The Playstation 5 thread

4 minutes ago, Agent 47 said:

Apart from that trademark issue, is there any other reason why they are not releasing it here officially yet. 

Stocks. When you have half the western world eating out of your hands, why would you bother sending paltry stocks to India ? Our base is too small, price too high for an average parent to buy for their kids. 

Even if we take the whole of IVG, the PS5 buyer base will not be beyond 4 digits. Peanuts for Sony IMO. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Stocks. When you have half the western world eating out of your hands, why would you bother sending paltry stocks to India ? Our base is too small, price too high for an average parent to buy for their kids. 

Even if we take the whole of IVG, the PS5 buyer base will not be beyond 4 digits. Peanuts for Sony IMO. 

Don't think this happened during PS4 release. It was marketed quite well if i remember. Pandemic and Scalpers have affected these things but some official statement needs to be put out soon regardless of the stocks.

3 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

And then outside of the enthusiasts we also have the folks who think it’s crazy to have to “buy” games at 3999/- “Like who pays for software” This is what a guy in network security once quipped to me :dance:

1 minute ago, Agent 47 said:

Don't think this happened during PS4 release. It was marketed quite well if i remember. Pandemic and Scalpers have affected these things but some official statement needs to be put out soon regardless of the stocks.

Oh PS4 preorders began very early Aug 2013 if I remember correctly. Remember preordering two. Thank god for marriage, I’d be broke and single. 

1 minute ago, Agent 47 said:

But the price - 50k - substantial amount for anyone's books - specially for playing games. I don't foresee a non gaming parent spending that much for a console unless they are pretty rich. We gamers are a small bunch, man. 

Just now, Jigsaw said:

And then outside of the enthusiasts we also have the folks who think it’s crazy to have to “buy” games at 3999/- “Like who pays for software” This is what a guy in network security once quipped to me :dance:

Wew. Looks like a story for r/talefromtechsupport

11 minutes ago, vickysud01 said:

Its Happening boys Gamestheshop Delivered PS5 game Disc :egyptian:

Hide contents

From Shruti hassan instastory :lol:

Acchi hai. Itna attention acting pe deti, toh accha hota. 

14 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

That Makoreactor guy did say that Amazon/Flipkart/Gamestheshop will soon remove this to make way for preorder banners. Let's see.

11 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

THE BANNER IS STILL THERE WITHOUT THE LATE 2020 TEXT

Yes both GTS and FK have removed Late 2020. Amazon hasnt. 

Most probably the fact that it is now not gonna be available in 2020, doesn't mean preorders are coming up soon :devil:

8 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Mako reactor guy is rishi aka slackerninja, one of the oldest members on IVG and used to be an admin.

:fear:

I wanted to say something but then you might see me next only in 2030. Pass. 

• Haha 1