Jump to content
KnackChap

The Playstation 5 thread

....  

127 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

PlayStation's secret weapon: a nearly all-automated factory

 

Fancy version of the same article with infographics

 

 

Apparently Sony has robots that can attach tiny wires and ribbon cables to connectors :surprise:

 

Also PS4 Slims are made in Japan? :O

 

Edited by PhantomShade
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, AnK said:

Yes 

It’s quite evident if Sony don’t push their PSnow game to Gamepass level they will!! loose market share 

 

& by pushing I don’t mean make it for $1 a year

that was desperate survival tactic 

 

But when PSplus picked up its game on PS3 it got huge benefit on market share leading upto PS4 

 

obviously we are not witnessing that level of jump on Xbox cos of lack of exclusives 

 

but xbox was literally forced to launch Games for Gold to keep up with PSplus popularity 

 

I think sooner or later Sony will have to offer similar content like Gamepass 

the sooner the better 

 

Is this just the usual exaggeration or we can really get gamepass subscription at $1  now  ? If it's real, that's a pretty sweet deal irrespective of what games are offered in it.  

Edited by Ne0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

I can't believe some people so stupid, who say paying 1$  for high quality AAA is a bad thing. Playing Tlou using subscription service is bad thing Lol. I seriously want game prices to go 100$, then they will see value of game pass. I give my vote for increase in game prices to 100$. Do it lol.

 

 

And game development is costly. Im surprised they still charge 60$ 

 

why :ko: ? If you've money to spare donate it to pm cares fund instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

 

Is this just the usual exaggeration or we can really get gamepass subscription at $1  now  ? If it's real, that's a pretty sweet deal irrespective of what games are offered in it.  

 

The $1 deal rolls up every few months

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

PlayStation's secret weapon: a nearly all-automated factory

 

Fancy version of the same article with infographics

 

 

Apparently Sony has robots that can attach tiny wires and ribbon cables to connectors :surprise:

 

Also PS4 Slims are made in Japan? :O

 

What I said Phantom, the Japanese geniuses won't take much time to setup their own assemblies.

In fact they already had.

So now they just need to scale it up and say fk off to China.

 

There s a lesson for Apple somewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Right said:

What I said Phantom, the Japanese geniuses won't take much time to setup their own assemblies.

In fact they already had.

So now they just need to scale it up and say fk off to China.

 

There s a lesson for Apple somewhere.

 

I wish this happens, but then Terry Gou's small army of chinese women end up being very cheap sadly.

 

Btw long ago Apple also tried to have fully automated factory of the future, but it failed, so they went the army of chinese women route.

This was in 80s or 90s with Steve Jobs afaik.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

 

I wish this happens, but then Terry Gou's small army of chinese women end up being very cheap sadly.

 

Btw long ago Apple also tried to have fully automated factory of the future, but it failed, so they went the army of chinese women route.

This was in 80s or 90s with Steve Jobs afaik.


I know only the cost is stopping these pretty robots from taking over.

But robotics will get cheaper, minimum wage will get higher or will not be sustainable to work at and there will be point when you just can’t avoid.

 

Early movers in this area will be actually doing a favour to mankind.

 

Didnt know about Apple, but they weren’t even selling 1%  of what they do now, so now is the mfking time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Right said:


I know only the cost is stopping these pretty robots from taking over.

But robotics will get cheaper, minimum wage will get higher or will not be sustainable to work at and there will be point when you just can’t avoid.

 

Early movers in this area will be actually doing a favour to mankind.

 

Didnt know about Apple, but they weren’t even selling 1%  of what they do now, so now is the mfking time.

 

Currently they need to have some production there because of

ZA LAHGE CHAI-NEES MAHKET.

Apparently the Chinese love iPhones and Macbooks, mainly for status symbol purposes, and the Cheeni Sarkar won't allow imports from Vietnam, or scam assembly factories of CKD parts from foreign countries,because of the ZA LAHGE CHAI-NEES MAHKET, they have incredible leverage.

 

So much so that they forced Nintendo to tie up with Tencent just so that Nintendo could sell Switch and 3DS in China :rofl:

Apparently in Cheeni PS4's, You can't even make non-Chinese region accounts for PSN :rofl: , so Cheeni gamers only limited to like 13 games okay'd by Chinese Censor Board

 

Anyway enough OT from me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surely 50k is the minimum expected price of PS5? Sony and MS love to do a $200 mark-up on whatever the RRP is of consoles in US. Or am I too naive in hoping, that Sony India will be perhaps little more modest, given the recent PS+ sub cuts? :samui:

 

On 7/4/2020 at 10:09 AM, WhiteWolf said:

I can't believe some people so stupid, who say paying 1$  for high quality AAA is a bad thing. Playing Tlou using subscription service is bad thing Lol. I seriously want game prices to go 100$, then they will see value of game pass. I give my vote for increase in game prices to 100$. Do it lol.

 

 

And game development is costly. Im surprised they still charge 60$ 

 

On 7/4/2020 at 10:13 AM, WhiteWolf said:

How Sony will lose market share if i can play Tlou 3 using ps now dayone?  I still have to buy PS5 to play the game. Its not like it will be on PC.

 

 

You guys not seeing how bad economy is right now. Option to play games at cheap is a good thing for all of us. Come on guys.

 

15 years of warring, some people show no growth. I've known you Zodak since Orkut days where you went to war everyday in communities for nVIDIA v AMD GPUs. A decade later, you're doing the same. I thought growing old might change perspective but no, warz are timeless, it never changes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kushagra said:

Surely 50k is the minimum expected price of PS5? Sony and MS love to do a $200 mark-up on whatever the RRP is of consoles in US. Or am I too naive in hoping, that Sony India will be perhaps little more modest, given the recent PS+ sub cuts? :samui:

 

 

 

15 years of warring, some people show no growth. I've known you Zodak since Orkut days where you went to war everyday in communities for nVIDIA v AMD GPUs. A decade later, you're doing the same. I thought growing old might change perspective but no, warz are timeless, it never changes.

 

Yes that is what we are all expecting.

there are two versions but, so expect 10k difference between both.

 

Anyway aram se, once it gets releases price, game bundles and all you can decide in peace, there are still fantastic games to play for the PS4 :)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/4/2020 at 10:24 AM, quixote_1989 said:

 

Here you go - paying 1$  for high quality AAA is a bad thing.

 

You know why? It's not because MS is doing it, but because it is not sustainable. And one has to be incredibly shallow minded not to see that.

 

Imagine OTT platforms like Netflix, Prime were the only avenues left for movie makers. Do you think you would see them coming out with big budget mega blockbusters anymore?

 

That one time money is no comparison to what a really successful game can make in it's lifetime. There won't be any motivation for R* to make a RDR2 or ND to make a TLOU2 if they all they had to count on was that GP money and/or, say, PS Now money.

 

 

Yes, if Sony starts offering PS Now at super cheap throwaway prices I (and everyone else) will definitely go for it.

Will it be a great deal- sure. But I wouldn't be silly enough to constantly brag about how amazing it is for gaming on a whole.

Forza Horizon 4 on game pass was sub par in quality?. Gears 5 and Forza  both were massive million dollar projects released dayone on game pass.

Unfortunately Gears 5 didn't hit the mark like first 3 games but it was more expensive to produce than first 3 in terms of production quality and  MS still released it on game pass as they fully committed to service.

 

Upcoming Halo Infinite is over 100 to 200m project with around 1000 people working on it, same goes for Fable and Initiative game. MS will release all on game pass dayone coz MS can afford to spend millions and still put it on subscription. They not making cheap games just to sell game pass. You will see for yourself on July 23rd.

 

You can see quality of Hell blade 2 and it's dayone game pass game. That's not how cheaply made game look. There's not a single PS5 game which looks better than Hellblade 2 at the moment.

 

 

It's f**king dumb to criticize game pass just coz its sell for cheap to consumers. You want to pay full price like a fool then go ahead there's a option to pay 60$ but this dumb argument needs to stop. Its a option and it's good for consumers. You goto any gaming forum Gaf or Era or Reddit, everyone likes Game pass, i have not seen same argument against game pass that you guys make here. PS fanboys on IVG are only people who criticize good service like Game pass. Smh.

 

 

Edited by WhiteWolf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WhiteWolf said:

Forza Horizon 4 on game pass was sub par in quality?. Gears 5 and Forza  both were massive million dollar projects released dayone on game pass.

Unfortunately Gears 5 didn't hit the mark like first 3 games but it was more expensive to produce than first 3 in terms of production quality and  MS still released it on game pass as they fully committed to service.

 

Upcoming Halo Infinite is over 100 to 200m project with around 1000 people working on it, same goes for Fable and Initiative game. MS will release all on game pass dayone coz MS can afford to spend millions and still put it on subscription. They not making cheap games just to sell game pass. You will see for yourself on July 23rd.

 

You can see quality of Hell blade 2 and it's dayone game pass game. That's not how cheaply made game look. There's not a single PS5 game which looks better than Hellblade 2 at the moment.

 

 

It's f**king dumb to criticize game pass just coz its sell for cheap to consumers. You want to pay full price like a fool then go ahead there's a option to pay 60$ but this dumb argument needs to stop. Its a option and it's good for consumers. You goto any gaming forum Gaf or Era or Reddit, everyone likes Game pass, i have not seen same argument against game pass that you guys make here. PS fanboys on IVG are only people who criticize good service like Game pass. Smh.

 

 

 

Suuure... It'll last forever. Cheers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's ignore the sustainability aspect for a while I simply don't understand why the f**k do people act like every AAA game if not available on any subscription requires full 4000INR/60USD? Have you people not heard of the concept of buying and selling games? 

 

I just got tlou2 at 3.6K from amazon. Will play it and sell it for 3.1K or 3.2K a week later. You don't own any subscription based game forever as well right? Correct me if I'm wrong. Even plus titles are unusable if you are no longer a member. I've played practically every AAA game on ps3 and ps4 (late gen games I've missed many so now clearing backlog) but I've never ever spent more than 500 to 600rs on a game even if I get it on day 1. The cycle of buying and then selling at 400 or 500rs less has been working since ages. 

 

Great games on subscription is cool and everything but please let's not f**king act that everyone out here buys 4k digital day 1 :doh:

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This gamepass service wouldn’t last for long, especially if the XSX and XSS sell well. It is simply unsustainable at least in current form.

The ploy was to keep Xbone afloat and stop people from trading in their consoles plus majority of these AAA are on MS payroll anyway or MS have funded them somehow. IIRC this idea first floated when MS was transiting to Xbox 360 to Xbone with XBL Arcade games library.

 

I am not saying Gamepass like service is bad, it is simply not possible for Sony to copy, they have much bigger big games line-up, many more studios on payroll, and some of them actually hit 200-300m Lifetime revenue mark at minimum with every game, like Naughty Dogs.

Edited by Right
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, rAgHaV said:

Let's ignore the sustainability aspect for a while I simply don't understand why the f**k do people act like every AAA game if not available on any subscription requires full 4000INR/60USD? Have you people not heard of the concept of buying and selling games? 

 

I just got tlou2 at 3.6K from amazon. Will play it and sell it for 3.1K or 3.2K a week later. You don't own any subscription based game forever as well right? Correct me if I'm wrong. Even plus titles are unusable if you are no longer a member. I've played practically every AAA game on ps3 and ps4 (late gen games I've missed many so now clearing backlog) but I've never ever spent more than 500 to 600rs on a game even if I get it on day 1. The cycle of buying and then selling at 400 or 500rs less has been working since ages. 

 

Great games on subscription is cool and everything but please let's not f**king act that everyone out here buys 4k digital day 1 :doh:

 

 

I brought Bloodborne for 4K and never sold it :fear:

Literally it is right next to me now.

Fully worth 4K though.

 

Meanwhile it is a crime to spend 4K on Gears 4 or 5.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Right said:

This gamepass service wouldn’t last for long, especially if the XSX and XSS sell well. It is simply unsustainable at least in current form.

The ploy was to keep Xbone afloat and stop people from trading in their consoles plus majority of these AAA are on MS payroll anyway or MS have funded them somehow. IIRC this idea first floated when MS was transiting to

 

I am not saying Gamepass like service is bad, it is simply not possible for Sony to copy, they have much bigger big games line-up, many more studios on payroll, and some of them actually hit 200-300m Lifetime revenue mark at minimum with every game, like Naughty Dogs.

 

You're right, GP is just emergency money hatting by MS, to get more attachment rates for xboxes or their shitty windows store on PC.

 

10 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

Forza Horizon 4 on game pass was sub par in quality?. Gears 5 and Forza  both were massive million dollar projects released dayone on game pass.

Unfortunately Gears 5 didn't hit the mark like first 3 games but it was more expensive to produce than first 3 in terms of production quality and  MS still released it on game pass as they fully committed to service.

 

Upcoming Halo Infinite is over 100 to 200m project with around 1000 people working on it, same goes for Fable and Initiative game. MS will release all on game pass dayone coz MS can afford to spend millions and still put it on subscription. They not making cheap games just to sell game pass. You will see for yourself on July 23rd.

 

You can see quality of Hell blade 2 and it's dayone game pass game. That's not how cheaply made game look. There's not a single PS5 game which looks better than Hellblade 2 at the moment.

 

 

It's f**king dumb to criticize game pass just coz its sell for cheap to consumers. You want to pay full price like a fool then go ahead there's a option to pay 60$ but this dumb argument needs to stop. Its a option and it's good for consumers. You goto any gaming forum Gaf or Era or Reddit, everyone likes Game pass, i have not seen same argument against game pass that you guys make here. PS fanboys on IVG are only people who criticize good service like Game pass. Smh.

 

 

 

Lol zodka, good you reminded me of FH4, i forgot about it during GP subscription.

Need to sub again to play FH4, Halo wars 2 and FFXV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...