The Playstation 5 thread

https://www.eurogamer.net/nintendo-responds-to-playstation-price-hike

Lmao,Following Microsoft now Nintedo also responds to the price hike.Nintendo has "No plans" to increase Switch cost...

Here's that statement in full:

"As our president Mr Furukawa stated at the 82nd Annual General Meeting of Shareholders in June: While we cannot comment on pricing strategies, we currently do not have any plans to change the price of our hardware due to inflation or increased procurement costs in each country. We will determine our future pricing strategies through careful and continued deliberations."

"While the final price to consumers is always determined by retailers, as Mr Furukawa stated, Nintendo has no plans to increase the trade price of its hardware."

9 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

From overpriced games to overpriced console. Arrogant Sony back.

Sony should have eat those losses like MS instead of increasing the price. Sony is a billion dollar company, they can take the hit.

Also Its so unfair they increased prices everywhere except US.

9 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

Open ps vs xbox thread. I want to post some sh*t. :)

8 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

13.5 more hours..  Don't get banned again :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

I mean unfair bans common on ivg. 

So how much PS5 is now in India? 

3 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

Here's another unfair ban, this time its permanent. Had enough of your incessant bitching about moderation, we don't fking work for money or incentives and have  assholes constantly come after us with insulting DMs and backhanded comments. 

3 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Log sunthe nahi hai

3 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

Here's another unfair ban, this time its permanent. Had enough of your incessant bitching about moderation, we don't fking work for money or incentives and have  assholes constantly come after us with insulting DMs and backhanded comments. 

shouldn't have revoked his permanent ban earlier in the first place. guys like him are ungrateful a-holes. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KnackChap said:

still one of the best looking games on PS4. crying shame that RAD has since then been relegated to making budget VR games. 

Not just the visuals, but the game in general was very entertaining. It had one of the best Lycan transformation scenes in gaming. The concept, characters and voice acting was done really well. It's one of those game that I feel got extremely harsh reviews. 

25 minutes ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

Not just the visuals, but the game in general was very entertaining. It had one of the best Lycan transformation scenes in gaming. The concept, characters and voice acting was done really well. It's one of those game that I feel got extremely harsh reviews. 

Guess I'm not the only one wishing for a sequel. There were issues with the game, but I'd love to visit the world again.

40 minutes ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

i just replayed it a few months ago and it still holds up pretty well but the problem is that it gets over way to quickly and just about when the story starts picking up. a few more gameplay chapters and it wouldn't get such middling reviews.

there are also some design choices they made that got unnecessarily bashed pre reviews. take for eg their stealth takedowns which works just like any other games but the huge button prompt makes it look like some QTE. the lycan & minion encounters are terrible and designed extremely poorly. 

only hope for the series is that someone at ps productions is a fan and pitches it to some platform for a tv show/film or RAD uses Zucker's money to buy the ip back from sony. 

28 minutes ago, Walker said:

Guess I'm not the only one wishing for a sequel. There were issues with the game, but I'd love to visit the world again.

I was hoping for a sequel too. It had an interesting concept, but the execution fizzled out due to some poor design choices. I doubt Sony will ever want to re-visit it. 

7 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

i just replayed it a few months ago and it still holds up pretty well but the problem is that it gets over way to quickly and just about when the story starts picking up. a few more gameplay chapters and it wouldn't get such middling reviews.

there are also some design choices they made that got unnecessarily bashed pre reviews. take for eg their stealth takedowns which works just like any other games but the huge button prompt makes it look like some QTE. the lycan & minion encounters are terrible and designed extremely poorly. 

only hope for the series is that someone at ps productions is a fan and pitches it to some platform for a tv show/film or RAD uses Zucker's money to buy the ip back from sony. 

I'll definitely replay it, been way too long since I last played it. I'm surprised it never got added on Playstation+ or any of the recent Extra or Premium library. Seems to be a forgotten relic. I was ok with the length of the game. For some reason, I'm thinking they had intended to make more games around this lore, but the reception from the first game being so overwhelmingly terrible just scrapped the entire idea. But I do remember people attributing it's playtime to the full price it claimed, which I feel is also justified. I bought it for 10 bucks I think during some sale and it was totally worth it. 

I agree with the Half-breed and other creature encounters were poorly executed and QTE should never have been in this game. I mean it was pretty much Gears of War until someone in the gameplay department realized QTE would make for some cool encounters, when they really didn't. Those encounters deserved better. I'm not sure if I remember this correctly, but wasn't the FOV also an issue while aiming? I mean it was too zoomed in while being over the character's shoulder or may be my memory is failing me on this. It was wide-screen, which was another design choice I couldn't understand for the life of me. Using the "cinematic feeling" line just doesn't cut it anymore. 

Sony could have Bluepoint do something about it. I don't think they have had any original title till now, it would be a great opportunity to have them revamp this IP. That is if they haven't already tasked them with another remake project (Bloodborne? :P ). 

1 hour ago, Walker said:

While we're being wishful let them bring another Driveclub. Absolutely f**king glorious game. Beautiful. And Motorstorm. Both won't happen but what the hell.

a new motorstorm game shoul be an easy low hanging fruit if sony really wants an arcade racer in their lineup . they just need to do what they usually do with the Wipeout series. simply get a half decent studio (like sumo digital ) to remake the best tracks from all 4 motorstorm games and package it into a single game and later add the remaining tracks as free dlc. 

7 hours ago, Walker said:

While we're being wishful let them bring another Driveclub. Absolutely f**king glorious game. Beautiful. And Motorstorm. Both won't happen but what the hell.

Split Second please. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird
  • Like 1

On 8/25/2022 at 3:56 PM, LordSpymaster said:

Is anyone getting the CE-108255-1 error code on the PS5? Started getting this randomly on Hitman 3 since Monday, and now I can't play that game. Has anyone here been able to fix it somehow?

Sony engineers have stated that it is a hardware issue that stems from a software issue.

As per a Reddit user, it is a generic error in PS5 that happens whenever the system encounters a problem in communicating with the game.

Users have found many solutions depending on the issue such as disconnecting internet, installing a new language pack, disconnecting from multiple profiles, etc. Only in a small amount of cases it is caused due to a hardware glitch. 

It is as if the system is saying I don't know what is the problem when a problem occurs. 

Edited by Legacy Gamer
Corrected words

19 hours ago, SpearHea:D said:

Order 1886 was fun and i am in for a sequel. 

Just dont bring those crap boss fights again.

order 1886…despite the hate for it , I loved that short campaign . oh man it was so good . Definitely would love to see a 2nd part.

the soundtrack as well in that game was fantastic.Especially this one on the mission involving a blimp :wub: so good.

11 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Split Second please. 

Yes please!

split second was so damn good! Though blur was a contemporary of SS but I liked the latter a bit more more cos of the Pure destruction and chaos :bigyellowgrin: Split second MP too was so good . Too bad Disney interactive was shut down :(

Edited by silv3rgunn3r

7 hours ago, Kumar123 said:

So apparently, the new PS5 model weighs 500g less than the launch model? 

Just two^2 words: smaller heatsink, more heat.

Sony has increased the price and reduced the quality. 

Xbox is becoming more of an attractive proposition right now.