The Playstation 5 thread

19 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

It's Bloodborne remaster/remake by Bluepoint for PS5 100%

Bluepoint is taking its work to the next level according to them 

Next level would be a years old remake to be built from the drawing board. 
Bloodborne is not as old to be taken to the drawing board yet. 

Most like it will come but in a form of Remaster than a Remake & be done by one of the porting studios sone has acquired or has been working with closely. 

55 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

I think it is MGS reboot. 

Everything is pointing towards that. Licences about to be renewed, games getting pulled off digital stores etc. 

It could also be TLOU remake. 

31 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Maybe, a new ridge racer. Who knows. 

Not really a fan of it, i bought into the hype because how good ps3 launch ridge racer was show, when i was actually playing it, it was nothing special, ridge racer unbounded was good but i doubt sony will ever remake a multi plat ridge racer.

As it stand ridge racer can't compete with forza horizon if sony plan to fill the console exclusive arcade racer slot and even if some people hate motorstorm, it was a hellova fun experience playing it split screen and online than any other Sony arcade racer.

Don't want a simcade drive club as well, never want to have systematic breaking in my arcade racer, i just want my break button to make the turn or drift that's it. No horizon level BS of staying within the green line and all.

As good as horizon it can't ever call itself a arcade racer.

Sony fukin dissapointed me with a lack of ambition for a in house arcade racing game, they could still buy the entire three fields entertainment team and have a nearly OG burnout team at their disposal, WTF is sony doing. They have let down the arcade racing community time and again, motorstorm appocalyplse only sold less because it's plot of floods and earthquakes coinciding with 2011 japan tsunami.

Seriously i feel so gutted having lost motorstorm, it was one of the best gaming memories i had playing with friends and my cousin. Not even forza can reach that mostly because it's simcade and no split screen.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

Not really a fan of it, i bought into the hype because how good ps3 launch ridge racer was show, when i was actually playing it, it was nothing special, ridge racer unbounded was good but i doubt sony will ever remake a multi plat ridge racer.

As it stand ridge racer can't compete with forza horizon if sony plan to fill the console exclusive arcade racer slot and even if some people hate motorstorm, it was a hellova fun experience playing it split screen and online than any other Sony arcade racer.

Don't want a simcade drive club as well, never want to have systematic breaking in my arcade racer, i just want my break button to make the turn or drift that's it. No horizon level BS of staying within the green line and all.

As good as horizon it can't ever call itself a arcade racer.

Sony fukin dissapointed me with a lack of ambition for a in house arcade racing game, they could still buy the entire three fields entertainment team and have a nearly OG burnout team at their disposal, WTF is sony doing. They have let down the arcade racing community time and again, motorstorm appocalyplse only sold less because it's plot of floods and earthquakes coinciding with 2011 japan tsunami.

Seriously i feel so gutted having lost motorstorm, it was one of the best gaming memories i had playing with friends and my cousin. Not even forza can reach that mostly because it's simcade and no split screen.

My personal (favorite) arcade racer for 2021 is Cruisn blast. 

Want to get my hands on a physical asap. 

I also think the time is ripe for a new burnout game. 

Just now, playstationdude said:

That would be the stupidest remake/remaster across the decade, imo. Complete waste of devs time and efforts.

Well, stupid or not, it's already in development :P

It can be impactful if the remake is like Demon's souls (only a visual upgrade, everything else remains the same).

1 minute ago, radicaldude said:

My personal (favorite) arcade racer for 2021 is Cruisn blast

Want to get my hands on a physical asap. 

I also think the time is ripe for a new burnout game. 

This is the one where you drive a unicorn right, true arcade spirit but switch only. Plus very limited gameplay wise.

Burnout may not happen, criterion is not even progressing much with NFS 2022, also the majority of best criterion devs who worked on burnout like alex or andrew ward [ i forgot his name ] have left Criterion and EA.

That is why i said sony needs to buy the goldmine that is three fields entertainment, give them a serious budget and tell them to make a PS5 worthy AAA arcade racer.

We need an open world like burnout paradise and closed tracks with ample shortcuts like motorstorm. NFS heat showed it can be done, open world racing sucks, staying on the right path with crazy action and navigating tracks makes you take a wrong racebreaking turn, EA were dumb to make open world choose your own path kind of racers.

6 minutes ago, Vamos said:

It can be impactful if the remake is like Demon's souls (only a visual upgrade, everything else remains the same).

Enough with zombie games and shooter, sony is becoming another microsoft if they keep catering to the trashy demands of US audience, also the only reason people will get that is to have a 4K version of joel living.

13 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

That would be the stupidest remake/remaster across the decade, imo. Complete waste of devs time and efforts.

It'll show up just in time for the TV show

6 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

This is the one where you drive a unicorn right, true arcade spirit but switch only. Plus very limited gameplay wise.

Burnout may not happen, criterion is not even progressing much with NFS 2022, also the majority of best criterion devs who worked on burnout like alex or andrew ward [ i forgot his name ] have left Criterion and EA.

That is why i said sony needs to buy the goldmine that is three fields entertainment, give them a serious budget and tell them to make a PS5 worthy AAA arcade racer.

We need an open world like burnout paradise and closed tracks with ample shortcuts like motorstorm. NFS heat showed it can be done, open world racing sucks, staying on the right path with crazy action and navigating tracks makes you take a wrong racebreaking turn, EA were dumb to make open world choose your own path kind of racers.

Yeah open world racing gets boring, unless someone is heavy into simulators with the right setup. 

15 minutes ago, Vamos said:

There is no confirmation of any such development as of now. 
These kinda projects enter post production & are scrapped many times. 

If it’s a like for like remaster in new remake like assets & is packaged with TLOU2 for a PS5 launch then maybe it makes sense. 

Otherwise if it’s a ground up remake & Sony is making a capable team that can work on something new or a more required remake,then it is quite frankly the Stupidest thing to come out of Sony. 
So far it was The Order 1886,which in itself was an ok one time play. 

Sony don’t make such stupid decisions usually.

21 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Yeah open world racing gets boring, unless someone is heavy into simulators with the right setup

When you play open world racers online out of 8 racers it's the same 2-3 who can actually navigate properly rest of us usually don't understand the route and take a turn instead of a haipin turn and go off road and lose to come 6th or so.

Like you said, though none of these people will play a pure arcade game with such a setup. Also don't get why sim racers exist, if anyone wants to experience speedless driving, just go for a drive anywhere in most cities across the world.

GT7 will waste 2 years at least of ever getting a 1st party arcade racer.