The Playstation 5 thread

Got a call from my local Lulu Hypermarket that they had a piece in stock. It was a PS5 Demons Souls bundle for 54k and I immediately placed the order. 

Apparently they get stock one at a time and they go through a waiting list calling each customer. These consoles do not even make the shop inventory before they get sold.

I had requested them to call me about a month ago. So the waiting period wasn't that long. They had called me earlier for the digital version for 40k which I declined.

My suggestion is to hit up your local electronics retailer and request them to give you a call if they get a piece in stock.

Edited by Nikushimi

33 minutes ago, Nikushimi said:

Got a call from my local Lulu Hypermarket that they had a piece in stock. It was a PS5 Demons Souls bundle for 54k and I immediately placed the order. 

Apparently they get stock one at a time and they go through a waiting list calling each customer. These consoles do not even make the shop inventory before they get sold.

I had requested them to call me about a month ago. So the waiting period wasn't that long. They had called me earlier for the digital version for 40k which I declined.

My suggestion is to hit up your local electronics retailer and request them to give you a call if they get a piece in stock.

This is easiest way to get one.

People aren't looking at right places.

Forget reliance digital, chroma etc. Look at other retailers. 

Every city is different and have few retailers that get the system without everyone knowing about it.

2 minutes ago, Nikushimi said:

The scenario where you can just visit a shop or a website and see PS5 stock lying around to make a purchase isn't going to happen any time soon.

Making connections with your local retailers is the best way to get one.

Or bots (ones that don’t save payment details) if you can keep track of the drop dates

58 minutes ago, Nikushimi said:

Making connections with your local retailers is the best way to get one.

Also anyone calling himself a good human being/citizen should support these retailers as they are risking it all going against Sony's encouragement and promotion of black marketing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Bauji said:

Also anyone calling himself a good human being/citizen should support these retailers as they are risking it all going against Sony's encouragement and promotion of black marketing.

EjsW.gif

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Bauji said:

Don't think Sony will do anything to them. Sony also depends on these guys to get rid of the old Demon's Souls/Miles Morales/Returnal etc. stocks. Many times these 3rd parties are also sellers on Amazon for these software.

But yup, building connections is not bad. You can't call it "Black Marketing" when these guys are selling 1-2 units to regular customers, who will also buy software later down the line - rather than random scalpers.

52 minutes ago, roun90 said:

But yup, building connections is not bad. You can't call it "Black Marketing" when these guys are selling 1-2 units to regular customers, who will also buy software later down the line - rather than random scalpers.

Yes. You. Can. They should sell only 1 unit per customer. Anything more than one unit per household is against the laws of nature. How can you even support this inhuman behaviour is beyond me :ranting:

16 minutes ago, Walker said:

Yes. You. Can. They should sell only 1 unit per customer. Anything more than one unit per household is against the laws of nature. How can you even support this inhuman behaviour is beyond me :ranting:

When did I say a lot of units to 1 customer? I said "Keeping 1-2 units for their regular customers". There can be more than 1 regular customer per shop, and they are also not necessarily related to each other.

Far better than Amazon/Chroma etc al. where botting itself will give to scalpers. or even "First Come First Serve" where scalpers will bring all their extended relations.

Edited by roun90

1 minute ago, roun90 said:

When did I say a lot of units to 1 customer? I said "Keeping 1-2 units for their regular customers". There can be more than 1 regular customer per shop, and they are also not necessarily related to each other.

Far better than Amazon/Chroma etc al. where betting itself will give to scalpers.

Only 1. 2 is black marketing. Way to support this travesty. Tch tch.

2 minutes ago, Walker said:

Only 1. 2 is black marketing. Way to support this travesty. Tch tch.

Did you or anyone here ever buy a console for brothers/sisters/cousins/any type of relatives at all? What about people here who bought multiple units to sell it at MRP right here (I know there are such people here. They posted about it when stocks dropped)

Then they will also come under your definition of "Black Marketing"

1 hour ago, roun90 said:

Don't think Sony will do anything to them.

But arent they keeping track of -

every shop

in every city/gali/mohalla

in every country around the world...especially India

and then each customer they are selling a PS5 too.

So they will definitely take action :roflroll:

Spoiler

Sorry for OT, last one from my side. This topic was too good to resist :D