The Playstation 5 thread

4 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

lol i read something about wolfenstein new colossus that led me to not buying it .

Hide contents

They behead BJ :ranting:

You should play the game, it's not what you think.

4 hours ago, -13- said:

?

PS - Much respect to Linus for owning up to his mistake.

Watched the show where talks smack.... he came off as a massive PC elitist. Also compared a $3000 SSD stack in RAID 0 against the PS5 SSD.

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

Watched the show where talks smack.... he came off as a massive PC elitist. Also compared a $3000 SSD stack in RAID 0 against the PS5 SSD.

The guy is a shill who promotes high end PC parts that most people can't afford, that alone cost more than PS5 or Xbone.

What else do you expect.

People on the PCMR sub-reddit unironically worship this shill twink.

The guy really thinks consoomer SSDs can compete with something from a company that has a 40 year tradition of "innovation" and trying all experimental and edgy things in their products :rofl:

If this was the old moneyed Sony you'd bet the CPU-GPU would not be x86 and AMD but some obscure and custom GPU + arcane CPU architecture altogether.

• Like 1

Still credit where credit is due, I did not expect him to come out and correct his mistake. Most PCMR fanboys have extremely fragile ego lol. He also explained how SSD and dedicated I/O chip combo can be a game-changer better than anyone else, including Cerny who couldn't do it in 50 min :lol: 

24 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Still credit where credit is due, I did not expect him to come out and correct his mistake. 

He's Canadian. Simple as that.

Still, I worship this man like a god, if there's any new tech out, this is the first place I go. 

20 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

He's Canadian. Simple as that.

Still, I worship this man like a god, if there's any new tech out, this is the first place I go. 

If you could make God bleed, people would cease to believe in Him. There will be blood in the water, the sharks will come.

- Ivan Vanko, Iron Man 2.

Wow my respect for Linus has gone up. Trolling and piling on hate is easy but it takes real guts to admit your mistake. 

I've even noticed that even among the people who admit their mistakes most will just post a comment somewhere on a forum thread or a twitter reply that gets hidden. This guy went and made another video about it so all his followers could see it. He even educated his base as to where he went wrong what was different in the PS5. Seriously, this is how you do it. :majesty:

Edited by dylanjosh

18 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Duka86p.png

Twitch ad leaked it by accident lol.

This is highly unlikely to happen. All companies will just keep putting up placeholder dates, which will keep changing again and again. As you said, the leak was an "accident" and will most likely remain so.

For actual announcement to occur, at least sime semblance of Law and Order has to return, and the marketing dept. must feel that ads and reveals will have some effect. This is highly unlikely by 11th.

Worst come worst, they might cancel tge reveal and reveal from Europe on Gamescom dates (Sometime in August)

46 minutes ago, roun90 said:

This is highly unlikely to happen. All companies will just keep putting up placeholder dates, which will keep changing again and again. As you said, the leak was an "accident" and will most likely remain so.

For actual announcement to occur, at least sime semblance of Law and Order has to return, and the marketing dept. must feel that ads and reveals will have some effect. This is highly unlikely by 11th.

Worst come worst, they might cancel tge reveal and reveal from Europe on Gamescom dates (Sometime in August)

No way they will postpone until August.

Lots of other reveals like EA play, etc I believe are waiting for this to happen so they can show of extended reveals may be?

Either that date is true or Sony just drops the hour long conference on YouTube and PS blogpost