The Xbox Series X|S thread

Amazon is in gaming from quite sometime. They have 3 internal game studios, one of them is working on MMO for PC. (Likely mobile & console too)
Amazon recently sent 2 of their first party titles in the lumber Yard..

A released game was pulled back into production have you seen that before?

While amazon also had a lot of money at their disposal but its gonna have same issues like microsoft that is creating their on top tier first party studios..

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, sobbii said:

While amazon also had a lot of money at their disposal but its gonna have same issues like microsoft that is creating their on top tier first party studios..

Crucible is on a reverse timeline like something from Tenet. First it had official release, followed by a beta, followed by active development. By this time next year it'll be in preproduction.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

I guess people at MS don’t realize games is art. You can throw all the money you want, but if the artists are not given their freedom and space, it will all go to waste.

Forget that I hope the xbots realise that Bethesda only makes sp games.. Although no where the quality of Sony first title but the same kind of games they had been mocking all these years for Sony to be making..

Pata nahi itna doglapan kaha se laate hai..

• Like 1

Just now, sobbii said:

Forget that I hope the xbots realise that Bethesda only makes sp games.. Although no where the quality of Sony first title but the same kind of games they had been mocking all these years for Sony to be making..

Pata nahi itna doglapan kaha se laate hai..

The best joke is a certain person is giving competition to veterans like Zodkesh, Triggr, the late WK, etc just because of GAMEPASS GAMEPASS GAMEPASS :rofl:

Hadd hoti hai bc

• Haha 1

The best joke is a certain person is giving competition to veterans like Zodkesh, Triggr, the late WK, etc just because of GAMEPASS GAMEPASS GAMEPASS :rofl:
Hadd hoti hai bc
Haha came out of nowhere hai na? [emoji23]

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Hadd hoti hai bc

Haha yes lots of Xcave Xtrolls have come out of hiding with hope. 

Some of the venom they spew is ridiculous and toxic. They look new, but when you check their profiles, they are from 2008-2011. Golden era of Xbox.

The personal abuse one of them threw at Adity, even made my blood boil.

At lest the ps trolls have a sense of humor. 

Edited by kmkaks
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, kmkaks said:

I guess people at MS don’t realize games is art. You can throw all the money you want, but if the artists are not given their freedom and space, it will all go to waste.

There needs to be healthy balance of freedom and "soft" oversight. I'm sure Sony also has some kind of oversight. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sobbii said:

I don't think Amazon can ever become anywhere close to MS even with literally infinite resources at their disposal. xCloud on Jio will make it the cloud gaming service with highest reach which cannot be topped.

But they will try to create that killer app which will get people in their fold. 

MS is struggling today because when things started moving for them, they switched to Kinect. Then Bungie took off, Lionhead fell, Rare was screwed somewhere...this was just Don Mattrics then came in Spencer who put PG on Fable.

The problem with MS is that it always wanted to be a publisher, it took that 30% they were getting for publishing, for granted. It worked  in one generation because they had larger install base but model fell apart when console didn't sell much.

13 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

There needs to be healthy balance of freedom and "soft" oversight. I'm sure Sony also has some kind of oversight. 

Of course, but you must agree Sony has managed auteur level talents like Cory Balrog and Neil Druckman, pretty well without interfering in their work. No forced monetizing schemes, locked content or crappy game modes.

You go and play God of War and last of us first:spank:

Edited by kmkaks
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, kmkaks said:

Of course, but you must agree Sony has managed auteur level talents like Cory Balrog and Neil Druckman, pretty well without interfering in their work. No forced monetizing schemes, locked content or crappy game modes.

Yes! I 100% agree. This is why I said "soft" oversight. You need someone in charge who's 

1. Realyl good at finding talent

1. Really good at people skills 

2. Really good at management

3. Knows when to let developers just do their thing (eg Journey) but also to reign in anything getting too far gone

It's not a coincidence that they've been able to deliver such high quality stuff consistently. 

I don't know who this Kevin Fiege-like person is in Sony. Maybe @KnackChap knows since I feel like he keeps an eye on these Sony things.

But I know MS lacking someone like this and they desperatly need this. 

Edited by dylanjosh
  • Like 1

Hadd hoti hai bc

Living in someone’s head rent free [emoji23][emoji23].. it’s awesome !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes! I 100% agree. This is why I said "soft" oversight. You need someone in charge who's 

1. Realyl good at finding talent

1. Really good at people skills 

2. Really good at management

3. Knows when to let developers just do their thing (eg Journey) but also to reign in anything getting too far gone

It's not a coincidence that they've been able to deliver such high quality stuff consistently. 

I don't know who this Kevin Fiege-like person is in Sony. Maybe [mention=4]KnackChap[/mention] knows since I feel like he keeps an eye on these Sony things.

But I know MS lacking someone like this and they desperatly need this. 

It's not like sony hasn't had misfires..

Its just that Sony has learned along the way the giving freedom works in the interest of game dev more often thn not..

Barlog has said it a lot of times that they would meet he would let me do this and I will cut this stuff out but later on make all of it and woo Sony.

Stuff like this helps confidence and keeps devs motivated to give their best.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Right said:

I don't think Amazon can ever become anywhere close to MS even with literally infinite resources at their disposal. xCloud on Jio will make it the cloud gaming service with highest reach which cannot be topped.

But they will try to create that killer app which will get people in their fold. 

MS is struggling today because when things started moving for them, they switched to Kinect. Then Bungie took off, Lionhead fell, Rare was screwed somewhere...this was just Don Mattrics then came in Spencer who put PG on Fable.

The problem with MS is that it always wanted to be a publisher, it took that 30% they were getting for publishing, for granted. It worked  in one generation because they had larger install base but model fell apart when console didn't sell much.

Just another point to add to this. The Amazon culture ain't that great. It's a bit ruthless in terms of delivery and prioritizing and is definitely not something conducive to creative freedom. They are great at shipping software or developing technology, but you need to have an artistic vision to make games. 

MS is reasonably better than Amazon. Sony is in a different league altogether.

54 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

Just another point to add to this. The Amazon culture ain't that great. It's a bit ruthless in terms of delivery and prioritizing and is definitely not something conducive to creative freedom. They are great at shipping software or developing technology, but you need to have an artistic vision to make games. 

MS is reasonably better than Amazon. Sony is in a different league altogether.

And Nintendo isn't even playing the same game :lol:

• Haha 1

This particular one is Trigger 
but do you think anyone cares about Trigger & Zodak’s two faced observations [emoji38] 

this new guy is no less 
he keeps on babbling about not caring about MNC MNC MNC 

but is downright defending Xbox brand in every nook of the corner

any I believe in healthy discussions & proving everyone how wrong they are & how right I am 

so no personal remarks from me 
I don’t even mention any particular member in my posts unless replaying to a personal comment 

Idk why I suddenly remember that tu kidhar rehta hai Patna main na dikhata hu tujhe guy while reading this comment lmao..