The Xbox Series X|S thread

4 hours ago, HundredProofSam said:

By price premium I'm referring to just the difference between Indian price and US price converted into INR. Not taking other factors into account

sJFQ87P.jpg

Maybe you have a bundle that's why yours says 47,990. Launch price was 44,990

Good one Sam, but in US 90% of the place you will have tax which is approx 8%. So that is around 40$ (~3000 INR) more for Series X and 24$ (~1800 INR) for Series S. So technically i am paying 10K more for Series X, and throw in the usual discounts on cards, you would be able to get it for 48.5K at launch. Well priced indeed.

BC don't wanna sell my gears LE console, but CEX is offering 25,900 for it. Thinking if i should just bite the bullet and sell it, though i am hardly looking to play any game on either of the new console immediately. Guess will hold on for the price to fall more, during maybe new year/x mas sale on amazon, and then give it a thought.

1 hour ago, Right said:

Yeah, I totally had brain fade. I thought thats only X.

But I really like to compare fidelity. OneX ran it with 4k@60fps, it feels unreliable that S can do 1/2 of 4K that is 1440@120 with same details.

120 mode is for multiplayer only and its not 4k120 on any console. They compromising graphics to achieve 120 in multiplayer

Campaign is Ultra PC graphics settings at  native 4k60 on Series X and 1080p/1440p60 Ultra PC graphics settings on series S and Medium/high Dynamic 4k60 on One X

Edited by WhiteWolf

The All Access price for Telstra customers

Xbox Series S – $33 AUD a month (for 24 months) - Min cost $792 ($575 USD) when you stay connected for 24 months plus your plan charges.

Xbox Series X – $46 AUD a month (for 24 months) - Min cost $1,104 ($800 USD) when you stay connected for 24 months plus your plan charges.

10 minutes ago, Django_3101 said:

Yeah. well there is a trade-in offer from EB games, $399 AUD for Series X (if you trade Xbox 1 X) and $299 AUD for Series S(if you trade Xbox 1 S)

That's pretty good offers for trade-in. 

Preorder online only from 22nd September.

7 hours ago, Right said:

I would like to see Gears/Battlefield/CoD running on S, if its Solid 30fps with same fidelity....it will be a  perfect thing alongside 5.

EA Play PC games

https://www.ea.com/ea-play/games-ea-play

EA Play Xbox games

https://www.ea.com/ea-play/games-xbox-one

Series S cpu is better than the ps5 if you didnt know ,dont know why you are expecting 30 fps for cod ,bf etc .

Series S fps will be same series X .

Looking at these prices, getting it from abroad will be the best option. But these things are huge specially if the PS5 is priced at a premium here getting that from abroad is going to be a pain. Same goes for xbox x.
Some people have done the maths. It's apparently cheaper to travel to Singapore and buy it from there and come back then buying it in India.

Trip to Singapore includes return tickets and visa. Though if you factor in hotel cost it might become costlier.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

Some people have done the maths. It's apparently cheaper to travel to Singapore and buy it from there and come back then buying it in India.

Trip to Singapore includes return tickets and visa. Though if you factor in hotel cost it might become costlier.

Not factoring in 14 day quarantine cost?  :P 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

Series S cpu is better than the ps5 if you didnt know ,dont know why you are expecting 30 fps for cod ,bf etc .

Backing up

Shooters will be surely 60fps+ min and up to 120fps. 

• Like 1

Not factoring in 14 day quarantine cost?  [emoji14] 
Isint that borne by the Singapore government? Plus I imagine Singapore quarantine centers would be as good as hotels.

So free stay there, buy and come back the same day. [emoji14]

3 minutes ago, adity said:

Yeah number of cores, size, quality of the silicon everything matters and this dude is comparing just ghz. 

Funny thing is, it doesn't take 2 min to google what SMT is and how it works. Yet people chose to believe these insiders in a heartbeat. Like this chump for eg (thanks to Dusk Golem tweets)..

Its incredible how gullible the fanbase is :rofl: 

47 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

Because of this.

15 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

It's really really funny how suddenly TFs are not important anymore and CPU is the most important aspect.

I am having a trouble understanding that an underpowered (1/3rd GPU) will able to provide same graphical fidelity with half resolution but same FPS when compared to the Rich Brother Mr X.

Not just that S claims to be doing same/better than OneX.

How is it possible without any trade-offs on detailing? We really need to see games side by side on X & S.

23 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Funny thing is, it doesn't take 2 min to google what SMT is and how it works. Yet people chose to believe these insiders in a heartbeat. Like this chump for eg (thanks to Dusk Golem tweets)..

Its incredible how gullible the fanbase is :rofl: 

Full convo. Whole fanbase is filled with chomus20200910_101340.jpg:rofl::rofl: