The Xbox Series X|S thread

17 hours ago, AnK said:

360 Launch :- 1999-2249 

Ps3 Launch:- 2499-2799

PS4/XBone Launch:- 3499

PS4Pro Launch:- 3999

PS5 Launch:- 4999

(Didn’t count OneX or SeriesX cos they have no games & the old trio Gears/Halo/Forza are on GP now) 

anyone who is cribbing about price rise in AAA now!!! at this time ignoring the trend over the generation is obviously ignorant to the obvious 

(or is an Xbot promoting GamesPass)

Subscription model is not bad & I want to promote that too 

but the collective stance taken by industry over the years has little to do with Sony alone 

The point is that none of the PS5 exclusives is worth purchasing right now at full price. Godfall maybe not be worth buying at all looking at reviews.

I am planning to get SM MM and DS when their prices fall below 2000 for instance. 

18 hours ago, hope said:

Wow Bantu :rofl:

No game is worth 5k but a next gen console which has nothing next gen is worth 50k coz you can play old games :rofl:

Mungerilal`s have bought Gamepass for n years and now trying to justify their X purchase but instead are making a fool of themselves.

You are right.

I think you should go right ahead and buy the PS5 at launch and pay full 5000 for each exclusive. The Indian PS re-sale market really needs bakras like you who pay full game prices at launch and play a possibly buggy Version 1.0 of the game. 

In fact, I urge everyone to buy PS5 at launch and buy every available game immediately. It’ll help us folks who want to purchase games at sensible prices later.

You are clearly new to consoles and gaming since you don’t even know these basic things like when and at what prices to buy games.

Edited by 0verlord

1 hour ago, 0verlord said:

The point is that none of the PS5 exclusives is worth purchasing right now at full price. Godfall maybe not be worth buying at all looking at reviews.

I am planning to get SM MM and DS when their prices fall below 2000 for instance. 

Stop repeating the same thing over and over again. They may not be worth buying at full price for you. That is fine. Millions are going to buy it. Move on now.

Just now, CarbonCore said:

If you have trouble paying for games you should stick with Xbox, or even better, PC. Stay away from PS5 and Switch, they expect you to pay for games.

Seriously. People have been paying for games since inception of console gaming. When the f**k did it become a joke or something to scoff at to actually buy the games you want to play? Just because Sony and Nintendo (and customers) value their games to not give them for free, doesn't mean they are not "worth it" as a matter of fact.

Idiotic stuff all around

Just now, playstationdude said:

I think paying for games is not the concern, concern is the high pricing of 5k /70 bucks

That is fine. But no need to repeat the same thing of "not worth it" over and over again. It may not be worth it to you but it is not a universal fact. Millions would buy MM at launch, they are not idiots. In principal, games industry would cease to exist if people stopped buying games at launch

1 minute ago, Sach4life said:

That is fine. But no need to repeat the same thing of "not worth it" over and over again. It may not be worth it to you but it is not a universal fact. Millions would buy MM at launch, they are not idiots. In principal, games industry would cease to exist if people stopped buying games at launch

He is just trying to justify buying a series X , which is silly imo. I've been a ps console gamer mostly yet I want to pick up a series X as well this gen, because why not? Dont need to compare it constantly to ps5 to justify my purchase especially when ps5 is still on the radar.

31 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

I think paying for games is not the concern, concern is the high pricing of 5k /70 bucks

Next-gen games are going to cost 5K regardless of platform, its not exclusive to Sony. In fact the situation is so dire for Xbox physical games in India that you get inflated prices on imported copies. Try to find SX copy of Cold War for under 5.5k.

33 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

He is just trying to justify buying a series X , which is silly imo.

Such a weird thing to do. Justify something you bought with your own money to random people on the internet. At end of the day, it is your console/product and you are the one going to use. 

If someone say XSX / PS5 is garbage, will you stop using it despite spending $500 on it? Answer is no, you won't. Same way there is no reason to try and justify a product you purchased already. Just use and enjoy it. Why care what others spend their money on? 

Good if you want to wait and save money but "none of the PS5 exclusives is worth purchasing right now at full price" is simply wrong. People who purchased PS5 "want" to play new games (Miles Morales/Demon's Souls and whatnot) and are willing to spend $70. They didn't spend $500 on console to wait for 6-12 months to buy the game.

Also, lots of them sell their console disc after completing the game and end up only spending $10-20. 

You are clearly new to consoles and gaming since you don’t even know these basic things like when and at what prices to buy games.

?????????????

• Like 4

I see two problems with a subscription based model, first is limited to markets like India i.e. lack of widespread availability of quality internet access. I live in Delhi and I still cant download a 200 gigs game in an hour. Preloading is an option, but, for that too you need a decent to good internet connection.

Second being, availability of AAA titles on gamepass on day zero. Though this model might attract people, but I dont see it being sustainable in the longer run. If they want to continue this trend though, they will degrade the quality of big budget games and/or make them episodic/multiplayer only etc. Good single player story driven titles that take the industry forward would slowly cease to exist. We might see an influx of low budget inde titles some of them being epic ( Hades ) but still some games disrupt the industry and they cant be/should not be given away on day 0 on a subscription based service I believe.

AAA titles these days are incredibly complex and costly (Cyberpunk 2077) and the developers should be allowed to earn.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sach4life said:

Seriously. People have been paying for games since inception of console gaming. When the f**k did it become a joke or something to scoff at to actually buy the games you want to play? Just because Sony and Nintendo (and customers) value their games to not give them for free, doesn't mean they are not "worth it" as a matter of fact.

Idiotic stuff all around

I have been a PS gamer for over 10 years I own 3 PS consoles and have paid for games. This is not new to me. Paying full price at launch is new to me.

1 minute ago, radicaldude said:

I see two problems with a subscription based model, first is limited to markets like India i.e. lack of widespread availability of quality internet access. I live in Delhi and I still cant download a 200 gigs game in an hour. Preloading is an option, but, for that too you need a decent to good internet connection.

Second being, availability of AAA titles on gamepass on day zero. Though this model might attract people, but I dont see it being sustainable in the longer run. If they want to continue this trend though, they will degrade the quality of big budget games and/or make them episodic/multiplayer only etc. Good single player story driven titles that take the industry forward would slowly cease to exist. We might see an influx of low budget inde titles some of them being epic ( Hades ) but still some games disrupt the industry and they cant be/should not be given away on day 0 on a subscription based service I believe.

AAA titles these days are incredibly complex and costly (Cyberpunk 2077) and the developers should be allowed to earn.

While I am not a big fan of subscription based model myself and prefer owning games, the argument that only day 1 games would attract people to subscribe is faulty IMO. There are tons of gamers out there who may be okay with waiting for a couple of months if they know that the game would eventually come to gamepass. 

Also, I think you are confusing a model like gamepass with games as a service (like what Rockstar seems to be doing with GTA/RDR online and what EA is doing with FIFA). Gamepass is just a subscription model where you can play whatever games you want. While it may be true that games don't release necessarily on Day1, I feel they don't need to. Personally I don't binge watch serials on Amazon Prime/Netflix and prefer getting to them when I have time. Why can't I do the same with games? And it gives me a huge library to try out games. 

• Like 2

I have been a PS gamer for over 10 years I own 3 PS consoles and have paid for games. This is not new to me. Paying full price at launch is new to me.
Then don't and only talk about yourself. Don't imply people, paying full price at launch for games they want to play, are idiots. Worth of a game is personal and you don't get to decide that for everyone. So stop spouting that all the timr everywhere.

Also, as i said before, the gaming industry would cease to exist if millions were not buying games at launch or at full price. Just because you can't/aren't willing to, doesn't mean those who do are wrong or fools

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

• Like 4