The Playstation 5 thread

21 minutes ago, kittoo said:

Honeywell ka even cheaper hai, only 1499 before any coupon or card off. 3 meter too. I got 2 meter for even cheaper but that one is no longer available. 

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B08HRGRCGL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_NL11FbGWY2YCD?psc=1

Edit- crap I thought that was 2300. Its only 999. That's a good price.

This is great man. Will pick it up. Thanks.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

D Lol. Since I'll be getting the series x first (no idea when ps5 will be available officially), I guess the cable should be sufficient for now? I have my TV kept on the table.

Bro I haven’t measured but it felt like 7 feet. The PS5 comes with a cable that is about as long as Mark Cerny’s :naughty: if he even has one :giggle:

Update : Googled and yes it is almost 7” (6.56”)

https://www.polygon.com/xbox-series-x/21516020/xbox-series-x-price-release-date-store-faq

Edited by Jigsaw
Update

Solid 6.5 hours testing today, until the batteries literally ran off :hypocrite:

Super quiet, can hardly hear the fan noise

Gets heated up, so keeping in open is important

No lags or bugs of any sort, downloaded games and rest mode also tried

Started off with PS4 transfer of following games which happens smoothly in background, ignore the red aurora, thats coming from the curtains but it doesn't look like that in real :rofl:

IMG-20201214-WA0016.jpg

RDR2 - No noticeable improvements ran like PS4 Pro

GTA V - Runs exactly as PS4, no sh*t improved. 

LOU Remastered - Solid 60 FPS on 1800p mode

God Of War - KickAss 60 FPS smooth loadings and menus which were bit annoying on Pro. If you have the disc 1.00 ver then do not update it runs at 4K 60 FPS

Horizon - Looks Brilliant, can see frame rate improvement, might jump back into this one.

Days Gone - Solid Frame Rate and massive improvement looks like a Day and Night difference between PS4 Pro vs PS5, A proper next gen upgrade.

TLG - no upgrades on latest patch, but oh Bouy if you have the disc version 1.00, runs at 60 FPS 4K..Absolutely gorgeous..

LOU 2 - Looks better than ever, I don't feel like I need a PS5 upgrade for this game except for may be frame rate. Looks and plays badass.

Miles Morales PS5  - :majesty: Just check this image, taken on phone camera on CX RT perf mode. Highly detailed but Fidelity mode seems slow once you have tasted performance RT mode

20201214-134858.jpg

Astro -  Super fun and time pass, fully enjoy your Dual Sense

BugSnax - played a bit.. looks like game is only made for DualSense.. fully integrated.

I feel PS4 Pro is of no use now :fear1: but not feeling easy to let go the special edition console.. 

Edited by Assassins Creed
  • Like 9

10 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

Solid 6.5 hours testing today, until the batteries literally ran off :hypocrite:

Started off with PS4 transfer of following games which happens smoothly in background, ignore the red aurora, thats coming from the curtains but it doesn't look like that in real :rofl:

IMG-20201214-WA0016.jpg

God Of War - KickAss 60 FPS smooth loadings and menus which were bit annoying on Pro

Horizon - Looks Brilliant, can see frame rate improvement, might jump back into this one.

Days Gone - Solid Frame Rate improvement but doesn't look any great.

LOU 2 - Looks better than ever, I don't feel like I need a PS5 upgrade for this game except for may be frame rate. Looks and plays badass.

Miles Morales PS5  - :majesty: Just check this image, taken on phone camera on CX RT perf mode. Highly detailed but Fidelity mode seems slow once you have tasted performance RT mode

20201214-134858.jpg

BugSnax - played a bit.. looks like game is only made for DualSense.. fully integrated.

I feel PS4 Pro is of no use now :fear1: but not feeling easy to let go the special edition console.. 

Man it shouldn’t be heating up. Mine remains cold as a bone despite marathon sessions by the wiser half. Also the air flow is so much better than the SX which properly heats up my tv unit ( lots of ventilation)

Stay clear of Rest mode until Sony fixes it. Not worth it as the boot time itself is so quick. Only reason you might need it is if you don’t have good Internet speed and need to download overnight. But risky atm. 
Also if you’re planning to use an external ssd, format it via the console even if it was in use on the PS4/Pro. Many people are reporting this eliminates the rebuild issue due to external storage crashing. 
Also the USB A port on the front is 2.0 and is ideally meant for audio transmitters. If you’re plugging an external drive, use the Type C or the 2 USB ports at the back. These all are rated at 10Gbps. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, rushaboswal said:

@Assassins Creed Hows haptic feedback and trigger?

I felt BugSnax did a brilliant job with with, you get the full feel of the game, only when developers put that much effort you know the capability of DS

Spiderman I am yet to experience anything big with haptics, not much in Traversal.. 

1 minute ago, Assassins Creed said:

I felt BugSnax did a brilliant job with with, you get the full feel of the game, only when developers put that much effort you know the capability of DS

Spiderman I am yet to experience anything big with haptics, not much in Traversal.. 

It is subtle in Spiderman. Not as pronounced as in the AstorBot. Notice while swinging, there is a tension build up before the webshot is fired and then there is a different tension while you are swinging. Also, do not press the trigger completely, press it very slightly and you will feel like you have pressed it for real. If you press it all the way, it would be like those cases where you pressed a real button on keyboard way too hard than expected. 

FIFA me maja aayega, when your player gets tired, the triggers will be very hard to press. :rofl:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

Man it shouldn’t be heating up. Mine remains cold as a bone despite marathon sessions by the wiser half. Also the air flow is so much better than the SX which properly heats up my tv unit ( lots of ventilation)

Stay clear of Rest mode until Sony fixes it. Not worth it as the boot time itself is so quick. Only reason you might need it is if you don’t have good Internet speed and need to download overnight. But risky atm. 
Also if you’re planning to use an external ssd, format it via the console even if it was in use on the PS4/Pro. Many people are reporting this eliminates the rebuild issue due to external storage crashing. 
Also the USB A port on the front is 2.0 and is ideally meant for audio transmitters. If you’re plugging an external drive, use the Type C or the 2 USB ports at the back. These all are rated at 10Gbps. 

Thank You !

Will check on the heat again, I think it was the air around the cabinet and may not be the system 

Rest mode - only did some testing during controller charge, will go back to usual.

Haven't bought an external storage yet and will wait to hear what will be the fate of internal SSD... I have 300 mbps connection and with data plans these days no worries on deleting and reinstalling games quickly but if I get a cheap SSD might cave in

Edited by Assassins Creed

1 minute ago, ZooZoo said:

FIFA me maja aayega, when your player gets tired, the triggers will be very hard to press. :rofl:

Xbox has had this down pat for years. 

In COD, once you run out of bullets, the triggers intelligently stop responding to any input. 

20 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

IMG-20201214-WA0016.jpg

God Of War - KickAss 60 FPS smooth loadings and menus which were bit annoying on Pro

Days Gone - Solid Frame Rate improvement but doesn't look any great.

20201214-134858.jpg

Is disc version of God of war at ver 1.00 needed for 4k 60fps? I read there is no option for it on the patched version which one might get from the collections.

1 minute ago, Assassins Creed said:

Thank You !

Will check on the heat again, I think it was the air around the cabinet and may not be the system 

Rest mode - only did some testing during controller charge, will go back to usual.

Haven't bought an external storage yet and will wait to hear what will be the fate of internal SSD... I have 300 mbps connection and with data plans these days no worries on deleting and reinstalling games quickly but if I get a cheap SSD might cave in

Samsung T7 1TB. Got one for both the SX and this chubster. 

1 minute ago, kunjanp said:

Is disc version of God of war at ver 1.00 needed for 4k 60fps? I read there is no option for it on the patched version which one might get from the collections.

It doesn’t say 60 FPS in the menu but it performs. I don’t think stock 1.0 version might work without a patch.. I played the disc version itself but it’s up to date.. 

25 minutes ago, adity said:

It's 60 fps but at 1080p.

Yeah, you need to put the disc in, download the game and not let any of the update patches to download. The game runs at 4k 60fps in quality mode then. Don't know why they haven't enabled it.

Edited by kunjanp
  • Like 1

Just now, kunjanp said:

Yeah, you need to put the disc in, download the game and not let any of the update patches to download. The game runs at 4k 60fps in performance mode then. Don't know why they haven't enabled it.

Are you sure? Performance mode isn't 4K right..