The Playstation 5 thread

2 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Don't think a playstation india division even exists now. 

This should be stickied......People keep blaming PS India.

3 hours ago, TheMonark said:

I am not sure why Sony can't allocate 3000 units for Indian market launch. Given the high demand in every western market, these 3000 units will not matter at all. Moreover, these many units will be sufficient for initial launch in Indian market and will get sold easily. I believe this whole delay is not due to trademark issue or upcoming holiday season in western market. It is more due to lack of any representation from Indian in the Sony's GLT. Every country head may be trying to source more stocks for their market while India is left for the time when they will have surplus stock.

3k units- damn too high! I'm sure they won't get sold out. There is demand for sure but from limited audiences only. Sony knows , those who want the system desperately will pay hefty prices to import/ procure from grey markets anyways and others can wait. I suspect they might even try to push the PS4 pro by offering hefty discounts/ game bundles to maximise their revenue just around Xmas/new years. 

Better business sense- pump consoles to regions that have a burning demand. 

Edited by radicaldude

Just now, TheMonark said:

If 3k is too high, doesn't that make it easier for them to launch here, just as MS did with XSX. Anyways, no point in discussing it. It's just my frustration which is trying to make sense out of the delay.

Maybe they want to play safe. Ps5 will get sold out for sure, in the West. Better put your resources in those markets. 

4 minutes ago, AnK said:

That’s like playing with fire ? 

asking here for “verification of seller” 

Naah, that would be me asking for where to buy a second dualsense controller since I cant wait for the current one to charge and play. :naughty:

On 11/26/2020 at 11:46 PM, Assassins Creed said:

Ban auto lifts Monday AM, if before that one of us will UnBan immediately as soon as THE NEWS is out..

And finally the week is over with no 'official' news.. Ban jaari rahega until official news is out :threatenlumber:

If indeed the Jan news are true then we should hear something next week :cry:

3 hours ago, TheMonark said:

I am aware of this technicality. However, the point I was trying to make is India doesn't have representation India in Global SIE. IMO, this is the reason for putting India launch on back burner.

Yeah. 

And also, Sony does not invest money into the distribution and supply chain network in India. 

Microsoft, for example, has a deal with a company called Redington India to carry out imports, distribution and other supply chain activities. They are very efficient and professional. 

Sony for some reason is too conservative in this and chooses not to put more money in this segment for India. 

Edited by VamosReva

12 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

If indeed the Jan news are true then we should hear something next week :cry:

The frustrating part is, there isn't even any official acknowledgment as to what is going on. We had simultaneous banners of PS5 Holiday 2020 going up on Amazon, FK, GTS and some other stores. That can't have been done without some sort of communication from Sony India. Now, they are completely mum. No update, as to what's the status of launch, or as to when we can expect an update.

Unreal, how badly everything has been handled. I think they will launch here in Q1, but in absurdly low quantities and it'll be an additional 4-6 months before most can pick up.

4 hours ago, ZooZoo said:

Anyone here from Hyderabad? Need to verify a PS5 inperson from a seller based there. Not for me but for my friend who is interested in buying it at 70K.

Im based in Hyd/Bangalore. Currently in Bangalore, But my cousin is there in Hyd and also a Console gamer like us. If you want he can verify. He knows Young Season Console guyz very much. Grey market guyz who got PS5 and Series X on launch days here.

But who is giving it for 70K ? Strange!!

10 hours ago, VamosReva said:

Yeah. 

And also, Sony does not invest money into the distribution and supply chain network in India. 

Microsoft, for example, has a deal with a company called Redington India to carry out imports, distribution and other supply chain activities. They are very efficient and professional. 

Sony for some reason is too conservative in this and chooses not to put more money in this segment for India. 

Sony had a distribution, sales and marketing contract with Reddington from 2005 until 2015. Reddington did not renew the contract due to Sony providing ~2 gross profit margins.

• Like 1