The Playstation 5 thread

3 hours ago, gecko89 said:

Here's a franchise that deserves a proper remake for current gen consoles. Hopefully enough people buy this and they remake one of the originals or a make a new game for this gen.

Remember being creeped the f*ck out playing first 2 titles, one step at a time, a proper horror game with the right atmosphere and set in Japanese village side and folklore. And so unlike western horror games with weapons etc.,.

Used to watch this in wonder while it was reviewed on GamerTV. How times have changed!!

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, ViCK said:

Used to watch this in wonder while it was reviewed on GamerTV. How times have changed!!

Oh yeah, times have changed.

Current horror games are good but Fatal frame was quite unique, there's definitely a place for this today.

Fatal Frame 2 scared the sh*t out of me back when I played it, and it still remains the scariest game I've played!

As much as I loved that game though, I'm not really feeling much excitement for this for some reason. It's cool that it's coming to PC though, and I'll definitely pick it up in some sale later.

• Like 1

Rant incoming-

Retarded Sony upgrade system strikes again.

Apparently if you only redeemed Control UE PS4 version when it was available on Plus then you are not entitled for PS5 version upgrade. 

Here more details on reddit there 

Reason its not working 

[QUOTE] 

This is more on the stupid way Sony handles PS4/PS5 game installs than on Remedy or 505. There's two separate Control Ultimate Edition listings - one for the PS4 and one for the PS5. The PS+ offer gave you access to both, but you had to claim them both on the webstore or PS App. If you did it through the PS4 only, you'd get just the PS4 Ultimate edition and couldn't see the PS5 version. If you the run the PS4 version of Ultimate edition on PS5, it doesn't pull the PS5 version, but just runs the PS4 version in backwards compatibility mode. Unfortunately, if you didn't claim the PS5 version while it was free, you're now out of luck.

Microsoft handles this much better with their Smart Delivery. You get the one game, and if you have a next-gen console, then you get the next gen version.[/quote]

:wallbash:

I claimed PS4 only back then coz i had no PS5, i thought since its Ultimate edition it will automatically upgrade me to PS5 version coz Remedy clearly said you are entitled for free upgrade if you own Ultimate edition but due to how Sony handles upgrade system im not entitled anymore coz i didn't add PS5 version to my library from PSN website or from PS5 lol

Edited by WhiteWolf
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

RGG Studios management changes. Toshihiro Nagoshi, Studio director, departing SEGA. :(

End of an era indeed.

2 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

Apparently if you only redeemed Control UE PS4 version when it was available on Plus then you are not entitled for PS5 version upgrade. 

Technically, you don't own anything on a subscription service so this seems reasonable.

Disclaimer - I don't know how Xbox handles this.

Edited by TRMNTR

1 hour ago, TRMNTR said:

Technically, you don't own anything on a subscription service so this seems reasonable.

Gears 5 was free on Gold. You download it and upgrade for free.

Ultimate edition of Control gives you nextgen version free on Xbox even if you own just base Xbox one version. When you log into SX, it will pull SX version automatically. 

PS handles it separately. You have to manually add each version of Control to get nextgen version. Adding just ps4 version of Ultimate edition dont give you nextgen version 

So i had no PS5 back then, so i just added PS4 version of Ultimate edition and as per Remedy even the PSN plus version will let you upgrade to Nextgen version. So i thought great, i will just add it to my library and play it when i get PS5. Now i got my ps5 and it shows PS5 version for $39.99 and PS4 ultimate edition free lol.

Edited by WhiteWolf

4 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

This is more on the stupid way Sony handles PS4/PS5 game installs than on Remedy or 505. There's two separate Control Ultimate Edition listings - one for the PS4 and one for the PS5. The PS+ offer gave you access to both, but you had to claim them both on the webstore or PS App. If you did it through the PS4 only, you'd get just the PS4 Ultimate edition and couldn't see the PS5 version. If you the run the PS4 version of Ultimate edition on PS5, it doesn't pull the PS5 version, but just runs the PS4 version in backwards compatibility mode. Unfortunately, if you didn't claim the PS5 version while it was free, you're now out of luck.

Microsoft handles this much better with their Smart Delivery. You get the one game, and if you have a next-gen console, then you get the next gen version.[/quote]

I claimed PS4 only back then coz i had no PS5, i thought since its Ultimate edition it will automatically upgrade me to PS5 version coz Remedy clearly said you are entitled for free upgrade if you own Ultimate edition but due to how Sony handles upgrade system im not entitled anymore coz i didn't add PS5 version to my library from PSN website or from PS5 lol

Listen How To GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Abey saale you didn't follow instructions properly and coming and doing rand rants here, Knowing how specific Sony is about everything and they do provide the details properly so you should have followed.. Anyway why you worried about control - you have your fancy 3060 laptop :P so play it on that with RT on :gunsmilie:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

Abey saale you didn't follow instructions properly and coming and doing rand rants here, Knowing how specific Sony is about everything and they do provide the details properly so you should have followed.. Anyway why you worried about control - you have your fancy 3060 laptop :P so play it on that with RT on :gunsmilie:

Where instructions given show me. There are threads about this on reddit.

Where it says on Control psn Plus page that you must own ps5 version or else you will not free upgrade lol.

People get fuked coz people dont call out Sony on their retarded upgrade system. Lol. Sony is like we will continue to fuk people over.

Edited by WhiteWolf

^^Yeah, and Control base game was free on Epic Store few months back iirc.

PC should run that better with DLSS than either console would.

Unless you didn't add the game to your library in Epic Store either :D

Edited by gecko89

2 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Where instructions given show me. There are threads about this on reddit 

Everyone knows here, In fact ppl who did not have PS5 in November 2020 kept adding games like BugSnax from the Web store so it was a common thing that didn't even needed any instructions.. I know you are talking specifically about Control but as PS differentiates PS4 and PS5 versions separately the right version should have been added..

3 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

Everyone knows here, In fact ppl who did not have PS5 in November 2020 kept adding games like BugSnax from the Web store so it was a common thing that didn't even needed any instructions.. I know you are talking specifically about Control but as PS differentiates PS4 and PS5 versions separately the right version should have been added..

Why its not written on store page. I have to log into shitty webstore and redeem each version manually? What year is this? Why cant i get access from console store lol.

Stop it man dont defend Sony. Lol. You know its shitty system. 

I didn't check PS5 thread much coz i had no intention of getting PS5 back then lol. I was just thought Remedy clearly said you entitled for upgrade with Ultimate edition, so i just added ultimate edition. 

Edited by WhiteWolf

1 minute ago, WhiteWolf said:

Why its not written on store page. I have to log into shitty webstore and redeem each version manually? What year is this? Why cant i get access from console store lol.

Stop it man dont defend Sony. Lol

You know its shitty system. 

why would they allow you to buy PS5 game from PS4 store ? :rofl: 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

why would they allow you to buy PS5 game from PS4 store ? :rofl: 

No i mean add Ultimate edition from PS4 then upgrade me to nextgen version when i login to PS5, since Control website clearly says you are entitled to get upgrade free even with plus version if you have ultimate edition in your library. 

You really expect avg consumer to go through all this nonsense plus they  don't  inform user even  on store page lol

Edited by WhiteWolf

3 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

I didn't check PS5 thread much coz i had no intention of getting PS5 back then lol. I was just thought Remedy clearly said you entitled for upgrade with Ultimate edition, so i just added ultimate edition. 

If you dislike the webstore, I suggest to get the PS app on your phone. All versions show up in app and you can add to your library.

Most of us do this.

5 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

Rant incoming-

Here more details on reddit there 

Reason its not working 

[QUOTE] 

2 hours ago, TRMNTR said:

56 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Gears 5 was free on Gold. You download it and upgrade for free.

Ultimate edition of Control gives you nextgen version free on Xbox even if you own just base Xbox one version. When you log into SX, it will pull SX version automatically. 

PS handles it separately. You have to manually add each version of Control to get nextgen version. Adding just ps4 version of Ultimate edition dont give you nextgen version 

So i had no PS5 back then, so i just added PS4 version of Ultimate edition and as per Remedy even the PSN plus version will let you upgrade to Nextgen version. So i thought great, i will just add it to my library and play it when i get PS5. Now i got my ps5 and it shows PS5 version for $39.99 and PS4 ultimate edition free lol.

56 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

55 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Where instructions given show me. There are threads about this on reddit.

Where it says on Control psn Plus page that you must own ps5 version or else you will not free upgrade lol.

People get fuked coz people dont call out Sony on their retarded upgrade system. Lol. Sony is like we will continue to fuk people over.

50 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

50 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

I wanted to try PS5 version as well lol

46 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

42 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

No i mean add Ultimate edition from PS4 then upgrade me to nextgen version when i login to PS5, since Control website clearly says you are entitled to get upgrade free even with plus version if you have ultimate edition in your library. 

You really expect avg consumer to go through all this nonsense plus they  don't  inform user even  on store page lol

From the Control website

Buy the digital PS4™ version of Control Ultimate Edition from PlayStation™Store and download the PS5™ version at no extra cost when it launches in late 2020.

Since you didnt buy it and didnt claim the PS5 version when it was given out, Sony doesnt owe you sh*t. Take your rant elsewhere

• Like 5