The Playstation 5 thread

6 minutes ago, speeddemon said:

When is the next PS5 restock? also regarding PS Plus, incase i sign up for it from the PS5 console,

will i get the previous PS Plus games or only the current month ones?

You get all the previous PS Plus games if you used the same PS ID

49 minutes ago, speeddemon said:

When is the next PS5 restock? also regarding PS Plus, incase i sign up for it from the PS5 console,

will i get the previous PS Plus games or only the current month ones?

If you ever had ps plus on your id and redeemed games on ps4, they will be available. Else only the current month ones to redeem + the ps plus collection.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

If you ever had ps plus on your id and redeemed games on ps4, they will be available. Else only the current month ones to redeem + the ps plus collection.

Ok understood, anyone has an idea when the next PS5 restock is happening?

PS4 games catalog is huge.

It only makes sense to turn it into a handheld.

But more developers will opt for crossgen than ever before.

Already SeriesS is sort of a nail in the coffin for true next gen hopes.

I don't think a whole new device would be warranted for just streaming be it cloud or remote.

Market is niche & standard technology is far superior than it was during PStv days.

Also turning your standard PS4 into a handheld wouldn't really require additional support as they are already bound to support PS4 for years to come.

This would be just an additional form.

It's only the PS & Nintendo echo system that can go head to head right now.

Someone who would want to move to handheld gaming today will definitely want to consider this over switch if he has lot of investment in this echo system already.

41 minutes ago, AnK said:

I don't think a whole new device would be warranted for just streaming be it cloud or remote.

Market is niche & standard technology is far superior than it was during PStv days.

Also turning your standard PS4 into a handheld wouldn't really require additional support as they are already bound to support PS4 for years to come.

This would be just an additional form.

It's only the PS & Nintendo echo system that can go head to head right now.

Someone who would want to move to handheld gaming today will definitely want to consider this over switch if he has lot of investment in this echo system already.

Don’t count Steam Deck out completely

A Sony handheld that can run all the games (even PS5 games) at a lower resolution would be awesome! 

That will bridge the gap between PS4 and PS5. 

But it'll never be that easy with Sony. They will make things infinitely complex. 

Edited by Vamos

13 minutes ago, Vamos said:

A Sony handheld that can run all the games (even PS5 games) at a lower resolution would be awesome! 

That will bridge the gap between PS4 and PS5. 

But it'll never be that easy with Sony. They will make things infinitely complex. 

PS5 games on a handheld is a far fetched idea right now. 
even at lower res…..it would be something like SeriesS & that is $299 in its current form. 

Imagine fitting something like that in a handheld. 
Would cost a bomb. 

2 minutes ago, AnK said:

PS5 games on a handheld is a far fetched idea right now. 
even at lower res…..it would be something like SeriesS & that is $299 in its current form. 

Imagine fitting something like that in a handheld. 
Would cost a bomb. 

You don't need the hardware to run games that are scaled down and optimized to run on handhelds. 

Take Switch for example.. it is able to run games like Wolfenstein 2, Doom, Witcher 3 on its 5 year old processor that looks weak on paper. 

So I guess an updated CPU and GPU can easily run PS5 games with ease. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Failed is the wrong word but it never got the traction Sony expected. It didn't sell many games because of bad marketing and rampant piracy. It sold ~300 million software compared to almost 1 billion on DS. 

Compared to DS, for sure numbers are low. But as a standalone product, it sold great. Agreed on the piracy point though. PS2 faced the same problem.

Edited by Sach4life

Even XBone original is running Elden Ring & every other game so far. 

It doesn’t mean it will forever once games go next gen only. 

You need to have SeriesS caliber specs at the very least to run stuff like Matrix Awakens. 

It’s only common sense to expect a much more expensive handheld device if it’s trying to fit in a console that’s $299.