The Playstation 5 thread

4 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

220 usd is roughly 15k only. And high speed ssd for ps5 will also cost about the same. So am I missing something? The memory card esque storage in xbox seems to be the better and easier option so far :scratchchin:

220 USD won't translate to 15K in India. it will be more like 25k, especially for such bespoke devices.

Also, lot more choices in brands/sizes for nvme drives. Can also buy and sell second hand easily with PC/laptop users. More price drops as these become commoditized, etc.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, adity said:

Sony is much faster and will drop in price as the gen matures. You can plug in whatever size you want - 500 Gb, 1 TB, 5 tb. 

Agreed that it's much faster. But the price drop logic can hold true for Xbox storage as well. Also, MS has confirmed that it's going to be available in different capacities.

Right now, the major drawback that I see is that, if you get the Xbox storage card, you can't use it elsewhere. The Sony SSD can be used as a drive in a PC as well. 

Best thing about sony's implementation is that if you change your SSD to a faster one or larger storage in future, you can use that ssd in your PC. With MS, you are stuck with that proprietary storage and would have to deal with olx lowballers to sell it off.

28 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

Agreed that it's much faster. But the price drop logic can hold true for Xbox storage as well. Also, MS has confirmed that it's going to be available in different capacities.

Not as much. Lesser competition, no commoditization, no inter-swaps with PC/laptop users. Bespoke accessories don't see that much of a drop because companies can charge a premium despite BoM going down.

5 minutes ago, AnK said:

I don’t think M$ promotes opening the casing in any way or form 

it has always been like this since 360 days 

I don't understand the logic behind that. I mean changing the ps4 hdd is a matter of slide off the casing, open one screw, pull out hdd, push in New hdd, tighten one screw, slide cover back. 

I mean my kid would be able to do that after watching one video.

Edited by Walker

34 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

20201008-103332.jpg

This reminds me of H1 NZXT

large_52f7726270aabb1b.png

large_f6dd6bcf1dc5957e.png

And this was criticized for thermal issues. Will be interesting to see how Xbox does it (given people are already complaining about heat issues). 

Should have gone with mesh design than fully packed sides for better air flow. 

unknown.png

Looks way better than Xbox. 

57 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

This reminds me of H1 NZXT

large_52f7726270aabb1b.png

large_f6dd6bcf1dc5957e.png

And this was criticized for thermal issues. Will be interesting to see how Xbox does it (given people are already complaining about heat issues). 

Should have gone with mesh design than fully packed sides for better air flow. 

unknown.png

Looks way better than Xbox. 

H1 doesn't have any case fans. It relies on AIO inlet which itself throws in 70-80C hot air, and GPU's own fans. No actual assist from case itself. I feel like Corsair One is a better unit, but then its only prebuilt.

10 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

Have you finalized the case?

Nope. Still waiting for GPU. ? 

4 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

I feel like Corsair One is a better unit, but then its only prebuilt.

Yes, that is a problem. H1 kind of sells as a case and you can customize as you like. Still shitty as they pair it with their PSU and AIO to justify their $400 casing. 

2 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

jUsT StAnDaRd PC sTuFf

Both using nextgen AMD Cpu and gpu, which will be available for PC as well. Its not like there is cell architecture there. Its X86 custom build PC like seriesX just with better designed and compact internals. You can even find SSDs of same speed and put in your PC as well now if you can afford it. Both consoles are just PCs. 

Also PS4 internals were also more compact and better designed than Xbox one. Everyone said same thing but in the end PS4 turned out to be louder and hotter machine out of both.

We will see which one last long and performs better when they out in open.

In India real stress will happen, especially in Delhi NCR where you have extreme pollution, heat and cold n all.:good:

Edited by WhiteWolf
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Both using nextgen AMD Cpu and gpu, which will be available for PC as well. Its not like there is cell architecture there. Its X86 custom build PC like seriesX just with better designed and compact internals. You can even find SSDs of same speed and put in your PC as well now if you can afford it. Both consoles are just PCs. 

Also PS4 internals were also more compact and better designed than Xbox one. Everyone said same thing but in the end PS4 turned out to be louder and hotter machine out of both.

We will see which one last long and performs better when they out in open.

In India real stress will happen, especially in Delhi NCR where you have extreme pollution, heat and cold n all.:good:

I can taste the sheer salt dripping from your posts. Sigh..

5 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

I can taste the sheer salt dripping from your posts. Sigh..

Lick it then 

Also im getting both machines unlike some of you all. So keep your bullshit to you. Sony consoles internals and design always been really good but that doesn't mean it will not get hot or loud. Same goes for seriesX. In videos PS5 internals do look better no doubt.

Real stress will happen when both machines out in open.

Edited by WhiteWolf

8 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Lick it then 

Also im getting both machines unlike some of you all. So keep your bullshit to you. Sony consoles internals and design always been really good but that doesn't mean it will not get hot or loud. Same goes for seriesX. In videos PS5 internals do look better no doubt.

Real stress will happen when both machines out in open.

Who the f**k is saying any of that? Also, what does the post to which you replied has anything to do with this? What do you operate like a robot spewing the same thing over and thing again regardless of the post you are actually quoting?