Jump to content

The Playstation 5 thread


Recommended Posts

Square Enix acquisition will be completely Organic if it ever happens. 
 

The western studios were laid off & will remain multiplatform. 
The Japanese studios were closely working with Sony for the longest time we can remember. 
 

The only inorganic & sudden acquisition done by Sony was Bungie & they have already made their intentions clear of keeping it’s games independent of Playstation & Multiplatform.

 

(Unless of course someone else does some monopolistic gate keeping). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

 

I think they should just break the silence now….for whatever it is.

 

There’s just too much indications but no official word. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, AnK said:

 

 

I think they should just break the silence now….for whatever it is.

 

There’s just too much indications but no official word. 

 

since mw2 release date is out.... expect a State of play showcase incoming in June mid with the details on this

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

What is an "organic" acquisition anyway?


When you start working with the developer from project to project which are mostly new in nature & don’t have deep rooted multiplatform backgrounds & provide funds,marketing ,tech,guidance as if it’s one of your own. 
 

Once both parties are confident that the relationship is maturing well enough & can take it to further level.

They acquire it. 
 

Sony historically has been doing this kinda thing over outright acquisitions & bring the teams under new management abruptly. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, AnK said:


When you start working with the developer from project to project which are mostly new in nature & don’t have deep rooted multiplatform backgrounds & provide funds,marketing ,tech,guidance as if it’s one of your own. 
 

Once both parties are confident that the relationship is maturing well enough & can take it to further level.

They acquire it. 
 

Sony historically has been doing this kinda thing over outright acquisitions & bring the teams under new management abruptly. 

There is no such thing as an organic acquisition, afaik.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

There is no such thing as an organic acquisition, afaik.


Even Sony has acquired all their studios at some point. 
Name any studio be it ND,Suckerpunch,Insomiac,Media Molecule or even more. 
 

There is some reason they like to call their first party growth as organic with time,budget,tech,know how,marketing shared over a large period of time rather than spending just money on acquisition. 
 

I don’t know why they refer to it that way or why they shouldn’t.

 

Better to discuss with them & ask. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, AnK said:


Even Sony has acquired all their studios at some point. 
Name any studio be it ND,Suckerpunch,Insomiac,Media Molecule or even more. 
 

There is some reason they like to call their first party growth as organic with time,budget,tech,know how,marketing shared over a large period of time rather than spending just money on acquisition. 
 

I don’t know why they refer to it that way or why they shouldn’t.

 

Better to discuss with them & ask. 

It's very simple. Growth in business from internal accruals is organic growth. Growth in earnings from acquisitions is inorganic growth. These are pretty well defined terms which can be understood from a simple Google. Don't need to reach out to high level execs who don't give a sh*t about you. 

Edited by Mr. Comingle
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Mr. Comingle said:

It's very simple. Growth in business from internal accruals is organic.Growth in earnings from acquisitions is inorganic.


That is there

But if an organisation is already registering growth with sharing of funds,tech,know-how,marketing & other kinds of partnerships through second/third party developers & is already growing through & with them even before they have officially acquired them. 
 

Is sort of an area not well defined in Google searches. 
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...