The Playstation 5 thread

32 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Wow thanks. Is it a PS4 gold headset dongle? Because based on my research, it doesn't work with other dongles.

yes gold dongle, i broke my headset long back so should have the dongle..once i find it will send it to you.

21 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

The PS Gold had absolute POS build quality, here's the state of mine

PXL-20201222-085849445.jpg

The flaking got super annoying after a while, so I ripped it all off.

Lol so true, cracks started to appear after continuous use and broke eventually. I got another a few years later same fate.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, scuderiaT1fos1 said:

Lol so true, cracks started to appear after continuous use and broke eventually. I got another a few years later same fate.

I’ve had every ps official headset. None remained to tell the tale. The quality is dismal at best. Makes me wonder if I really do even need the pulse 3D now. 

3 hours ago, Jigsaw said:

Theres a difference between headphones designed primarily for music like the senns or any other high impedance ones. 
Gaming headsets work best when the use case is gaming. Even the humble good ol HyperX Cloud Stingers work brilliantly. 
AT M50X are audiophile entry grade cans. They ARE going to sound piss poor when plugged into a DS4/5. 

Even Sony’s ghar ka maal 1000XM3 sound very average when wired up to the controller. 

The ATH M50X is amazing when gaming on PC. Still using it to this day - it's really great. It's only the PS4 that makes it a miserable affair (Haven't used it with X1 so can't say about that).

17 minutes ago, Animus said:

My platinum headset was also flaked, removed all the flake and now it's just cloth. The ear sweat actually f**ks it up.

Yeah, my issue is due to ear sweat only. It is impossible to use it during summer.

23 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Most of them will flake over time, which is why they're now replaceable on high end models. Even if you keep them in the box, the rubber skin will dry up and flake eventually.

Yeah learnt this the hard hard way. Forgot my Bose in it’s carrycase for a year and the kind service centre kindly charged me a cool 7k for OG ones. :wallbash:

The Audio Technical M50X died a similar death. Except these have pleather everywhere. Had to chuck them :(

13 minutes ago, hope said:

Never bough a headphone, for once i wanna try it out to see how big the sound difference is. Will buy Pulse or some other some time later for sure.

Try the Turtle Beach Recon 200. 5k and bombastic :thumbsup:

Wired but battery powered for the one’s who like to pee against the wind. 

1 minute ago, Jigsaw said:

Try the Turtle Beach Recon 200. 5k and bombastic :thumbsup:

Wired but battery powered for the one’s who like to pee against the wind. 

I think any headphones which connect to DS4/DS is bound to underperform. Better stick to the wireless ones specifically made for the consoles. 

1 minute ago, kunjanp said:

I think any headphones which connect to DS4/DS is bound to underperform. Better stick to the wireless ones specifically made for the consoles. 

Any headphone that have high impedance will struggle on the ps controllers. The official ohm rating is 70. But gaming headsets usually hover around 38ohms which is why they work so well compared to audiophile territory stuff which are anyways neither tuned nor designed for gaming.