The Playstation 5 thread

Dollar rate at Ps4 pro's India launch was around 67. It hovers around 75-76 right now. Rupee has depreciated as compared to other currencies too, though there is GST now. I think the overall price will end up being higher than 39k in India if it launches for $399.

24 minutes ago, AnK said:

Only a fool will buy at that price 

If a person has the money and wants to buy it, wants to play on the latest hardware and experience the advancements even if the games are less, that doesn't make her/him a fool.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

You can sell Pro for 22k and get PS5 at 18k effectively. Good luck selling Pro at anywhere near 20k next year.

I sold mine a few months ago as I anyway wasn't going to play much because of internship. And I won't mind paying a bit of premium to get Ps5 at launch, bundles and discounts won't amount to a lot. Can't see pro selling for more than 15k next year.

Edited by kunjanp

4 minutes ago, AnK said:

Same thing is effectively much cheaper abroad 

so yeah wanting latest hardware or having money is not part of the foolishness 

paying exorbitantly more just coz your government is dick is 

I bought PS3 from India for 35k 

but didn’t repeat same foolishness 

bought PS4 from Dubai & Pro from UK (luckily I was there for both launches)

so it’s better to wait for your next trip abroad 

If someone has money to buy such expensive gadget he certainly would be going atleast to nearby Asian countries once in a year or two 

(not counting current lockdown situation as it’s not everlasting)

Lol, relating having money to buy a console to having foreign trips is not logical. 

If the person has money to buy a console or have such trips, why would they wait for their next trip or price to go down? For sure they will be able to afford it anyway.

Also it's not feasible to have trips planned exactly when the console launches. They don't want to wait, that's the reason they are ready to pay a premium. Or more importantly they want warranty and service.

By your logic, anyone who buys a high end car from a German company is stupid for paying govt. taxes.  And anyone who wants to buy some computer hardware to some specific device should just plan a foreign trip.

1 minute ago, AnK said:

I said once in a “year or two” 

& clearly said not counting this current lockdown scenario as it won’t last forever 

spending upwards of 40k on something that’s 25k in real value 

is being super rich 

rich ppl going abroad is not an abnormal thought 

Time is money. One will lose time not playing while waiting for that trip. And local warranty and service means a lot which you won't have in that 25k real value.

Ps5 is gonna be an expensive purchase for me. I'll have to replace my 1080p TV and I'm planning to get an oled. At that point, gaming pc sounds like a better idea lol. 
Why not replace the TV now.. So it's easier on the pocket when PS5 comes..

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, adity said:

Ps5 is gonna be an expensive purchase for me. I'll have to replace my 1080p TV and I'm planning to get an oled. At that point, gaming pc sounds like a better idea lol. 

You need around 80k in todays day to even get a midrange gaming PC( PC here is just the box, monitor speakers are additional expense ).

For something capable of 4K 60 or even 4K 30 constant the GPU alone will cost as much as a PS5 or a PS4 Pro today.

Wait 3 years more and value proposition of PC gaming( hardware i mean ) will increase much more beyond PS5Xsx consoles.

just give a lou 2 and got bundle at launch. i am done for a couple of months[emoji106]
That bundle isn't gonna happen.. Pushing a next gen console with last gen games will be a disaster..

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, AnK said:

Same thing is effectively much cheaper abroad 

so yeah wanting latest hardware or having money is not part of the foolishness 

paying exorbitantly more just coz your government is dick is 

I bought PS3 from India for 35k 

but didn’t repeat same foolishness 

bought PS4 from Dubai & Pro from UK (luckily I was there for both launches)

so it’s better to wait for your next trip abroad 

If someone has money to buy such expensive gadget he certainly would be going atleast to nearby Asian countries once in a year or two 

(not counting current lockdown situation as it’s not everlasting)

I bought a PS4 second hand off olx for 28,000 in 2014, That too with 10 months warranty. Had to travel around 300 kms from Kerala to Tamil Nadu though.

I always buy hardware from olx. Provided it comes with bill, box and warranty. Keep an eye out and you will be surprised with the kind of deals you get.

I bought a PS4 second hand off olx for 28,000 in 2014, That too with 10 months warranty. Had to travel around 300 kms from Kerala to Tamil Nadu though.

I always buy hardware from olx. Provided it comes with bill, box and warranty. Keep an eye out and you will be surprised with the kind of deals you get.
Buying a PS second hand is actually a good idea in terms of the value proposition. Not only do you get the hardware at a cheaper price but also the games are much cheaper by then.

Also what's the status for backward compatibility of PS4 games? Should I keep them so that I can pop my disc into PS5 and play or would that not work and I can safely sell it now.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk