The Playstation 5 thread

31 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

Nothing to worry. There is something about RM and the PS5. I had a crazy free crash too. 

From what I read back last month, it's due to the game itself. Nothing to do with external storage if you also are using that. 

Thanks! I just hope that it doesn't crash again. 

I don't think I can install Spider-Man Remastered on external storage as it is PS5 only.

I haven't had issues playing PS4 games till now via external storage.

Completed God of War and most of the game time was from the external HDD.

I can't remember if it ever crashed.  

21 minutes ago, ayush12ice said:

Thanks! I just hope that it doesn't crash again. 

I don't think I can install Spider-Man Remastered on external storage as it is PS5 only.

I haven't had issues playing PS4 games till now via external storage.

Completed God of War and most of the game time was from the external HDD.

I can't remember if it ever crashed.  

Yeah I've had only one of those crashes till date and only on RM. NGL scary as f**k the way the whole console locks up and doesn't respond to the power button ???

1 hour ago, kunjanp said:

Should be out this year but who knows? They might just give it a break for other exclusives to release.

Considering their whole team i working on factions I hope they don't, would rather have their next big narrative game out sooner. Don't really care about the multiplayer.

14 minutes ago, Agent 47 said:

PS5 sorely needs a exclusive similar to Forza Horizon. It seems to be lacking in that genre.

Forza will be the primary reason for me to get an Xbox, if I ever get it

2 hours ago, Soultrader92 said:

i saw some reviews on youtube where it doesnt switchover fast enough and the console shuts down. So in that case its completely pointless.

The switchover time for APC models is good enough. It's provided in their specs as well and it is much less compared to the PS power supply hold time. In case you see this, it will be a bug not a feature, you can report it to APC customer support and they will fix it. APC support is among the best in India.

Has anyone moved from a base PS4 to the PS5? If so, did you need to re-download entire games, or do the upgrades come via smaller patches? :/

Edited by Keyofx

2 minutes ago, Keyofx said:

Has anyone moved from a base PS4 to the PS5? If so, did you need to re-download entire games, or do the upgrades come via smaller patches? :/

Wouldn't it be the same for the movement from a PS4 pro to a PS5?

35 minutes ago, Keyofx said:

Small patches, only Days Gone 25 GB patch because you will know why.. and transfer is super fast from LAN cable..

1 hour ago, abhi90 said:

Wouldn't it be the same for the movement from a PS4 pro to a PS5?

40 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

Same

Nice. I assumed the PS4 Pro versions of games were separate builds/packages that included hi-res assets, since the Pro systems could push 1440p/checkerboard 4K. 

Good thing it's all in a single package, though. That means I won't have to download RDR2 again :D

3 hours ago, Jigsaw said:

Yeah I've had only one of those crashes till date and only on RM. NGL scary as f**k the way the whole console locks up and doesn't respond to the power button ???

Mine just crashes completely. The screen freezes, and then the console just shuts itself down. 

I think one of the times, it restarted on its own. The other time, I had to turn it back on myself.

Both times, it started doing that fixing/repairing thingy once it booted up.

5 hours ago, ayush12ice said:

Mine just crashes completely. The screen freezes, and then the console just shuts itself down. 

I think one of the times, it restarted on its own. The other time, I had to turn it back on myself.

Both times, it started doing that fixing/repairing thingy once it booted up.

Same here. Although only once till date touchwood. 

IIRC it reboots on its own. From what I gather off reddit, the actual bricks happen mostly for those putting in rest mode with spidey running in the background. 

1 hour ago, Jigsaw said:

Same here. Although only once till date touchwood. 

IIRC it reboots on its own. From what I gather off reddit, the actual bricks happen mostly for those putting in rest mode with spidey running in the background. 

So whats the best way for charging controllers & downloading games? I've always done both on rest mode on the ps4, especially downloading games/updates since its much quicker in rest mode than when switched on. 

15 minutes ago, SneakyFunk said:

So whats the best way for charging controllers & downloading games? I've always done both on rest mode on the ps4, especially downloading games/updates since its much quicker in rest mode than when switched on. 

Yes. Rest mode is currently risky until a patch comes out. 

And exactly why I snagged a few extras as backup last week.