The Playstation 5 thread

Wasteful remake, if the ps4 remaster didn't exist, then perhaps you could somehow defend it.

Remaking the ps2 era gems like God of War 1 n 2 makes sense, this is just a cashgrab, to accompany the HBO show, and capitalize on the marketing.

Hilarious watching some "fans" defending this by crapping on the ps3 version, n pretending it has "tank" controls, lol, while also forgetting about the ps4 remaster version.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gamer_adi said:

Wasteful remake, if the ps4 remaster didn't exist, then perhaps you could somehow defend it.

Remaking the ps2 era gems like God of War 1 n 2 makes sense, this is just a cashgrab, to accompany the HBO show, and capitalize on the marketing.

Hilarious watching some "fans" defending this by crapping on the ps3 version, n pretending it has "tank" controls, lol, while also forgetting about the ps4 remaster version.

PS4 version controls identical to PS3 version. Use your brain before posting stuff.

Maybe y'all people deserve someone like Ank who keeps y'all busy with shitposting.

10 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

PS4 version controls identical to PS3 version. Use your brain before posting stuff.

Maybe y'all people deserve someone like Ank who keeps y'all busy with shitposting.

True, and i am saying the ps3 version doesn't have "tank" controls. PS4 version plays just fine. This remake will be great for new players, but that job could just as well have easily been taken care of by backwards compatibility like MS offers. But then SONY wouldn't have been able to charge 70 bucks for it <_<

Edited by gamer_adi

46 minutes ago, gamer_adi said:

True, and i am saying the ps3 version doesn't have "tank" controls. PS4 version plays just fine. This remake will be great for new players, but that job could just as well have easily been taken care of by backwards compatibility like MS offers. But then SONY wouldn't have been able to charge 70 bucks for it <_<

These game are not for you and me but for people who never played the original, and a small percentage who wants to relive the nostalgia. This is why I'm never against remaster/remake whether its MCC or Link's Awakening, let people enjoy them for first time or 100th time. And I find it kinda assholish when someone says they don't need a remaster because they played the original. Yeah good for you, don't fking buy it, its not for you. Vote with your wallet, boycott it for the greater good of the community. I'm sure the publisher for whom you were never the intended target audience will stop making them because you didn't buy  it :lol:

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

These game are not for you and me but for people who never played the original, and a small percentage who wants to relive the nostalgia. This is why I'm never against remaster/remake whether its MCC or Link's Awakening, let people enjoy them for first time or 100th time. And I find it kinda assholish when someone says they don't need a remaster because they played the original. Yeah good for you, don't fking buy it, its not for you.

That's too much common sense to beat into some people's heads. 

3 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

With ank gone, it’s free real estate 

5 hours ago, gamer_adi said:

What are you blabbering about? PS4 remaster of Last of Us can be played on PS5. PS5 has BC, you know that, right?

4 hours ago, Snake said:

With ank gone, it’s free real estate 

What why? Bro. Bring him back. Forum needs him. He should get immunity from ban as he special analyst of IVG.

Sorry for OT.

And i don't mind Re release of Tlou 1. I just want Factions to be separate so that i can play it without buying Last of us "remake" lol

Edited by WhiteWolf

Looks great and made like using the LOU2 engine which looked amazeballs on PS4 but this is a PS Extra title for ME.

I support genuine remakes like RESIDENT EVIL 4 which has skipped 2 generations but not this for a Day 1 purchase.

This is similar to GTA5 which came across all PS3 PS4 PS5 milked to Death.

Also unnecessary because the PS4 Remastered still holds up Solid at 4K 60, that was one of the first title I fired up on PS5 and it looked gorgeous..

For those who haven't played the PS4 remaster and coming directly from PS3 this would be a good Nostalgic Trip.. 

Not even going to touch this remake. Already played the game twice and playing the remastered one was a very enriching experience. But that is about as much as I can take with this game now. I would gladly take all the past God of War titles getting a remake over this any day. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Would love to see a God of War remake with Ragnarok engine. It's been more than 4 years now. 

Any native PS3 title would totally benefit from a remake like this, not PS4 tittles. 

Arkham city, Red dead, Bioshock 1, Dark souls trilogy, MGS V, etc. 
But they just don’t have the resources to do it. 

15 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

"Winner of over 200 Game of the Year awards, The Last of Us™ has been rebuilt for the PlayStation®4 system. Now featuring full 1080p, higher-resolution character models, improved shadows and lighting, in addition to several other gameplay improvements" 

Looks like it's a ps4 native game being rebuilt from the ground up. Idk if Sony is lying. 

https://www.playstation.com/en-in/games/the-last-of-us-remastered/

Sony's jhumla, this remake is the real "rebuilt for PS5", remaster was just a port over with 1080p res and the other things they mention, it looked like a PS3 game only not native PS4 game.

In any case it's too early since the remaster holds up well, besides, nobody is forcing you to buy remake, on this thread only many including me will not buy this.

It's probably good for PC peoples since they didn't get to play the original and emulators are hit and miss.

It's a waste of resources but, in today's age of delays and all manpower and time could be devoted to whatever other new game ND was making, remake duties could be handed to some other studio and kept with them.