The Playstation 5 thread

32 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

Day 1 pc and ps games coming in hot , this is how it will start.

If you started playing games this gen then yeah, this will the first time you'll see Sony putting games on PS and PC day one.

They've been releasing online only games on PS/PC for two gens, only stopped during PS4 era because that specific publisher was spun off.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

If you started playing games this gen then yeah, this will the first time you'll see Sony putting games on PS and PC day one.

They've been releasing online only games on PS/PC for two gens, only stopped during PS4 era because that specific publisher was spun off.

Sshhh..

1 hour ago, Snake said:

Now we just wait for Valve to make those PCs

They actually dont have to. SteamOS is the platform that will make this a possibility. If they continue to invest in steamOS at the same rate, then PCs with console like interface will become a tangible reality

Edited by l33tmaniac

9 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

They actually dont have to. SteamOS is the platform that will make this a possibility. If they continue to invest in steamOS at the same rate, then PCs with console like interface will become a tangible reality

cool then, hopefully they put the same effort into HL3 :P

On 9/30/2022 at 1:05 PM, roun90 said:

Why do I get the feeling Jim Ryan is going to bury the PS Console completely? With PS3 they at least tried to be consumer friendly (Mid-Gen down the line). With PS5, Sony is getting so arrogant, that by the time Chip Shortages resolve, Sony will find a lot of people have jumped jump on Steam/PC Piracy. As such PC HW prices are crashing because of the near death of mining. Once prices stabilize, I think Sony is going to find a lot of people are either willing to wait for PC version or ignore the console altogether. This will especially be the case if console shortages continue for a longer period of time.

Unavailability of Consoles, PC HW prices going down - with more availability, cheaper games on PC, no true console exclusives - all of this render any advantage PS has moot. At least this is a feeling I have.

They will bleed customers to PC, but it won't kill the console market.

What will kill it is when someone finally figures out game streaming.

Anyway future for both companies is game publishers, not that Western suits like Jim have any problem with that, Nintendo will probably be the last hold out.

On 9/30/2022 at 8:18 AM, l33tmaniac said:

Looking at the frequency at which Sony is bringing titles to the PC, I might even sell off my PS5 since I rarely play any game day 1. 

Just do it.

I had PS4 and it saw very little use throughout it's life because I kept it only for exclusives, atleast back in the day when i bought it for 40k you wouldn't have PS3 and PS4 games coming on PC so it was really nice getting to play Spiderman and all, also the GOW3 remaster, plus some other games like Horizon,FF7Remake, P5R.

If you want official confirmation you can wait till they announce Returnal on PC, if they're bringing that then prolly the rest are on their way.

all titles from the leak. 

Horizon 2 FW PC

Horizon 2 DLC

Horizon Online (MP Gaas)

Horizon VR

Returnal PC

sackboy PC

project Ocean by kojima. death stranding 2?

Rise of Ronin. already announced. 

Heartbreak (survival horror) from firesprite studio. PS5 & PC

Carbon by sumo digital. open world title.  arcade racer? driveclub 2?

project redstar by lucid. supposedly twisted metal reboot which is moved to an another studio now. 

project bates by ballistic moon studio. survival horror. until dawn 2

project camden by london studios. GaaS title. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 0verlord said:

so should people just sell their ps5 and xsx and sit back with a PC where everything will eventually come?

Thats why didnt buy a ps5 this time, No point in getting it as all exclusives are coming and i am okay with 2-3 year delay. 

Pc is simply the best gaming platform right now. 

• Like 1

Around the 7 min mark, going forward PS titles would come to PC after at least 1 year(probably 1 to 2 years unless the game keeps selling very well) and live service titles day and date with PS (makes sense since such titles would need player engagement to thrive).