5 hours ago, Walker said:

Probably employee benefits.

4 hours ago, Kumar123 said:

Probably dates the owner's daughter. 

7 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

89 is the new 69 I guess

One gets it ?

1 hour ago, l33tmaniac said:

Looking at the frequency at which Sony is bringing titles to the PC, I might even sell off my PS5 since I rarely play any game day 1. 

While Jim sitting on throne it won't be surprising if GOWR will be on PC after a year at full price. 

Why do I get the feeling Jim Ryan is going to bury the PS Console completely? With PS3 they at least tried to be consumer friendly (Mid-Gen down the line). With PS5, Sony is getting so arrogant, that by the time Chip Shortages resolve, Sony will find a lot of people have jumped jump on Steam/PC Piracy. As such PC HW prices are crashing because of the near death of mining. Once prices stabilize, I think Sony is going to find a lot of people are either willing to wait for PC version or ignore the console altogether. This will especially be the case if console shortages continue for a longer period of time.

Unavailability of Consoles, PC HW prices going down - with more availability, cheaper games on PC, no true console exclusives - all of this render any advantage PS has moot. At least this is a feeling I have.

10 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Why do I get the feeling Jim Ryan is going to bury the PS Console completely? With PS3 they at least tried to be consumer friendly (Mid-Gen down the line). With PS5, Sony is getting so arrogant, that by the time Chip Shortages resolve, Sony will find a lot of people have jumped jump on Steam/PC Piracy. As such PC HW prices are crashing because of the near death of mining. Once prices stabilize, I think Sony is going to find a lot of people are either willing to wait for PC version or ignore the console altogether. This will especially be the case if console shortages continue for a longer period of time.

Unavailability of Consoles, PC HW prices going down - with more availability, cheaper games on PC, no true console exclusives - all of this render any advantage PS has moot. At least this is a feeling I have.

From what I understand, the console shortage problem is going to be over very soon. Also, exclusives aren't the only reason people buy consoles. Personally, I like having separate devices designed just for gaming.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roun90 said:

Doubt it.

People who want to play PS studio games or timed exclusives day 1 will do so anyway and not wait 6-12 months to play on PC. Sony is not doing day 1 PC yet and don’t think it’ll happen soon

1 hour ago, roun90 said:

Pretty much what @Kumar123 said. There's always going to be an audience for console gaming cos people just don't want to mess with components or feel lost when there is a lot of choice. 

14 minutes ago, Snake said:

Doubt it.

People who want to play PS studio games or timed exclusives day 1 will do so anyway and not wait 6-12 months to play on PC. Sony is not doing day 1 PC yet and don’t think it’ll happen soon

While I agree with you on day 1 games being a big driving factor, if more people like Valve come up with ready to game PCs WITH a simplified OS, the value proposition for consoles goes down significantly IMO. Console generations will entirely go away and I see more people flock to something like a Valve console that runs Linux/Windows under the hood with a simplified UI on top. More or less the same as what current gen consoles do. 

Edited by l33tmaniac

3 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

Pretty much what @Kumar123 said. There's always going to be an audience for console gaming cos people just don't want to mess with components or feel lost when there is a lot of choice. 

While I agree with you on day 1 games being a big driving factor, if more people like Valve come up with ready to game PCs WITH a simplified OS, the value proposition for consoles goes down significantly IMO. Console generations will entirely go away and I see more people flock to something like a Valve console that runs Linux/Windows under the hood with a simplified UI on top. More or less the same as what current gen consoles do. 

Those ready to game PCs still don’t have PS exclusives which is the biggest reason people buy consoles, plus ready to game PCs are still available, but there are not many takers. Consoles are not going anywhere

1 minute ago, Snake said:

Those ready to game PCs still don’t have PS exclusives which is the biggest reason people buy consoles, plus ready to game PCs are still available, but there are not many takers. Consoles are not going anywhere

Ready to game PCs that are available today are still computers. There's a barrier to installing steam, figuring things out and getting started. That's where the Steam deck jumps in and greatly simplifies things. 

Sell people the proposition of buying a game once and not have to re-purchase every generation, I think the wait for exclusives to appear might be more tolerable. 

40 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

Ready to game PCs that are available today are still computers. There's a barrier to installing steam, figuring things out and getting started. That's where the Steam deck jumps in and greatly simplifies things. 

Sell people the proposition of buying a game once and not have to re-purchase every generation, I think the wait for exclusives to appear might be more tolerable. 

Now we just wait for Valve to make those PCs