The Xbox Series X|S thread

1 hour ago, HundredProofSam said:

Series S is actually a very interesting proposition at $299.

I'm pretty sure Microsoft will make sure all its first party games are optimised for X and S. For me Xbox is pretty much just a Forza Horizon box so if it can do FH4 and future FH games 4K60 (even if its upscaled well), I'd be very tempted at that price, colour and form factor. And then Game Pass games would be a bonus. PS5 will be my primary console for third party games anyway.

But my worry would be for people who will buy only one console and go for the Series S. I'm not sure how much time/effort third parties will put into optimising for Xbox One, Series S and Series X. We might just see Series S just getting straight Xbox One ports. But then again, if Series S sells exceedingly well (which it could at this price), then thirds parties might have more incentive to optimise.

Up until now I was thinking of PS5 at launch and Series X 6 months down the line. Now I'm seriously considering Series S at launch too.

I kind of disagree, a hardcore gamer will probably not be buying a S, and even if he does he/she will know the tradeoff.

It is for casual gamers and for kids, they won't mind the trade off, for them it is a console which plays latest games, period. And if S is able to do so play latest games at 1080p at steady 60 fps, it's cool, hell it's cool even if it can do 1080p/30fps. The audience it is looking at won't care. Also don't forget it will play all the old games right off the box, so for some one just getting into gaming, he can hardly ask for anything better.

M$ now need to get games on the table.

I am definitely getting a series S. 
It will be a perfect secondary console to enjoy throwaway gamepass games and stream 4K content.

MS probably know this is the only way to sell Xbox and get people into their ecosystem.

2 minutes ago, HundredProofSam said:

There are other factors at play as well. Xbox One X was also more powerful than PS4 Pro, but people still bought more of the the PS4 Pro. Also, very few people buy a console with third party games in mind.

Besides, I doubt the performance gap between Xbox Series X and PS5 will be that noticeable to the naked eye. It wont be noticeable to people like me. DF videos are so pointless for me. Most of the time their side-by-side comparions all look same to me :rofl2:

This.

DF feeds unhealthy Gamer  obsession.

DF is good for industry yes, but not good for gamer and wallet.

Plus, This eerie feeling of getting subpar experience creeps into the mind and effects our enjoyment.

4 minutes ago, HundredProofSam said:

Pretty much this. It's a Game Pass box. Which is why it's weird that they don't have a higher capacity SSD. I'm sure a sizeable part of that 512 GB will be taken up by OS and system apps.

make some more money on top of 299$ by selling cerified hard disks, lot of people will buy them.