The Xbox Series X|S thread

15 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

I mean technically speaking its not a false statement, if you calculate DFs time taken to load, its 39% I think.

Sure the difference in units is just over 1 second, not something to brag about. But think about proper next gen games and games in mid/later-gen with assets of much bigger size, that 35-39% could turn out to be much more than few seconds.

But isn't the same logic valid for 20-30% advantage XSX has in terms of GPU? With next gen games with much higher fidelity and complex level design, especially the games 3-4 years down the line when developers will be milking every drop of performance from the systems, that advantage can certainly stretch for more than 3-5 fps.

Honestly, we can't just assume till the time we actually see the games performing.

Both Ps5 and XSX have their strengths and both will use them to their advantage. Too early to call anything.

• Like 1

Just now, kunjanp said:

But isn't the same logic valid for 20-30% advantage XSX has in terms of GPU? With next gen games with much higher fidelity and complex level design, especially the games 3-4 years down the line when developers will be milking every drop of performance from the systems, that advantage can certainly stretch for more than 3-5 fps.

Honestly, we can't just assume till the time we actually see the games performing.

Both Ps5 and XSX have their strengths and both will use them to their advantage. Too early to call anything.

True. 20% advantage was on paper, we haven't seen that much difference yet, at least not on DFs analysis of DMC5:SE. But I agree, XSX should keep the lead it had on performance going forward too.

1 hour ago, speeddemon said:

Bro don't get your panties wet just yet, let some true next gen multi plats come out then we will see, if you have any knowledge of how PC hardware works then you know what i am saying.

Its good the gap isn't much as i will not feel a big difference now when i play on both my next gen systems. Still feel the Xbox SX has the upper hand in Hardware Power.

It will be minuscle difference between the 2 just like Checkerboard 4k and Native 4k.

True next gen games on Xbox :roflroll:When will it come though :lol:

11 minutes ago, AnK said:

It won’t be as big a difference this time 

as PS4 had over XBone 

certainly not as astonishingly big difference as OneX had over Pro

that was a much more expensive & high tech machine in comparison 

This time it’ll be mostly about 8% frames & maybe slightly better Dynamic Resolution 

True. And Sony has gotten much better with upscaling, its not just checkerboard rendering like FF15 back in Pro.

Looking at Demon's Souls DF video yesterday with devs, I'd any day pick upscaled dynamic 4K60fps over Native 4K30fps.

Edited by gecko89
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

I want to co-op Gears! Be sure to ask me when you play.

Gears 1 was legendary. I remember when I just used to watch review videos and drool when it came out on 360 -

Gears1 doesn't get enough credit for building brand of Xbox360

Though it normalized use of piss filter in the games, actually made it trendy....

1 hour ago, AnK said:

Gears 1-3 were the most awesome taste for a pure shooting game I’ve ever had 

Epic games were nuts to take this franchise to M$ 

& then sold it too 

They could have made much more money had they launched on PS/PC/Nintendo (now) 

Lol Epic had no way of knowing the status of the console market 8 years down the line. PS3 was delayed by at least 1 year, and was more expensive. Original plan of Gears was for it to be multi-plat. But Epic could not wait 1 extra year with 0 income while still paying salaries. So they released on 360. It became a massive success. MS offered very generous money and terms to acquire it. So Epic sold it. As a company, it was a good decision.

Playstation lost a ton because of their delay by 1 year. It took a lot of efforts, including creating multiple new 90+ meta IPs to get it back. Hence, from then on - you can see that all consoles try to ensure that they release as close to competition as possible. No more 1 year delays (Except in India)

Edited by roun90

1 minute ago, Snake said:

nope

I could see it available for December 30th but it went out of stock within seconds. It still says its available for other regions. I'm in Bangalore.

Edit: Gone now.

Edited by gecko89

9 hours ago, 0verlord said:

Holy sh@t! Just received a message that my XSX is ‘out for delivery’. Ordered on 9th Nov, receiving today! Will share pics once I get it! 

You mean you ordered on 9th Midnight, right? (9th-10th midnight). What was the expected date it was showing to you, and when did the status changed to 'Shipped'? 
Also can you share your city, just to get an idea of the logistics 

You mean you ordered on 9th Midnight, right? (9th-10th midnight). What was the expected date it was showing to you, and when did the status changed to 'Shipped'? 
Also can you share your city, just to get an idea of the logistics 

He ordered from Flipkart... not from Amazon midnight order I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1