The Xbox Series X|S thread

PS5 and Xbox Series X GPU Gap Doesn’t Really Have a Development Impact – DiRT 5 Dev

From development and gameplay perspectives, it doesn’t really have an impact. When it comes to tuning, tweaking and optimizations at the end of a game, it might mean slightly less work for one platform

Of course, it’s worth noting that on top of all that, multiplatform developers will also have to keep the Xbox Series S’ much less powerful GPU in mind, which means the gap between the PS5 and Xbox Series X is going to end up being irrelevant.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Yeah resolution wars are done as far next generation consoles are concerned. 

Its about graphics details and effects, frame rate and loadtimes and above all content. 

Both consoles will easily achieve 4k.

3 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Of course, If your objective is to make Dirty looking games like Dirt5, then won’t have any development impact.

I still can’t believe they are releasing a game which looks slightly better than Asphalt 9 on mobile.

45 minutes ago, Right said:

Of course, If your objective is to make Dirty looking games like Dirt5, then won’t have any development impact.

I still can’t believe they are releasing a game which looks slightly better than Asphalt 9 on mobile.

Come on, it doesn't look that bad. All previews including DF video called it a good looking cross gen game. Watching compressed 1080p footage will not show you every detail. 

13 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

DF are always diplomatic, even if something was bad on either PS or Xbox, they'd mellow it down and say 'ohh, sure it's not great, but it's not that bad, it's good'.

Pretty much every outlet said it looks good, it doesn't look next gen but its not a mobile game either. It will be a good game regardless what u guys think. 

And DF not always diplomatic, they are many time very harsh on both Xbox and  PS games. I can show u certain videos where they just super harsh on stuff. 

Edited by WhiteWolf

25 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

DF are always diplomatic, even if something was bad on either PS or Xbox, they'd mellow it down and say 'ohh, sure it's not great, but it's not that bad, it's good'.

DF are British folks. They are master of insults and sarcasms. But one has to be bright enough to understand that. :P

"Leadbutter" -- Even the Lead is served with butter.

27 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Pretty much every outlet said it looks good, it doesn't look next gen but its not a mobile game either. It will be a good game regardless what u guys think. 

And DF not always diplomatic, they are many time very harsh on both Xbox and  PS games. I can show u certain videos where they just super harsh on stuff. 

Been following them for about 6 years now and I can say their 'harsh' is not harsh enough. As for dirt, I'll keep saying it looks bad, it might turn out to be a good game but even for cross gen it looks quite bad imo, or at least what we've seen so far and we've seen a lot of dirt 5. I mean Forza on last gen hardware looks years ahead.

8 minutes ago, Right said:

DF are British folks. They are master of insults and sarcasms. But one has to be bright enough to understand that. :P

"Leadbutter" -- Even the Lead is served with butter.

That's good and all. But I'd rather someone says things as they are. Also, who else is British apart from Richard?

7 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

That's good and all. But I'd rather someone says things as they are. Also, who else is British apart from Richard?

Tom & Will too are Britons.

You need to understand how they say things. They are suave so don’t expect to go berserk but their tone says all they want to.

Edited by Right

7 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

Already posted few pages back.. but I am still tripping on the fact that they actually made one and embraced the Memes :majesty: It does look like a Badass fridge.. 

Well, if you can't beat them, join them. MS PR has been on point many times recently.