The Playstation 5 thread

13 minutes ago, 'Pranay said:

I was extremely tempted to buy at launch from grey at good prices. But now it's better to wait it out. 

Paying 60k for warranty which might not happen is too much.

And by next year, lot of bugs will be resolved, features will be added and some launch game prices will at least be 10-20 percent off

It's better to wait 

It's always better to wait but the FOMO is strong :lol:

8 minutes ago, 'Pranay said:

fomo Vs fear of hardware issue with no warranty

60k gone to utter waste if it ends up non repairable

if youre in a metro city repairing it should not be a problem.

people like me from urban areas have to option other than buying in warranty or shipping it back and forth to metro cities 

9 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

people like me from urban areas have to option other than buying in warranty or shipping it back and forth to metro nvm

Edited by Jigsaw
Nvm

3 hours ago, gecko89 said:

This is coming along nicely.

Survival Psychological Horror, with support for Tempest 3D Audio and Adaptive Triggers.

Edit: Also, Evil Dead the game is not an Xbox exclusive apparently, coming to PS, PC and Switch as well.

AlphaEffects. Die. Repeat.

Looks amazing. 

14 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

people like me from urban areas have to option other than buying in warranty or shipping it back and forth to metro cities 

Sure , add the inconvenience and repair charges which most will be a bomb for new hardware 

Pay 10k + Repair Charges and Future Hardware issues for 1-2 month delay is not worth it.

I have a lot of stuff from grey market in the past like a windows phone, nintendo devices ds but buying a 10-15k product on grey vs 60k  is a big difference and not worth it.

2 hours ago, b!T said:

It's always better to wait but the FOMO is strong :lol:

my fomo was at its peak as I had a month of no work  and received some cash bonus from the company which i could burn , thought this was the best time to play and finish demon souls 

I will end up buying a ps5 next q but i really doubt now ill get time to play -___-' as I had in Dec

Edited by 'Pranay

1 hour ago, 'Pranay said:

fomo Vs fear of hardware issue with no warranty

60k gone to utter waste if it ends up non repairable

46 minutes ago, 'Pranay said:

My fomo was at its peak as I had a month of no work  and received some cash bonus from the company which i could burn , thought this was the best time to play and finish demon souls 

I will end up buying a ps5 next q but i really doubt now ill get time to play -___-' as I had in Dec

I will force myself to not get one until I actually need one. Since there is not stock anywhere, it's very easy to control fomo.

3 hours ago, ayush12ice said:

The one that came with the PS5 was broken. The clips that keep the top rotating half to bottom one were broken.

Still have to say that the design of the stand for the horizontal orientation is very flimsy.

Oh yeah the stand is super duper flimsy. Especially in horizontal mode. The clips that latch onto the PS logos, only the left one latches correctly and fully. The right one just about holds on 50%. Very poorly thought out “over engineered japani tech”.  Someone could easily break the right clip thinking it’s not latching on correctly when in reality that’s the best it holds due to the curvature of the bottom flap. 
And all of this just because of the silly idea to forego industrial design and make a Burj Khalifa console. 

Edited by Jigsaw
Typo

3 hours ago, ayush12ice said:

The one that came with the PS5 was broken. The clips that keep the top rotating half to bottom one were broken.

Still have to say that the design of the stand for the horizontal orientation is very flimsy.

Ohh...take care with the new one.

5 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

:rofl: Jus wanted to see how easy or tough it was, put it back right away.. Next opening once third party NVMe is approved 

Ahahaha congrats bro. :D

Use an external ssd for hoarding PS4 games until then. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, gecko89 said:

This is coming along nicely.

Survival Psychological Horror, with support for Tempest 3D Audio and Adaptive Triggers.

Edit: Also, Evil Dead the game is not an Xbox exclusive apparently, coming to PS, PC and Switch as well.

Seems very similar to the concept from Tom Cruise's Edge of Tomorrow

Effects look spectacular