not give (ofcourse) 2 versions of the game for $60 when they are selling the ps5 version alone for $70. 

Ps- I hope this cross gen thingy ends soon. Creates a lot of confusion when it comes to pricing. 

No one should be disappointed,” Ryan said. “The PS5 versions of those games are built from the ground up to take advantage of the PS5 feature set, and we have an upgrade path for PS4 users to get the PS5 versions for free. It’s about people having choice. I’m really quite pleased about the situation.”

Just now, hsk_colossus said:

No one should be disappointed,” Ryan said. “The PS5 versions of those games are built from the ground up to take advantage of the PS5 feature set, and we have an upgrade path for PS4 users to get the PS5 versions for free. It’s about people having choice. I’m really quite pleased about the situation.”

Did you want a pay once and get all generational upgrades (for free) model or something? :rofl: 

The bold part explains why the ps5 version /upgrade costs money. They are selling the standalone ps5 version for $70 and you were expecting PS4 owners would get the same version for $60? As I have said, they PS4 version would run on the ps5 via BC and I'm sure they'll launch a free upgrade patch as well. 

Ps- Talk to r* about this (your model) as they are trying to milk the same game in 3 *different* generations. 

Anyways enough about pricing on this thread. 

Just now, radicaldude said:

Did you want a pay once and get all generational upgrades (for free) model or something? :rofl: 

The bold part explains why the ps5 version /upgrade costs money. They are selling the standalone ps5 version for $70 and you were expecting PS4 owners would get the same version for $60? As I have said, they PS4 version would run on the ps5 via BC and I'm sure they'll launch a free upgrade patch as well. 

Ps- Talk to r* about this (your model) as they are trying to milk the same game in 3 *different* generations. 

Anyways enough about pricing on this thread. 

Are you uncle Jim? Because uncle Jim once said it’s going to be free.. 

Lol he specifically mentioned “Upgrade path” for PS4 owners to get PS5 version for “free”

Can be interpreted both ways 

things that are free don’t require any upgrade path & mention of upgrade path itself means that once you take that path ‘then’ it’s free

26 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

If I'm not wrong Jim Ryan posted a few times on IVG (when it was GI) during early PS3 era. Back then he was just a exec at sony uk(or Europe). 

Actually he was head of PAL markets outside of EU (Middle east ,Indian Sub continent etc.)

He was even present & did an interview for press at Indian PS3 launch 

Jim Ryan is correct.

No one should be disappointed after Sony already did a blatant 360 on GT7 being a Ps5 exclusive.

That was false marketing, lying through the skin of your teeth, just to sell your product at launch.

It's our fault for keeping our expectations high.