Jump to content

The Playstation 5 thread


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, AnK said:

I don’t understand why Dreams isn’t being ported to PS5 & PC. 
 

It has so much potential but it’s being left to die. 

It's not doing very well and I don't think it has potential. 

It was created as a platform for people to make games like a very upgraded version of LBP and we haven't actually seen that happen so far. Best I have seen are bad knock-offs or just non interactive recreations of movies or games. 

It's nowhere close to something similar like say Mario Maker or even LBP both of which had a crazy amount of user created content. 

The player base is struggling with less than 1500 active players. 

https://dreamstats.me/globalstats

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That’s why it needs a hardcore & dedicated community.

 

It released on PS4 in its last leg….only ppl left on PS4 are casuals or core gamers.

Most of the hardcore have either a PS5 or a PC.

 

Specially on PC this app can do wonders.

They are just letting it die by not even giving it a chance on PC. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, AnK said:

That’s why it needs a hardcore & dedicated community.

 

It released on PS4 in its last leg….only ppl left on PS4 are casuals or core gamers.

Most of the hardcore have either a PS5 or a PC.

 

Specially on PC this app can do wonders.

They are just letting it die by not even giving it a chance on PC. 

I just think that it's not very well conceptualised. Nothing of substance really came out of it. Ps4 was at its peak when it did come out. Had plenty of time to find its footing but the hype died down after the first couple of weeks. 

The devs probably overestimated the capability of the average gamer tbh which is why there were no real games produced in this supposed game making toolkit. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Playing spiderman after the update is a revelation. Native 4k with rtx at what feels like 60 fps to me. 

Insomniac are wizards. 

 

Its about 45 FPS top on Fidelity, way way better than the old 30 but doesn't feel like 60..

 

The Perf RT is next level at 80-90 FPS..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mr. Comingle said:

The devs probably overestimated the capability of the average gamer tbh which is why there were no real games produced in this supposed game making toolkit. 


One can’t really judge that without even giving it its due try on the most open & hardcore platform. 

 

PC!!! 

 

& the more late they do it the less impactful it’ll be. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Assassins Creed said:

 

Its about 45 FPS top on Fidelity, way way better than the old 30 but doesn't feel like 60..

 

The Perf RT is next level at 80-90 FPS..

VRR needs to be turned on for this update? Or we can keep VRR off in the settings?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, KunjanPSD said:

VRR needs to be turned on for this update? Or we can keep VRR off in the settings?

 

There are two VRR options in the menu. 
 

Set the main VRR option to automatic.

this option will enable VRR for games that have software level support via a patch or inbuilt. 
 

The second option is for Games that don’t support it inherently but the system will push it onto them eg. Elden Ring. 
You don’t need to have this turned on for Insomniac or other games that have been patched. 
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, AnK said:

 

There are two VRR options in the menu. 
 

Set the main VRR option to automatic.

this option will enable VRR for games that have software level support via a patch or inbuilt. 
 

The second option is for Games that don’t support it inherently but the system will push it onto them eg. Elden Ring. 
You don’t need to have this turned on for Insomniac or other games that have been patched. 
 

 

I know that but what I am asking is if the better frame rates are only enabled if VRR is set to automatic/ON?

Asking that because the current TV in my room is an LCD and it doesn't do local dimming with VRR enabled, so if I turn it on the whole picture will be washed out.

 

I am fine playing the update without VRR smoothness but at higher refresh rates and local dimming on but I don't think that it is possible, right?

I will just get pre-update experience if I keep VRR turned off, I assume.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

I know that but what I am asking is if the better frame rates are only enabled if VRR is set to automatic/ON?

Asking that because the current TV in my room is an LCD and it doesn't do local dimming with VRR enabled, so if I turn it on the whole picture will be washed out.

 

I am fine playing the update without VRR smoothness but at higher refresh rates and local dimming on but I don't think that it is possible, right?

I will just get pre-update experience if I keep VRR turned off, I assume.

 

You would want VRR on for unlocked frame rate.

 

But it depends on you. You might be able to tolerate it without VRR. I feel nauseous.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

 

You would want VRR on for unlocked frame rate.

 

But it depends on you. You might be able to tolerate it without VRR. I feel nauseous.

Arre, bro. I know that I would want that.

But that will completely kill the picture quality because no local dimming.

I am asking is it even possible to play at unlocked frame rate without VRR enabled?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Arre, bro. I know that I would want that.

But that will completely kill the picture quality because no local dimming.

I am asking is it even possible to play at unlocked frame rate without VRR enabled?

No not possible. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Apart from not being possible,it would be not worth it either. 
The jumps in fps VRR mode takes would make the screen look like sh*t. 

 

These features are best used on the latest OLED TV’s. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...