The Playstation 5 thread

21 minutes ago, VamosReva said:

I’m on the same boat. 

Sold my PS4 in October, hoping we could at least get a PS5 by December. 

I sold my PS4 Pro in July after finishing Sushma. Imagine my condition. BC Sony :ranting:

16 minutes ago, abhi90 said:

What about us peeps without a backup:cry:

Damn it, I can't even imagine what will I do if it ends up getting cancelled, I seriously can't wait another month for the next slot. I really needed a new Phone so there's that

26 minutes ago, SkinTightTuna said:

I think maybe amazon overbooked and now they are squeezing sony to get units. And are shipping out randomly as soon as they become available.

Mine is still being sourced out. All hope on fk now that they somehow delivers tomorrow 

17 minutes ago, kittoo said:

Possible. But they've only shipped very very few till now (only 1 example here and on reditt), which seems much lower than even Vijay sales. Something if off.

Logistics don't and can't work this way. Sony can't keep "slipping" them few SKUs every hour for dispatch. I am sure there must be other reasons for the delay. 

Do you guys use LAN cable with your PS5 or run on WiFI? Does it matter during initial setup?
Depends on what router you use. Cable is better if your router isn't all that great. I'll be using cable.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

Just now, Soultrader92 said:

Depends on what router you use. Cable is better if your router isn't all that great. I'll be using cable.

I use a TP Link Archer C60. I'll be using a LAN cable for sure cause entire PS3 gen i used LAN cable even when it had wifi in-built. i just wanted to know for initial setup if it matters.

Will get a good CAT6 cable..should be enough

3 minutes ago, Soultrader92 said:

Same. Just ordered a short 3 feet cable as the PS5 will be close to the satellite mesh.

I use a TP Link Archer C60. I'll be using a LAN cable for sure cause entire PS3 gen i used LAN cable even when it had wifi in-built. i just wanted to know for initial setup if it matters.

Will get a good CAT6 cable..should be enough
Initial setup is pretty small so no problem with wifi at all.

Same. Just ordered a short 3 feet cable as the PS5 will be close to the satellite mesh.
I was planning on keeping it plugged in with the lan cable the whole time, but recently someone posted in this thread - how during a lightning strike, even though their console was unplugged from power, it got fried because the surge travelled through the lan cable to the console.

Even a surge protector hooked upto your ps5 won't protect from that.