The Playstation 5 thread

Demand is unprecedentedly higher than Supply. 
No wonder they don’t really need Marketing & Sales staff. 

I just hope the chip issue gets sorted worldwide or else it’ll always remain a mystery as to how much PS5 “could have sold”. 

1 hour ago, KrIzAliD said:

:rofl:

1 hour ago, KrIzAliD said:

I still cant believe he actually said that :rofl:

Why did they release 90 ppl from this particular department in North America.?!?

Not only release they eliminated these positions of sales & marketing. 

Pls enlighten instead of posting emoticons like mnc_colossus.

Edited by AnK

Most likely these are marketing executives who co-ordinate with physical store retailers & sales executives who are deployed at the kiosks promotions. 

Since the console launched it has hardly been available on physical store shelves to need any co-ordination or needed any kiosk type of marketing to spread word & visuals(also partly due to the pandemic). 

The system is just coming & getting clicked away in micro seconds for as long as I can remember. 

These are the things that one could imagine straight away that wouldn’t need the positions that would have been earlier in need. 

If anyone has any other bright idea of what sort of layoff or transformation it could have been,pls share. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Yeah all those massive billboards all around the world for Horizon Forbidden West came out of thin air. 

No marketing and sales staff needed. 

Did I say not at all!!!?!? 

I specially mentioned in my above post what sort of staff i meant. 

Sorry for coming across in the wrong way & breaking your heart. ?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Yeah all those massive billboards all around the world for Horizon Forbidden West came out of thin air. 

No marketing and sales staff needed. 

They have shills which advertise for them for free…

why would they pay people for that :rofl:

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, AnK said:

If anyone has any other bright idea of what sort of layoff or transformation it could have been,pls share. 

Ha.. jaise hum bolenge aur tu samajh lega :giggle:

9 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Sony has around 109k employees. 90 employees is nothing for a Corp like Sony.

This is what I was thinking too. Seems like an overly enthusiastic journalist.

They have cut down on retail promoters specifically. Can be a variety of reasons ranging from cost cutting & fat trimming or an eventual shift to a D2C skewed model where they'll sell consoles directly through their portals and focus of digital sales rather than physical.

Though I don't think current sales performance has anything to do with the cuts. These promoters would be pushing games on PS too and not just consoles.

6 minutes ago, hope said:

The new ps plus can go batshit crazy if they give Ratchet with it in the new 2-3 months. Ratchet still selling well so i doubt but lets see. 

If they are giving MilesMorales in 1.5 years then I think Ratchet&C RA in 1 year is a good bet. 

Demon Souls is also predictably the next lot offering. 

Edit:- I just hope the first party titles stay up forever & don’t leave like they did on PSnow. 

Edited by AnK

Just now, rushab oswal said:

They wont stay forever, imagine miles morales staying forever on a sub service. Nah dont think so.

Then it’s a pretty useless Subscription service.

Never have I in all of subscription services seen a First Party product leave the service. 
Pretty idiotic if true. 

They are charging much more than PSplus or PSnow for this & need to show why it’s worth more.