The Playstation 5 thread

1 minute ago, NitroNeo said:

One console per household is a policy. Which has been practiced by sony outside. Multiple products use such policies to curb black marketing.

I am surprised people are going at length here to defend sony even if they are practicing things that encourage scalping and black marketing in india.

I am surprised to see the tiers of users trying to cover it up.

I thought as a community we could unite and stand up against it with our collective power but to no avail i guess.

There is no law like that anywhere as per my knowledge.  Nothing you can enforce at least .

Sony is selling Millions of console - you are saying that they should do/are doing background check of each n every end user as to whether they are from same family or whether they are scalpers ??

Guys, my PS5 is faulty. It's not doing stuff Sony never said it would.
So I woke up today and the console had the gall to just sit there and not make a f**king cup of tea. Man, f**k Sony!! 
I get it bro if such dedicated PS owners are trying to play off a serious black marketing racket sony has helped establish then legit users who wanted to unite and stand up against scalping I'm sorry.

I couldn't help us as i imagines it. Too many users here promoting practices that shouldn't be encouraged by the user.

Just remember people like these are the reason why you legit folks will never be able to get a PS5 for a fair price anytime soon. Not because they are scalping but becauae out of fear of heard mentality they don't want to discuss the scalping stuff we should be fighting against as a united gaming community.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

How is it promotion of black marketing ? 

How can they legally stop people from buying consoles for their family members ? 

How the f**k is it cheating by Sony ? People are gaming the system, just like they would with anything in short supply. 

Well I wouldn’t go on to the extent of calling it a “promotion to black marketing”

But giving out 4-5 PS5’s to the same person using same card is quite frankly stupid & obvious on the face value as to what he/she is doing. 

If it did really happen then the retailer is either stupid or a part of it. 

As for Sony,they don’t really own every single retail unit of Sony World/Centre. 
The owner is usually the one running the store & Sony is just a supply partner to it. 
Kinda like revenue sharing thing. 

So these owners do a lot of these black marketing & get away by saying there is no policy to stop ppl from buying. 

3 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

One console per household is a policy. Which has been practiced by sony outside. Multiple products use such policies to curb black marketing.

Good luck enforcing that ANYWHERE ! :lol:

Best Buy now wants you to buy their new membership or whatever to push you at the top of buying a PS5 or Switch OLED. So yeah, nothing you can do anything about it. 

I doubt any radiator retailer gives a sh*t. 

There is no law like that anywhere as per my knowledge.  Nothing you can enforce at least .
Sony is selling Millions of console - you are saying that they should do/are doing background check of each n every end user as to whether they are from same family or whether they are scalpers ??

One console per household is one product per one address buddy.

Well I wouldn’t go on to the extent of calling it a “promotion to black marketing”

But giving out 4-5 PS5’s to the same person using same card is quite frankly stupid & obvious on the face value as to what he/she is doing. 

As for Sony,they don’t really own every single retail unit of Sony World/Centre. 
The owner is usually the one running the store & Sony is just a supply partner to it. 

So these owners do a lot of these black marketing & get away by saying there is no policy to stop ppl from buying. 
The owner was pressurized by sony policy of giving it any paying customers without any fraud checks like same card, same address, same person etc. The store is from a very very reputed mall in mumbai. And i take his word because he felt genuine. I am really interested in buying so i offered to take a bundle as long as it was a sensible one but he kept to the policy that now sony only accepts online orders. But still sony did not control the same address matter i guess. Let's see how the next restock goes.

Come on people i have been trying to buy since the restock after February and frankly this is getting out of hand. I have been a PS gamer since PS1 and company is prioritizing scalpers over legit PS loyals.

I get it bro if such dedicated PS owners are trying to play off a serious black marketing racket sony has helped establish then legit users who wanted to unite and stand up against scalping I'm sorry.

I couldn't help us as i imagines it. Too many users here promoting practices that shouldn't be encouraged by the user.

Just remember people like these are the reason why you legit folks will never be able to get a PS5 for a fair price anytime soon. Not because they are scalping but becauae out of fear of heard mentality they don't want to discuss the scalping stuff we should be fighting against as a united gaming community.

OH MY f**king GOD ! 

I, alongwith a f**kton of users on the forum have bought PS5 at MRP. No extra payment. Drops will be less due to supply issues. You've to be smart, use telegram bots etc. 

No one is "defending" Sony, but such policies are not enforceable. No retailer can do those checks. No one will be bothered. Sony cannot do sh*t. That's the truth. 

5 minutes ago, AnK said:

Yes. 

Sony is supplying the hardware. Retailer is selling it. Just like how you buy atta, dal, chawal or anything else. Seller cannot stop anyone from buying. You can buy 1 or 100. There is no legal case here. 

Is it leading to black marketing ? Yes. Has any of the Sony rule of 1 PS5 per household stopped scalping any where else in the globe ? No. 

What can you do about it ? Don't buy from scalpers. Don't be so desperate. It's just a console. 

Join bot groups. Be smart, be quick in adding whenever drops come. 

And again, don't buy from scalpers. As long as people will keep on buying, they will keep on scalping. 

2 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

company is prioritizing scalpers over legit PS loyals.

This is a far fetched & baseless statement. 

You in your own words said they have restricted sales to online,why we they do that if they supported scalpers. 

Every single unit lying around in a scalper’s possession is a direct loss to console manufacturer. 
As they make money on software much more than hardware. 

The Scalped amount is not profiting them in anyway. 

Good luck enforcing that ANYWHERE ! [emoji38]

Best Buy now wants you to buy their new membership or whatever to push you at the top of buying a PS5 or Switch OLED. So yeah, nothing you can do anything about it. 
I doubt any radiator retailer gives a sh*t. 

Faith in humanity lost. I guess if india can black oxygen for patients i shouldn't have expected much from a corporate company like sony. My bad for trusting their humanity in pandemic times. I thought they'd care for people who no one knows rhe certainty of their life in pandemic. People of all ages are suffering. At least i felt the company would be humane enough.

Thanks guys for bringing my experiences in check. Sad to see things turn out this way. When people should be working together for the betterment of society in consumer or humanity sense. The priority has become rob and roll. Noice.

• Like 1

Faith in humanity lost. I guess if india can black oxygen for patients i shouldn't have expected much from a corporate company like sony. My bad for trusting their humanity in pandemic times. I thought they'd care for people who no one knows rhe certainty of their life in pandemic. People of all ages are suffering. At least i felt the company would be humane enough.

Thanks guys for bringing my experiences in check. Sad to see things turn out this way. When people should be working together for the betterment of society in consumer or humanity sense. The priority has become rob and roll. Noice.

Dude, it's just a console. A gaming console. :ko:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

One console per household is one product per one address buddy.

So you mean they should check address . Even those will be In millions. 

Also I definitely don't think Sony doesn't care about black marketing stuff - they also lose out when genuine buyers (who will buy games and other services) are not able to get their hands on the new consoles they want . 

Many don't buy at inflationary prices hence scalpers almost always seem to have units to sell even though PS5 get sold out within minutes . And many genuine buyers get tired of waiting and may end buying other console or drop the plan altogether . 

All this leads to significant loss of potential revenue from software sales for Sony. (The only which actually makes them money - console sales as we all know hardly make any profit)

But Sony have no control over who is buying their console (whether online / offline ) and what's their end use . 

So they can't do anything about it . Even if they enforce this rule of one PS5 per address - scalpers will find a way to get around it . 

This is a far fetched & baseless statement. 

You in your own words said they have restricted sales to online,why we they do that if they supported scalpers. 

Every single unit lying around in a scalper’s possession is a direct loss to console manufacturer. 
As they make money on software much more than hardware. 

The Scalped amount is not profiting them in anyway. 
But even though it's online. They have not limited one per adress policy. It's really easy to impose if someone wants to. I buy figurines from Japanese websites and they have this policy in full effect. No one can scalp those if the user is using the same address or card.

So you mean they should check address . Even those will be In millions. 
Also I definitely don't think Sony doesn't care about black marketing stuff - they also lose out when genuine buyers (who will buy games and other services) are not able to get their hands on the new consoles they want . 
Many don't buy at inflationary prices hence scalpers almost always seem to have units to sell even though PS5 get sold out within minutes . And many genuine buyers get tired of waiting and may end buying other console or drop the plan altogether . 
All this leads to significant loss of potential revenue from software sales for Sony. (The only which actually makes them money - console sales as we all know hardly make any profit)

But Sony have no control over who is buying their console (whether online / offline ) and what's their end use . 
So they can't do anything about it . Even if they enforce this rule of one PS5 per address - scalpers will find a way to get around it . 

This is wishful thinking. Check youtubers covering these scams. There are many users who contact scalpers and buy the consoles for a outrageous price. Sony gets its consoles sold.

And sony know they have a free run in our market. Hardly anyone goes for their rivals. They will always have sales.

It's only us long time ganers who are at a loss.

But even though it's online. They have not limited one per adress policy. It's really easy to impose if someone wants to.

How is that really in Sony’s hands. 

They have no say in how online retailers run their business. 
Just like they have no say or a watchful eye on what walk-in retail chains are doing. 

You can’t expect Sony or even M$ to be policing everyone. 

Though you should understand the simple fact that all the unsold black inventory lying around is as much big loss to them as it is to the end user looking for MRP purchase. 

Dude, it's just a console. A gaming console. :ko:
It's been one year. Watching new games and advanced ps5 functionality takes it toll. Plus you know the next horizon will run like crap and look aweful compared to ps5. So naturally you want the best hardware to run it.

8 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

But even though it's online. They have not limited one per adress policy. It's really easy to impose if someone wants to. I buy figurines from Japanese websites and they have this policy in full effect. No one can scalp those if the user is using the same address or card.

I stay at a rented place. House owner stays at the same place, a floor up. Our addresses are the same, save Ground Floor or first floor. 

By your logic, if I buy a console at my address, the house owner cannot. Same address. 

Can you comprehend the absurdity of logic with such a rule ?

How is that really in Sony’s hands. 

They have no say in how online retailers run their business. 
Just like they have no say or a watchful eye on what walk-in retail chains are doing. 

You can’t expect Sony or even M$ to be policing everyone. 

Though you should understand the simple fact that all the unsold black inventory lying around is as much big loss to them as it is to the end user looking for MRP purchase. 
They can enforce the one console per address policy at least at shopatsc and sony center but they don't. Also you should talk with these shop people. Most of them have the sane thing to say like users covering this scam. People are still buying from scalpers at large so that is why it's happening.

It's just become a chain now which won't break as long as the cpmpany don't see losses. Real losers are us trying to get a ps5 like idoits at each restock. Which now don't even take place at the given 12pm time and even start as early as 11.40am like last time on i think it was flipkart. I'm sure lots of bots enjoyed that restock while i took the word of these companies and waited like a innocent kid till the worded time 12pm.

cc9.gif

While they're at it, Sony should request the govt to delist it from under luxury items, so taxes are less. Or even better remove taxes entirely, best yet deductions for OBC and SCST.

After all its for the betterment of humanity.

Sarcasm aside, it's really not that difficult to get one for MRP. Me and over hundred other in IVG got it day 1, and many more got it in subsequent stock refills. Only way to stop scalping is to not buy from scalpers, as long as people pay scalper rates, it will continue. It's a gaming console that doesn't sell like it does in other nations, enforcing one per household per not feasible, even if it was, it's not worth the effort. 

• Haha 4

I stay at a rented place. House owner stays at the same place, a floor up. Our addresses are the same, save Ground Floor or first floor. 
By your logic, if I buy a console at my address, the house owner cannot. Same address. 
Can you comprehend the absurdity of logic with such a rule ?
The manager clearliy stated over the call company doesn't care if the address is same and 4-5 people with sane surname are buying it. As a manager he even knew it was gonna be scalped but still company tells then to switch off their brain from deciding right from wrong and just sell it as long as the company gets MRP payment for each console.