The Xbox Series X|S thread

45 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Assume its happening so when it does, you won't be shocked.

Isnt Sega Sammy a public company, so MS will need to announce their intent to buy before making the deal right?

Lol
it could have 
but not after M$ buying out Media houses

Sony would want PS5 install base to be as high as possible before M$’s first party is ready with their games 

Sony can’t handle ESVI missing their platform & Xbox will be sky high if that time comes

Sony hasn’t made a convincing argument about ps5 ... no info on backward compatibility just that 99% games work ... no free upgrade path like Microsoft has done with gears and forza ... increased game prices ....already selling remastered of older games ... ps5 games comin to PS4....meanwhile Microsoft has been making positive sounds ..
Let’s see will decide near launch but more inclined to go with xsx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Sony hasn’t made a convincing argument about ps5 ... no info on backward compatibility just that 99% games work ... no free upgrade path like Microsoft has done with gears and forza ... increased game prices ....already selling remastered of older games ... ps5 games comin to PS4....meanwhile Microsoft has been making positive sounds ..
Let’s see will decide near launch but more inclined to go with xsx

Maybe I missed it between all the big news over the past week, but do we have any Xbox Series X gameplay footage yet ? Of any first or third party game ?

While Sony has been mum over BC and upgrade path, MS is the other way around. IIRC all we've seen is Halo Infinite running on PC emulating an XSX and Dirt 5 gameplay with XSS.

Edited by gecko89

14 minutes ago, Snake said:

Isnt Sega Sammy a public company, so MS will need to announce their intent to buy before making the deal right?

Yeah they do. But they can go from that to finalizing it pretty quickly. Media wont get blindsided like with Zenimax.

1 minute ago, adity said:

Different countries have different rules so I don't know if it'll hold for Japan. 

Japan also has a law about foreign companies buying local companies, but anything can happen when you have money....

23 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:
DF detailed reviews coming soon too 

the only media impression that counts 

Good that they gave them the expansion card too. Thats a key component of the offering and any impressions on it before plunging 200 odd dollars on it is most welcome.