The Xbox Series X|S thread

4 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Sony doesn't have to "counter" imo. This has only levelled the playing field. Sony's exclusives are good enough. 

But they will

4 minutes ago, HundredProofSam said:

Now what's left is for Sony to announce they buying WB and then we're really talking

Reveal hidden contents

and bluepoint, housemarque, Kojima productions

Holy sh*t :panic: :panic:

That is what we want MS. Some competition. 

Xbox got instant games now. Make it a point to keep bethesda games exclusive now.

Sony doesnt need to worry, they dont have that kind of money. They need to do what they are doing right now which is make quality games. 

1 minute ago, adity said:

And also be less cocky. Don't increase prices of games, give solid release dates, clarity on BC games. 

Price increase isnt sony specific. Would rather take delay than a solid release date if the game benefits, yes BC clarity is needed. 

1 minute ago, adity said:

Give Halo to Doom team. They're masters of FPS gaming. 343 leadership must sh*ting bricks rn lol. 

Agree, masters of fps for Halo series, but i think the feel of gears games are similar to what they achieved in the new doom games. They can really blow the lid off of this stagnating franchise.

4 minutes ago, adity said:

PS games are amazing. Won't deny that. But it doesn't make a ton of sense to make PS main platform anymore. Could just keep one for FP games. Don't even have to get one immediately since until GOW, I'm not seeing a must have ps5 exclusive. Can always get one DE second hand for 20k 2 years later. 

Horizon 2, GT7,Ratchet is enough to warrant a ps5 purchase next year. But again, you may not be interested in those games then Nope. 

Hold the next gen purchase right now is the best thing. Lets see how it pans out. 

Edited by hope

6 minutes ago, adity said:

There is Machine Games too. Don't forget them. Also made some absolutely stunning games with the new Wolf Games. Also the Wolf series really seems to be struggling with making money. 

They are good to but they kinda took a step back with wolf 2...

2 minutes ago, adity said:

HFW is coming to ps4. Ratchet not a must buy for me. Don't play Sim racers so Forza Horizon >>> GT7. 

f**k I can't believe I might become an xbot. 

Bet Sony are really cursing themselves for announcing those games for PS4 as well :bounce:

6 minutes ago, gamer_adi said:

They are good to but they kinda took a step back with wolf 2...

Bet Sony are really cursing themselves for announcing those games for PS4 as well :bounce:

Sony needs to curse itself for a lot of things with the preorder fiasco, but announce cross gen games isnt one reason.

Though Jim Ryan f**king lied outright, and that is ridiculous. Seems like he is a corporate clown like Mattrick or Spencer. Whatever goodwill Shawn Layden and Yoshida built this guy will drag across the mud.

3 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:
  • MS is paying $7.5 billion in cash for ZeniMax Media
  • Game Pass has reached 15m subscribers and is growing
  • Microsoft has now 23 studios
  • Bethesda's future games will be on GP on launch day

Just bring current gen games too. Though most of them already are.

Are there any great XBOX exclusive games that I can't play on PC (or aren't ported well to PC)?

Also, can FPS like gears/halo etc be played with controller on PC (SP only, no MP). I'm more a lean back and play with controller person now than sit upclose and play with mouse/kbd.

I'm planning to build a PC anyways for general hobby development usage, and will surely get PS5. So, I need to decide whether to get a good GPU for the PC or buy XBOX instead.

4 minutes ago, Shantz said:

Are there any great XBOX exclusive games that I can't play on PC (or aren't ported well to PC)?

Not really, no. Used to be Halo stuff but entire MCC is available now. Halo 5 isn't there but not great compared to rest of the Halo games.

5 minutes ago, Shantz said:

Also, can FPS like gears/halo etc be played with controller on PC (SP only, no MP). I'm more a lean back and play with controller person now than sit upclose and play with mouse/kbd.

Yes. 

• Thanks 1