The Playstation 5 thread

6 hours ago, Walker said:

:roflroll:

Sure let me just grab the keys to my McLaren, put it on a flight to the Green Hell.

You can always drive that in horizon or test drive etc. There is no need of boring f1 track racing with supercars. I wouldn't be saying this if sony had a arcade racer to go along with GT7, since PS4 was released sony now made 3 sim racers DC Simcade sh*t, GTS, GT7. Of course the arcade crowd will hate that. Sony's last arcade racer was motorstorm apocalypse 10 yrs back in 2011. Just wish GT7 flops like DC and GTS. Last actual good quality arcade racer was burnout paradise. Crash team racing nitro fueled is amazing but with real cars there is nothing like the pre-2010 era.

We who enjoy arcade racers have been left in a desert for 10+ years, you people just buy a racing game to gloat about your hardware, most sim racers are made to show off consoles, most people who buy a sim racer don't even complete it halfway.

You can decide if you want to drive a supercar on useless sim F1 Tracks or go drive them on tracks and scenary like in Horizon, hot pursuit, test drive like environments. Had to mention only these games as you seem to be less interested in driving and more into admiring the look of the car. In which case just start using garage in forza horizon.

Edited by NitroNeo

14 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

You can always drive that in horizon or test drive etc. There is no need of boring f1 track racing with supercars. I wouldn't be saying this if sony had a arcade racer to go along with GT7, since PS4 was released sony now made 3 sim racers DC Simcade sh*t, GTS, GT7. Of course the sim crowd will hate that. Sony's last arcade racer was motorstorm apocalypse 10 yrs back in 2011. Just wish GT7 flops like DC and GTS.

Shows how much you know. GTS still kicks a*s. Just because you don't like a type of game doesn't mean we all suck at them. And yes I enjoy arcade games as much as the next guy. No I don't pull out my rig for an arcade game, but I do for a sim.

Next you'll say you suck at using the DS so bring back the DS1. Are you for real?

1 hour ago, NitroNeo said:

We who enjoy arcade racers have been left in a desert for 10+ years, you people just buy a racing game to gloat about your hardware, most sim racers are made to show off consoles, most people who buy a sim racer don't even complete it halfway.

Whoa I just re-read this pile of absolute dog sh*t. Dude you have a chip on your shoulder for no sane reason. No most people who buy sim racers don't do it to gloat about hardware. There are people who buy all types of games and don't complete it even halfway. YOU seem to be projecting your own bs on the rest of us.

Come back with a sane argument rather than "you people just buy a racing game to gloat about your hardware".

Gloat about your hardware indeed. Sounds like something YOU might do.

44 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Flop like GTS? With around 10 mill units sold. I think every publisher would take a flop like this anyday. 

Technically flopped compared to any past GT games. In terms of both critic and user ratings. People just buy sim racers because they are hyped so much for console launches.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/gran-turismo-sport

3 minutes ago, Walker said:

Whoa I just re-read this pile of absolute dog sh*t. Dude you have a chip on your shoulder for no sane reason. No most people who buy sim racers don't do it to gloat about hardware. There are people who buy all types of games and don't complete it even halfway. YOU seem to be projecting your own bs on the rest of us.

Come back with a sane argument rather than "you people just buy a racing game to gloat about your hardware".

Gloat about your hardware indeed. Sounds like something YOU might do.

That you wasn't directed at IVG crowd, it is a general you directed at most gamers who buy into hype. It's a known fact companies use racing games to show off the graphical prowess of their console. People hype so much about GT series, but where are the same people when it comes to project cars, Assetto Corsa ? They hardly play that compared to GT and FM.

Lack of focus on arcade racers is annoying but seeing how people are absolutely fine with not getting a top tier arcade racer and are now settled to calling a simcade like forza horizon the best arcade racer is shocking.

Here. An actual dedicated site for all things racing, sim or otherwise. Here's a link to get you started https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/

FH is as arcade or as simlike as you like. DC is simcade for sure. 

Here's a few arcade games should you need to scratch that itch

• Wreckfest
  • The Crew 1 & 2
  • Forza Horizon 4 and now 5
  • Burnout Paradise Remastered
  • Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled
  • Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Remastered
  • Inertial Drift

• TrackMania Turbo

21 minutes ago, Walker said:

• Wreckfest
  • The Crew 1 & 2
  • Inertial Drift

• TrackMania Turbo

Reading this list makes me wish for a new Re-Volt and Twisted Metal

Edited by CtrlAltDev93

16 hours ago, NitroNeo said:

When you play open world racers online out of 8 racers it's the same 2-3 who can actually navigate properly rest of us usually don't understand the route and take a turn instead of a haipin turn and go off road and lose to come 6th or so.

Like you said, though none of these people will play a pure arcade game with such a setup. Also don't get why sim racers exist, if anyone wants to experience speedless driving, just go for a drive anywhere in most cities across the world.

GT7 will waste 2 years at least of ever getting a 1st party arcade racer.

8 hours ago, NitroNeo said:

You can always drive that in horizon or test drive etc. There is no need of boring f1 track racing with supercars. I wouldn't be saying this if sony had a arcade racer to go along with GT7, since PS4 was released sony now made 3 sim racers DC Simcade sh*t, GTS, GT7. Of course the arcade crowd will hate that. Sony's last arcade racer was motorstorm apocalypse 10 yrs back in 2011. Just wish GT7 flops like DC and GTS. Last actual good quality arcade racer was burnout paradise. Crash team racing nitro fueled is amazing but with real cars there is nothing like the pre-2010 era.

You can decide if you want to drive a supercar on useless sim F1 Tracks or go drive them on tracks and scenary like in Horizon, hot pursuit, test drive like environments. Had to mention only these games as you seem to be less interested in driving and more into admiring the look of the car. In which case just start using garage in forza horizon.

6 hours ago, NitroNeo said:

Technically flopped compared to any past GT games. In terms of both critic and user ratings. People just buy sim racers because they are hyped so much for console launches.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/gran-turismo-sport

6 hours ago, NitroNeo said:

That you wasn't directed at IVG crowd, it is a general you directed at most gamers who buy into hype. It's a known fact companies use racing games to show off the graphical prowess of their console. People hype so much about GT series, but where are the same people when it comes to project cars, Assetto Corsa ? They hardly play that compared to GT and FM.

Lack of focus on arcade racers is annoying but seeing how people are absolutely fine with not getting a top tier arcade racer and are now settled to calling a simcade like forza horizon the best arcade racer is shocking.

Mr Rogers Clown GIF

keep up the funny rants, I’ll hand something to read when I’m bored of work. 

I’ll just go back to enjoying FH5

Here. An actual dedicated site for all things racing, sim or otherwise. Here's a link to get you started https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/

FH is as arcade or as simlike as you like. DC is simcade for sure. 

• Wreckfest
  • The Crew 1 & 2
  • Inertial Drift
  • TrackMania Turbo

Completed CTR NF with Plat. Both those remasters have no appeal. Already completed burnout paradise 3 times at least. As for as NFS HPR same played the OG.

Trackmania turbo is just playing with ghosts of times set by other people so not actual fun like street racers with bot or human opponents.

This lists does prove my point for past 10 years there have been no arcade racers.

2000-2010 decade

Crash nitro kart
Burnout 3, revenge, dominator, paradise
NFS HP2, U,U2, MW, Carbon, Undercover
SSX On tour and maybe other SSX games.
Motorstorm, MS Pacific rift
PGR3
PGR4 seemed simcade.
Split Second
Blur

I'm sure there will be tons of more arcade racers in that decade.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Racing on the whole is not a mainstream genre. There's FH which according to you is simcade. There's crew which you haven't played, there's Grip which again I highly doubt you've played. There's track mania which according to you is not actual fun. There have been 4 NFS games in the last 10 years which I'm sure you'll say are not the right kind of arcade. 

And yet you want games that other people play to fail just so developers can release games that you will find don't meet your standards of arcade?

• Like 1