Jump to content

The Playstation 5 thread


Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

Yeah. The copying of the updates is a pain. I mean, there are times when it takes a longer time than it does to download the file. Very irritating.

 

What is it copying? And to where? And why in the world does copying take so long?

 

This is what I was talking about:

 

 

No audio. No time-lapse is intentional.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, VelivolusDas said:

 

This is what I was talking about:

 

 

No audio. No time-lapse is intentional.

Lol looks like they just carried forward the same old issues from the PS4. Smh.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

 

This is what I was talking about 

 

3 hours ago, Walker said:

Lol looks like they just carried forward the same old issues from the PS4. Smh.


Yep, when Cerny did that presentation he said the patch will squeeze inside the game file than creating a whole patched version of the file again. but we cannot vouch this for third party games and they might need still following PS4 route.. 

 

I am not 100% sure but remember Returnal patches were quick though.. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

 

This is what I was talking about:

 

 

No audio. No time-lapse is intentional.

 

The actual download is independent from the patch being applied to the file. The download size can be a few megabytes but the patch itself has to modify certain individual local files (or all of them) and redo the whole thing. The copying process does exactly that; it patches the full file structure. I have had patches for Monster Hunter World that were merely 450MB and it would take half an hour to finish the copying process. Depends on the game and the patching that needs to be done. For instance, the recent 1.31 patch for Cyberpunk was around 25GB or so and once it downloaded, there was no copying process for it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dylanjosh said:

Can you at least put that in the background and do other stuff or do you need to stay on that screen ? 

 

Oh yes. Of course.

 

However, if at all I would've clicked the FIFA 21 icon on the home screen to play the game (during the copying process), then it would ask me to wait until the process is complete.

 

49 minutes ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

 

The actual download is independent from the patch being applied to the file. The download size can be a few megabytes but the patch itself has to modify certain individual local files (or all of them) and redo the whole thing. The copying process does exactly that; it patches the full file structure. I have had patches for Monster Hunter World that were merely 450MB and it would take half an hour to finish the copying process. Depends on the game and the patching that needs to be done. For instance, the recent 1.31 patch for Cyberpunk was around 25GB or so and once it downloaded, there was no copying process for it. 

 

Hmmm. This makes sense. Follow-up question, out of pure curiosity: But then, how is it that on the PC (I have limited experience of PC gaming and what I'm saying is based on my experience from a few years ago), it generally didn't take this long? I believe it would totally depend on a  game-to-game basis.

 

And what about Xbox consoles (especially the newer ones, I have never had an Xbox so dunno): Do they also take long to copy the updates?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, VelivolusDas said:

Hmmm. This makes sense. Follow-up question, out of pure curiosity: But then, how is it that on the PC (I have limited experience of PC gaming and what I'm saying is based on my experience from a few years ago), it generally didn't take this long? I believe it would totally depend on a  game-to-game basis.

 

And what about Xbox consoles (especially the newer ones, I have never had an Xbox so dunno): Do they also take long to copy the updates?

 

It's the same on PC as well and depends entirely on the game and the nature of the patch. One of Cyberpunk's hotfix released was pretty small in size yet took a long time on GoG client to update the game. Found a screen-cap of Path of Exile patch being just 41.6MB and showing over an hour to install:

 

We0mG09.jpeg

 

As for the Xbox, I haven't noticed the patching process itself as the download speed itself is so slow that it's hard for me to know what's being downloaded and what's being copied. Usually, I just let it run in the background and wait for it to complete. I have seen it's system firmware updates having downloaded quickly, but having a copying process that takes some time, unlike the PS5 where it takes a mere minute or two to install system updates. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

 

This is what I was talking about:

 

 

No audio. No time-lapse is intentional.

From what I noticed, smaller patches like these always get copied like this and take a long time. 
To avoid this, they have to increase the size of the download - which means they need to spend extra on servers. 

Sony says it is to avoid file corruption… that is BS. 
This is done only to save some money on servers. 
 

Most of the updates above 5 GB always take 5-10 seconds to update. 

Edited by Vamos
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, VelivolusDas said:

 

Oh yes. Of course.

 

However, if at all I would've clicked the FIFA 21 icon on the home screen to play the game (during the copying process), then it would ask me to wait until the process is complete.

 

 

Hmmm. This makes sense. Follow-up question, out of pure curiosity: But then, how is it that on the PC (I have limited experience of PC gaming and what I'm saying is based on my experience from a few years ago), it generally didn't take this long? I believe it would totally depend on a  game-to-game basis.

 

And what about Xbox consoles (especially the newer ones, I have never had an Xbox so dunno): Do they also take long to copy the updates?

Xbox consoles dont copy,game ready moment download finished. Even 360 never had this copy after download issue. Its only PS related issue. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, WhiteWolf said:

Kena PS5 enhanced or Just PS4 Pro BC version?  Store page says Pro enhanced only.

 

It's a proper PS5 port. Buying the game entitles you to both versions (PS4 + PS5). That maybe the reason why it says PS4 Pro Enhanced (since it's picking up the PS4 listing by default).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, VelivolusDas said:

 

It's a proper PS5 port. Buying the game entitles you to both versions (PS4 + PS5). That maybe the reason why it says PS4 Pro Enhanced (since it's picking up the PS4 listing by default).

Ah ok

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, WhiteWolf said:

Source? Store page says Pro only 

 

Don't ask me source, Believe in what I say :devil:

 

Lulz, even I just saw.. looks like PS5 will have some features but not too much as firstly its not a GFX heavy game.. Its ORI in 3D for me 

 

Demon Souls khel mard ki tharah, kya Spiderman khel raha hai..

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

 

Don't ask me source, Believe in what I say :devil:

 

Lulz, even I just saw.. looks like PS5 will have some features but not too much as firstly its not a GFX heavy game.. Its ORI in 3D for me 

 

Demon Souls khel mard ki tharah, kya Spiderman khel raha hai..

No demon or Returnal -_-

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...