The Xbox Series X|S thread

https://www.ampereanalysis.com/insight/microsoft-strengthens-its-console-market-competitive-positioning-with-xbox-series-s-move

https://www.ampereanalysis.com/insight/microsoft-is-firing-on-all-cyclinders-for-next-gen-console-launch

According to analysis. 

Series console to sell around 3-4m at launch and PS5 5-6m.

By 2024 - PS5 65m and Series consoles 45m.

Edited by WhiteWolf

3 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

IF MS had even half of exclusives of what sony has , sony would have been in real trouble right now. No exclusives is what XBOX lacks. Hope things turn around in next 4 years.

If they are smart and market it well, Series S will be a game changer. But the thing is, they dont have any proofs to their claim. Its all in Air and PR BS. Series X is powerfull but nothing is shown to warrant it. Series S is 60fps at 1440p? Lol i say. Show the proof. 

Hope they arent fooling the fools again.

Gears/Forza/Halo are still Xbox exclusives. Yes, available on PC but they are under MS Windows. Not available on PlayStation. 

Though they should expand outside trio and make some blockbuster games. Nobody is going to buy console for games like Grounded or State of Decay. 

24 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Gears/Forza/Halo are still Xbox exclusives. Yes, available on PC but they are under MS Windows. Not available on PlayStation. 

Though they should expand outside trio and make some blockbuster games. Nobody is going to buy console for games like Grounded or State of Decay. 

They are doing that with Avowed and fable reimagination, new Initiative game and Inexile game.  Games will start showing up from 2022 onwards.

Yes, you laugh at fable based on what Lionhead did with Fable in past ignoring the fact PGs are not Lionhead. 

Edited by WhiteWolf

13 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Any serious exclusives will take years to get developed.

MS are banking on multi-plats. Cheap as possible system + cheap as possible service. Whoever wants a Destiny machine or NBA/Fifa/COD/AC etc etc machine will get this. 

Ya for 2020 launch they banking on marketing deals with 3rd party and timed exclusives like Yakuza like dragon, Medium, Ascent  and Cross fire X campaign which Xbox only for 2020, Its not even on pc at launch. And finally you have Game pass with EA games. Best deal in gaming. 

And for 2021 same as above with timed exclusives and Halo if its ready.

Man i wish Flight Simulator was ready for seriesX at launch.  It will come next year. Its not a game that many would play but great tech showcase for hardware. 

Edited by WhiteWolf

1 hour ago, dylanjosh said:

Any serious exclusives will take years to get developed.

MS are banking on multi-plats. Cheap as possible system + cheap as possible service. Whoever wants a Destiny machine or NBA/Fifa/COD/AC etc etc machine will get this. 

I'm in a similar boat, was considering building a PC but unless I find a use for it beyond gaming and work that's possible to do on my laptop I can't justify spending 1-1.2L for a future proof setup.

I just hope they don't take too long to bring Flight Simulator 2020 to the Series X/S. That's one of the games that I've been most excited for.

the US pricing is awesome......lol @ the indian pricing.

Its worth it if you intend playing the games on game pass....but upgrading the SSD seems like a PITA....paying 220$ for a 1 TB ssd sounds retarded to me :loco: 

Now sony....its upto you....please don't price the console beyond 499$ 

21 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

What was this dude thinking? That a 500 dollar console will cost 35-40k here?

He calls himself a reviewer but is this the first time he is buying a console? 400 dollar pro and 500 dollar one X were priced similarly here, what did he expect?

Granted the series S price is a burn here, but Series X is priced as expected.