The Playstation 5 thread

Why would a retailer like Amazon buy individual units from scalpers?

And yes this time the stock was low but most probably it’s because here the main festival is Diwali ( at which time there were ample stocks). It makes sense for Sony to provide more units to US & Europe this time of the year.

1 minute ago, blitzkreiig said:

And yes this time the stock was low but most probably it’s because here the main festival is Diwali ( at which time there were ample stocks). It makes sense for Sony to provide more units to US & Europe this time of the year.

It's not like they are selling 1000 series anywhere now, only 1100A Worldwide but don't you find it strange even for low stocks to be of 1000 series

1 minute ago, NitroNeo said:

It's not like they are selling 1000 series anywhere now, only 1100A Worldwide but don't you find it strange even for low stocks to be of 1000 series

Maybe we’re just delayed in the scheme of Sony things. Even the launch was delayed here. 

Also this is unrelated but who is buying these scalped consoles. All my friends/cousins are like MRP or nothing. 50k is already too high.

30 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

How can you look at the ground situation and say scalpers are not able to clear stock? People are literally buying forced bundles and scalped units hand over fist. 

25 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

Scalpers just bought today the ps5 they gave back to the retailer and now are selling for 57-58k . Did i say it right ?:roflroll:

9 minutes ago, blitzkreiig said:

Maybe we’re just delayed in the scheme of Sony things. Even the launch was delayed here. 

Also this is unrelated but who is buying these scalped consoles. All my friends/cousins are like MRP or nothing. 50k is already too high.

Well the guys above your quote don't think so.

Even if we were delayed still doesn't explain me getting oct 2021 import and you getting july 2021 import even though we both ordered on dec 06 restock, so the stock should technically be of the same batch.

Just now, rushaboswal said:

Dude il add you to atleast 3 groups where quoted price is 58k and atleast 8 got sold today . You're out of touch with reality.

Why not quote @blitzkreiig instead of targeting just me, he has known people who are MRP or nothing. If you join scalper only group you will only see scalping and people being scalped , there are people who have piles of cash to throw and buy it, doesn't mean common people do it,  general consensus on channels like brostation, benconsolegamer with 3k viewers on livestream, majority was should i buy series x instead of rarity ps5, at least they have good amount of stocks.

Hypothetically if a Sony Center offered to sell me a unit that a scalper was selling I would have bought it just to know the scalpers name from the bill and then alerted the authorities. At least that's what I believe we all should be doing in such a case. #humansofplaystation

8 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

Dude il add you to atleast 3 groups where quoted price is 58k and atleast 8 got sold today . You're out of touch with reality.

And the truth will set you free. I KNEW IT!!!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

Why not quote @blitzkreiig instead of targeting just me, he has known people who are MRP or nothing. If you join scalper only group you will only see scalping and people being scalped , there are people who have piles of cash to throw and buy it, doesn't mean common people do it,  general consensus on channels like brostation, benconsolegamer with 3k viewers on livestream, majority was should i buy series x instead of rarity ps5, at least they have good amount of stocks.

This is completely different from what you're trying to explain so long. Nevermind my mistake.

2 minutes ago, Walker said:

And the truth will set you free. I KNEW IT!!!

You want one ? XD 

2 minutes ago, Walker said:

Hypothetically if a Sony Center offered to sell me a unit that a scalper was selling I would have bought it just to know the scalpers name from the bill and then alerted the authorities. At least that's what I believe we all should be doing in such a case. #humansofplaystation

Call a sony center then I'm sure you'll find what you are looking for. If you had told me earlier back then I'd have contacted you and either
A - forwarded the task to the good Samaritan that you are
B - Ask you for funding because of the good Samaritan that you are

5 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

Series X Never had good amount of stocks , it had low demand man come on now!

Also my friend was on the same boat 50k or nothing he got it today , just the difference is he does not care what month import , what colour outer box and what does the delivery boy is wearing, because the console has 1 year warranty.

1 minute ago, rushaboswal said:

Series X Never had good amount of stocks , it had low demand man come on now!

Also my friend was on the same boat 50k or nothing he got it today , just the difference is he does not care what month import , what colour outer box and what does the delivery boy is wearing, because the console has 1 year warranty.

Maybe your perfectly peachy running PS5 is gonna rub off on him, Cheers

3 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

Call a sony center then I'm sure you'll find what you are looking for. If you had told me earlier back then I'd have contacted you and either
A - forwarded the task to the good Samaritan that you are
B - Ask you for funding because of the good Samaritan that you are

A) got it! I should do the work for you. 

B- should have asked. I'd have told you where to get off :lol:

Edited by Walker

4 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

Well yes, you did think i have a charitable 50k lying around to be the test subject

Didn't actually think that from all the whinging and moaning you're doing here. I'd have to be you to deduce that.

48 minutes ago, blitzkreiig said:

Logic went out of the window a long time ago. 

@NitroNeo The difference in import dates can be simply due you the fact that Sony had a bunch of units lying for replacements. Someone must have taken a decision to push them out due to whatever reason. It's ultimately Sony who decides which stock goes to what retailer. 

Anyway, please keep on spinning some conspiracy theories around whenever you and those youtubers feel is right. Even after getting the console, you're unhappy ! :lol:

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, NitroNeo said:

Rather than scalpers, a far more plausible explanation is this -

India is a very low priority market. We are getting the remains of the ME/Gulf stock. When ME/Gulf got the new 1100A models, they pushed the remaining 1000 series models in India. it's official Sony stock, but we are not getting the new models till the old ones are cleared out.

For console HW, we are pretty much dependent on Sony ME. From what I remember, there were numerous reports that PS5 was supposed to launch here with the rest of the World. But due to very high demand, units meant for us was diverted to the ME countries. So our PS5 launch got delayed by 6 months or so. India is very low on PS5 supplies in Sony's eyes. Sony India only cares about TVs, and we get latest model Sony TVs here sometimes before US even. But for PS5, it's like they are doing us a favor even supplying it.

So yup, not scalper, not Amazon/FK - blame Sony for this one.

• Like 4

I don’t think many ppl here in India can even afford to buy AAA-AA software worth 5-3k on day-1.

I don’t think Sony will be interested to sell consoles here at losses without having them royalties come to them as soon as possible. 

Before anyone thinks M$ would be more interested then that’s not true either. 
Their end game is to collect the monthly fee of $15 from every owner at some point in the future…which is like 1.2k a month & which is too much aswell for Indian gamers.