The Playstation 5 thread

22 hours ago, SuperT said:

I'd say give it a few hrs. and it might just change your life, it's that good. Exaggerations aside its a brilliant game and you should give it another go it might click this time- pls. play the Royal version no point playing the base game anymore now that Royal exists with so many improvements and more chars. and story. 

I haven't played this series at all. Have the free base version but it's not worth spending time on it ? I mean, should I drop it and get started the Royal version only when available on sale (not currently, its Rs 3499) 

though this is a repost, those who think resistance is a dead franchise might get shocked soon. 

Ps5 is the system to bring back shooters with improved haptics and performance. The dualsense improves the experience significantly! 

Won't be surprised if sony decides to bring back/ create new first person franchises to counter other shooters. 

Maybe they'll experiment with f2p PvP styled shooters as well. Their ps5 install base is already getting bigger (as we speak) so if they nail the mechanics, shooters on the ps5 would get extremely popular. 

Ps- now they have the PC platform to explore as well. I'm pretty sure they are presently developing a shooter. 

28 minutes ago, Channu said:

I haven't played this series at all. Have the free base version but it's not worth spending time on it ? I mean, should I drop it and get started the Royal version only when available on sale (not currently, its Rs 3499) 

It was around Rs. 1300 just a few days ago on PSN, it keeps coming on sale often. The game is brilliant, if you go with the base version you will miss out on some extra chars., quality of life improvements, better visuals and a ton of extra content and 15-20 hrs of extra story. Also, if you like going for platinum trophies the Royal version platinum trophy is easy and can be completed in one single play through. I'd say try the base game for a couple of hrs. and see if you really like it - if you do wait for a sale and get the Royal version at Rs. 1300 it's a steal. Be ready to take out at least 100-150 hrs for this game its huge but honestly it's 100% worth it. 

Edited by SuperT
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, radicaldude said:

Sony gives full freedom to its developers to innovate. The result- we get games like returnal. 

Also, if someone thinks the new god of war is just like the old one, he/she doesn't know the difference between remake/reboot and a new iteration of the same old game. 

Its akin to considering doom 2016 as doom 4, just an extension to doom 3 that launched way back in 2004. 

Ps- it's funny how some get excited by reboots from other companies, but when Nintendo/sony re-boot a franchise, they lose their minds. 

I am losing my mind as you why sony is making a last of us reboot .who the f**k asked for it?

Edited by triggr happy ss

16 hours ago, KnackChap said:

Sully with moustache :wOOtjumpy:

They should have just let allan ungar finish the film along with Nathan Fillion. That short 10 minute fan film was everything that uncharted should be. It felt right you know...You could tell the creators and the actors played and "got" the vibe of the game. Plus the director would have made this film in a fraction of the budget. These studios try to make a video game film for everyone except the fans of the game, and it usually just ends in a disaster, the trailer for this uncharted wasnt all that impressive tbh.

1 hour ago, triggr happy ss said:

I am losing my mind as you why sony is making a last of us reboot .who the f**k asked for it?

We don’t even know what it is. 

I’d recommend you lose your mind over things that are visible. 

Or you have literally trained yourself to envision everything unseen :giggle: 

Edited by AnK
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, triggr happy ss said:

Last I checked it was a remake, not a reboot, and it hasn't been officially announced either. A bit silly to lose your kind over that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, triggr happy ss said:

Launch it with/close to the TV show, print money

24 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

Thats even worse :rofl:

How is it worse?

Had it been a reboot, it would mess with what's already established in 2 games.

I agree a remake is just a cash grab, but most of us will be ignoring it anyway.

There are better things over which to lose your mind over :)

Edited by gecko89

2 hours ago, triggr happy ss said:

It's not a reboot. It's a remake. 

The core structure of the gameplay, combat mechanics, enemy patrols, etc will be the same.

There will only be a visual upgrade which I think is long overdue. This is a PS3 game and it can always use better reflections, shadows, etc. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

It was already rebuilt in the uodated engine on ps4. Doesn't need a remake but I guess it is what it is. 

Personally I think resources ar ebetter used on a new game than wasting time on remaking a game that not very old at all and ages decent enough. 

Yup, the PS4 pro enhanced version is very good and the visuals didn't age at all. 

But after looking at how gorgeous Demon’s souls is on PS5, it’s always a welcome upgrade.